Kitchen looks mismatched
nkat123
I got a new breakfast table and barstools. But now, it kindoff looks mismatched. IS there anything I can do to bring it together? Should I just get rid of the gray bar stools and get black ones instead??

Will putting a rug under the kitchen table make it look any better?
Woodmaster Woodworks Inc.
Like you said, I would try a rug first. It may just feel mismatched because there is a lot of space. Consider a rug and putting something on the table such as place settings and a centerpiece so that it does not look so empty. This may be a cheaper route then getting new chairs.
October 29, 2013 at 8:21AM   
Agreed, a rug would help 'warm' up the room and add some characters.
October 29, 2013 at 9:34AM   
nkat123
Will a rug like this work?
October 29, 2013 at 9:57AM   
Debp
Would you consider adding some color? Your rug should be large so that your chairs can still be on the rug when completely pulled away from table.
October 29, 2013 at 10:31AM   
nkat123
Adding color is an interesting perspective. Since I already have many colors black chairs, white cabinets, expresso island and green walls, I was not sure if I should introduce another color.
October 29, 2013 at 10:50AM   
S&Associates
I think you should go for colorful rug it will make your room look bright and vibrant
October 29, 2013 at 11:00AM     
Cancork Floor Inc.
I think what you are missing are personal touches. A coloured rug would go a long way. The monochromatic look (the "green" is adding to the look so I would not classify it as "colour") is hard to pull off in a "warm comfy" way. By adding personality to the space you add cohesion. Without cohesion you end up with a rather sterile space - which is where you are now. The beauty of the monochromatic look = blank slate for colourful ideas!

Try starting off small - like a bowl with Granny Smith apples (bright green) on the table to see if you want to stick with the greens. A splash of chartreuse (same colour as the apples) would go a long way in this room and help tie-in the walls to the decor. Some hung art on the open wall space. Maybe try a coloured runner on the table (or two to produce a "cross" or "X" because your table is round) to add some textiles. By adding and subtracting colours (edible colours are easy to work with - the money is always well spent) you will find the "Thing" that works for you!

Right now there is no warmth of a "textile" or "warm" surface. Add this in and you will find the room pulls itself together nicely.
October 29, 2013 at 11:30AM        Thanked by nkat123
No, why would you. Looks good. Don't make mistake of going too matchy matchy. Love bar stools good job. Add a pop of color on counters. Like red or yellow. In canisters.
October 29, 2013 at 12:35PM      Thanked by nkat123
You could go a round area rug. Maybe zebra for fun. Or a graphic contemporary design, mix it up have fun.
October 29, 2013 at 12:37PM   
Chandelier Decision
Hello ! Your advice is needed desperately to help me...
what counter do you like more? darker or lighter?
monochrome kitchen w/ london grey ceaserstone and white...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Need help choosing nightstands
I have an gorgeous full size antique oak bed in the...
Need help with entry door color and shutters on a white cape cod house
I would love to do either black shutters and a brilliant...