Need to redo this space, help!
gkakg
I need to redo my living room, which is shown in the picture. I am open to buying new couches, or using what I currently have. Right now its too dull and boring. I want to keep it simple and classy but more lively than it is right now. Suggestions?
Carmel Decor
You need color, try a colorful rug Carmel Decor - Traditional Rugs and some decorative throw pillows Carmel Decor - Pillow Talk.
Draperies and artwork are also an opportunity to add warmth, color, and interest to the room. Hope this helps.
October 29, 2013 at 12:12am   
Michelle Ashby
Hi there :) i think that your bare wall needs some love. :) Why not try using that to put your TV on, make it a focal point, and re-arrange your couches to face the TV. the couch that is right infront of the stairs makes it feel unwelcoming and closed off. Maybe get a new couch or 2, and one comfy chair as a seperate just to not let everything feel all the same. Maybe get 2 white double couches in a white, or an off-white colour, so you can use nice throw pillows. Get a nice side table for a lamp next to the couches, get a lamp with a nice big silver base, and big lamp shade. Preferably big round. The small side tables are too small for your big couches, they just fade away. Get nice throw pillows for the couches, whith nice design or patterns, in nice colours, not too hectic, otherwise you could get sic of it :) Get a 2 of each, and a couple differenct just to give it some edge. Get a few nice ornaments for above the fire place. If you are really up for an art project, why not try plaster that fireplace up and make it smooth, give it a paint, and then put a couple of photos/frames up above the fireplace above the ornaments. A new rug could cost quite a bit, so the white couches will really light up the room. or you can paint the room, fill in that space above the fireplace to make it a flat wall to put your tv on, and use the other bare wall to put photos on.....Hope you come right
October 29, 2013 at 4:14am   
Shikha Gill
Accentuate the windows..like this..
[houzz=Bench and Mantel 1]
[houzz=Bench and Mantel 2]
[houzz=tiburon home with Asian influence]
play more with the fire place..
[houzz=Project in Tiburon]
add some personality using personal touches..photos, quotes,cushions, table items....Add life
October 29, 2013 at 5:04am   
Shikha Gill
some lighting on the ceiling
October 29, 2013 at 5:05am   
Should we paint interior doors in newly painted paneled den?
We are in the process of priming our paneled den to...
How do you make a rented space feel like home?
If you're not allowed to make any drastic changes,...
Which top drawer front should I go with for inset cabinets?
I'm doing raised panel inset cabinets and have to decide...
Colourful photo frames - yay or nay?
Black, white or silver are your standard photo frame...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...