Need help for School Project!
Marc Reitano
I am currently in year 12 and studying Design and Technology. As my major project, I am making a Coffee Table. There is some quick CAD sketches i drew of my idea, however my design needs to be innovative and have new functions. I am in seek of some new ideas which i could incorporate into the table, such as wireless charging etc... Throw me some crazy ideas!! Thank you! :)
CDR Design
What about a coffee/table

What about an inside-hinged door on the top. Inside the door is a wireless charging pad and a place to store electronics such as phone and iPad. When opened, the hinged door also serves as a stand for an ipad.

Storage for remote controls would be nice.
1 Like   October 29, 2013 at 3:30AM
Marc Reitano
That is a good idea! I will look into it and try and come up with something. Just finding a decent size charging pad is hard, however I like your ides and will try and incorporate them.
Thank you @cdrdesign
0 Likes   October 29, 2013 at 3:38AM
CDR Design
I hope you receive more ideas, Marc. I am not really tech savvy. Have you considered collaborating with some of your tech friends? I'll bet they could come up with some really good ideas.

What I am sort of envisioning is the look of a coffee table. You open up the hinged,large top and inside is a tech world.

Another idea (don't think you could do both) is a gamer coffee table. Inside is small monitor, xbox and components.

Another idea----a lot of physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists are utilizing nintendo wii as therapy for heal patients. You could come up with a mobile wii station. Get with some of your medical friends and come up with something like this. Unique: no one esle will be doing this, I'll bet.
0 Likes   October 29, 2013 at 3:49AM
Marc Reitano
Chris!! How did you come up with such an idea? It is a bit wild and innovative and im still trying to visualize the whole concept, but i think it may be possible. Thank you !!
1 Like   October 30, 2013 at 2:45AM
Greenstar Technologies
Hi Chris, ipad dock have a look at this
0 Likes   September 30, 2014 at 4:50AM
Facelift and ideas required!
Looking for suggestions to exterior. After 20 years...
Roger Burns
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22
Help my wall!
I was given these framed images by my grandfather who...
dolphinbaby
TEC Grout to Mapei Grout Conversion
Hi.. I would like to use TEC Delorean Gray and Silverado...
keako
Help this kitchen, very limited budget :(
I'm trying to help my best friend with her kitchen,...
Gabriela At