POLL: Best bedroom view?
Houzz Polls
October 29, 2013 in Polls
What would be the perfect view from your bedroom window?

Vote and comment describing your current view to be entered into a drawing for your own pair of Houzz slippers! (Photos encouraged)

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 11/5/2013. One winner will be drawn at random.
Long pastoral view
Nest in the forest
Indoor-outdoor living
Country side view
Island view
Other - Show us below!
rosecafe
You know, the great thing about a water view is that it's ceaselessly changing, ever new nuances of light and wind on water. Reflections, ripples, white water, surf and sounds, calm and storm, sunrises and sunsets all are amplified in ones senses when one lives by the sea. What better way to be soothed off to sleep or to wake to, than to of the sight and sounds of the sea. Not to mention the galaxy of stars overhead, so much brighter when theres no smog or glaring city lights. City dwellers could only imagine such bed times. Presently, being on a narrow isthmus, we're within earshot of both crashing surf and lazy bay waves lapping the beach. The water's just out of view for now, but the new home looks out over the Bay of Islands N.Z. Can't wait to get back there and implement all my Houzz ideas on the remodeling :)
October 29, 2013 at 5:42pm     
daisimax
The perfect view from my window would be my backyard; it's beautiful and active with various animals. the most precious animal is my dog so happy rolling in the grass
October 29, 2013 at 5:59pm     
Katherine G.R.
I really love Colorado.
October 29, 2013 at 6:23pm   
DMH DESIGN
There is nothing quite like the sunrise glistening off the leaves of a wheat field, during a spring morning. I had this view from my bedroom window growing up, and this image remains firmly in my mind as a peaceful reprieve from city life.
October 29, 2013 at 7:01pm     
Sigrid
I'd be able to see the ocean from my bedroom if I cut down an enormous, over 100 year old Copper Beech in my backyard. It's probably the biggest Copper Beech in the county.
October 29, 2013 at 11:27pm     
myownstyle13
Country-side view... no neighbours... *g* but then again, I'm only in the bedroom when I'm asleep and when it's dark... so why would I need a view ;-). Prefer having the view from kitchen or living room or craftsroom...
October 29, 2013 at 11:38pm     
Jacqueline Parker
There is not enough coastal views to go around...so I will take the indoor outdoor view, with a roof terrace and rooftop pool with a view of city lights in the distance:)
October 30, 2013 at 4:03am     
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
Our present home sits on 4acres and the 5 bedroom windows gives us wonderful views of the property some of which is wooded and some cleared but all natural looking.
October 30, 2013 at 4:36am     
pool103
Love the transition from indoor to outdoor in a private peaceful setting....it would be great to wander outside in the evening with a glass of wine or in the morning with a cup of coffee to merge with nature in it's tranquility and enjoy the sunrise...love it!
October 30, 2013 at 4:45am     
sue home
This is a dream view , location and rooms . We have vacationed in St. Maarten and had a view similar to these and it was restful, calming and above all so different from our city townhouse with small yard . I love dreaming of winning a home on the water ; lake, ocean and or river , let face it I would take a large stream...
October 30, 2013 at 5:06am   
susan small
which one is your favorite?
October 30, 2013 at 5:53am   
handymam
Since I cannot post a pic and there are no cityscapes as an option, I did not vote.
October 30, 2013 at 6:06am     
spegal
The great Pacific Ocean..Rarotonga, Cook Islands. We wake to watch the sun rise over the ocean, it is such a great way to start the day...lying in bed looking through the side window which allows the view down the beach whilst the doors open to the ocean view.
October 30, 2013 at 6:24am     
Studio M Interior Design
Island always looks great, but there's something special about a countryside view :)
October 30, 2013 at 6:43am     
mefor
I live in the country, I'm so lucky that every window has a lovely view.
October 30, 2013 at 6:45am     
mjmason
Water, it can be tranquil, it can be roaring and everything in between. We recently sold our city home with a lovely treed view and moved to the country. Full time view of water from the master bedroom, great room, dining room, kitchen, screened in porch. I can spend hours just looking out the windows, my blood pressure has never been better. I am in loved with a water view.
October 30, 2013 at 6:58am     
mjmason
My water view
October 30, 2013 at 7:02am     
donnaweaver
We live in the suburbs, but we have an apartment in the city that overlooks Lake Michigan. Restful and calming, or fierce and stormy, it's always a great view.
October 30, 2013 at 7:03am     
Crimson Design & Construction
I was thinking the same donnaweaver, a great city view overlooking Lake Shore Drive and Lake Michigan!
October 30, 2013 at 8:13am   
Varada Veum
The view out my bedroom window is of the Mission Mountain range in Montana. I can open my eyes and see Mt. MacDonald in first light. I can also see my horses grazing in the pasture. Great way to wake up in the morning.
October 30, 2013 at 8:37am     
mhunt5
mhunt5 I really love trees and the opportunity to view wild life in the woods. I appreciate privacy that the woods afford.
October 30, 2013 at 8:39am     
bowchik
We don't have much of a view (the garage) so one nestled in the forest would be awesome any time of year :)
October 30, 2013 at 8:55am     
tinavann
I live in an apartment. My view is of a fast food restaurant across the street. I would love to wake up in the morning to see the animals and the changing colors of the leaves in the forest.
October 30, 2013 at 9:20am     
booboo48
Our view is amazing also.. From Master, kitchen, dining, den
October 30, 2013 at 9:21am     
bygeorgi
It would be lovely to have huge french doors that open up to a patio complete with soft seating and a rose garden......
October 30, 2013 at 9:25am     
llbinding
We have a lake view and much as I love many of the other peaceful views, my vote goes for a water view. I love the wildlife, and watching the sun set with the reflection on the water. Linda
October 30, 2013 at 9:25am     
alwaysdesigning
My current view in Texas is looking out over wheat fields and grazing cattle and hearing coyotes at night on our 103 acres
October 30, 2013 at 9:26am     
bluenan
I love my country views! These are taken from the front porch, but every room has a good view.
October 30, 2013 at 9:33am     
Debby Evans Garden Design
Of the choices presented, I am drawn to the beautiful windows that give me the sense of the larger landscape - as an extension of my private space. The home we purchased was driven by this same preference. Whether it is the sense of being in a "tree house" looking out the back of the house ( sloped lot, many oaks, creek) or tucked below the rock and oak outcroppings (now planted, in and around the rocks with vibrant maples, delicate white birch, native grasses and ground covering) secluded and private this house is a retreat/home integrated with nature.
October 30, 2013 at 9:58am     
Teresa S-j
One of my criteria is to have BIG windows. As nice as the island view looks, the window is too small and behind the bed. I like a view that changes.
October 30, 2013 at 10:07am   
Laurie
My current view is not the best. I am working to make it better though. We bought a house last summer that had not seen any care in the yard for decades. I've been working at restoring the lawn and adding landscaping. We are under drought restrictions so it has not been easy, but it is coming along slowly. My biggest eyesore is the garage that needs to be replaced, but I can't afford to do anything with it just now.
October 30, 2013 at 10:15am     
designingm0m
Though many views could be desirable with the right loved ones present I do enjoy the views of trees through the windows of our country home. But the most spectacular is the sky. Sometimes ominous looking during storms.
October 30, 2013 at 10:20am     
almostjane
This is a toughie. I think I'd choose either water or city. The California coastline at BIG SUR, NAUSET BEACH on Cape Cod - or BEACON HILL in Boston.
October 30, 2013 at 10:41am     
gbustilloc
A view of the lake or beach...facing the sunset *sigh*
October 30, 2013 at 10:55am     
cyndigilbert
I love the water so yes ocean view or even a lake. Just moved into a new house and have so much to do. The master is the biggest room in the house and has lots of windows but the last home owner covered part of the windows with some kind of frosted glass stick on film that will be hard to remove.
October 30, 2013 at 11:03am   
Pamela DeCuir Interior Designs
I love the view of my yard in our Florida home; palm trees, tiki hut, tiny beach with faux cabanas and soon to be lovely flowers. It's all peppered with the sounds of children in a playground on the other side of the fence during the weekdays, and at night with the sounds of guitar played by my hubby. Combine that with lovely winter weather and I'm a happy woman!
October 30, 2013 at 11:22am     
Anna Hill Designs
I feel very fortunate to have this as the view from my bedroom window - and yes, I live in Atlanta and yes, those are palm trees! They were planted years ago and are hardy to 30 below (I always get asked this question.) Our "palm guy" is a magician and I'm thankful that I have a bit of a beach view from my bedroom window right in a big city!
October 30, 2013 at 11:31am   
Carol Shanahan
Love the sound of the ocean it is so peaceful yet powerful!!
October 30, 2013 at 11:37am     
missyem85
Albeit in the distance, we look over rooftops, and our towns windmill from our bedroom, and tree tops from our spare room, both lovely :)
October 30, 2013 at 11:56am   
Susan Higgins
My dream is to wake up to the smell of ocean every day with a view of rolling waves. Right now, though, my view is the wooded area of my condo complex. I used to have the front master bedroom but that overlooked the parking lot for the complex. What a design mistake! So I moved into the back guest bedroom so I overlook the trees (and Dish network satellites!) But at least it's quiet.
October 30, 2013 at 11:57am     
vjs12
bluenan, what state is that? Beautiful fall scenery.
October 30, 2013 at 12:02pm     
74corralitos
I live in the country and look out my second story bedroom window past upper deck into the back yard. Back of the yard has a pergola and white gate which goes into our 2 acre pasture. A beautiful view.
October 30, 2013 at 12:03pm     
cardenascontracting
a play area with trees and toys for my wonderful grandkids
October 30, 2013 at 12:32pm   
Dave Hymes - Coldwell Banker
I love an ocean view but I also like big windows so I'll go with the forest view...great windows.
October 30, 2013 at 12:38pm   
L Behrens
Anywhere near a body of water. Currently I wake up to beautiful sunrises on the Mississippi River. Any season is pretty.
October 30, 2013 at 1:00pm     
Lonnie DeWitt
I have to say I love water and sunset views and this is mine from not on,y my bedroom, but every room in my condo due to open design concept created by Mark Daniel Design.
October 30, 2013 at 1:48pm     
Ocean view
Woodland view (preferable snow covered)
Cityscape view
In that order.
October 30, 2013 at 1:56pm     
rebeccapitre
a nest in the forest is very restful. We are currently building and our bedroom has a great view of mountains and forest. Although the room is small, as we have never been ones for lounging or primping so to speak, and spending money on an elaborate master bedroom and bath was not important to us,(or in our budget), we LOVE our view.
October 30, 2013 at 1:56pm     
bluenan
Vjs12, thanks so much, I live outside of St. Louis, Missouri.
October 30, 2013 at 2:02pm     
decoratinglady5
Torn between water view and countryside view! But there is something special about the countryside view,very comforting,love seeing the horses,cows,deer,you name it,I could look at that all day..and looking far to the hills and see the landscape,gorgeous trees in the fall.
October 30, 2013 at 2:09pm     
bluenan
Oh, I forgot, Go Cards!
October 30, 2013 at 2:10pm     
unwantedadvice
When I lived in Hawaii for three years, I often thought about whether to live on the beach or up high for a view of the ocean. Both had their strong points. Needless to say I haven't been back but I still remember it vividly and miss that scenery.
October 30, 2013 at 2:30pm   
Danielian Associates Architecture + Planning
Island View
**Where was gorgeous secret garden view?
October 30, 2013 at 2:36pm     
Debra Zuloaga @ Lowe's Home Improvement
The ocean view is my pick. Dessert living is great, but a room with an ocean view in the dessert is the best place on earth.
October 30, 2013 at 2:49pm   
indianpatti
I'm with Handyman on this one ... love a city view!
October 30, 2013 at 2:51pm     
mefor
Hey, that's handyma'am, she's a girl and my friend. And I love a city view too. :)
October 30, 2013 at 3:40pm     
Kim Westwood
First I thought the pasture view would be my favourite but water view is so calming and relaxing. We have 5 acres lots of gum trees & wild life but 5 mins from the beach. So my decorating is changing from country to coastal with white as my canvas my colours change from Aquas to blues with a touch of yellow. I need to cool down my house without using the air-conditioner.
October 30, 2013 at 3:40pm   
jbmummy
I have a beautiful hilly countryside view from all windows but give me a water (preferably ocean/coastline) view any day!
October 30, 2013 at 3:41pm   
orangecamera
My current view is directly to my neighbor's bedroom across the driveway. If they ever opened their curtains (they haven't in the past almost-year I've lived here) we'd be seeing each other in bed! Luckily for me they don't open their curtains because I like mine open in the daytime.

My dream view would be a forest, with lots of animals and birds for me to watch. I'd look every day to see what plants have grown, or what's blooming, etc.
October 30, 2013 at 3:47pm     
studio10001
I love any view I can see the top of, be it trees, water,roof or field! One of my favourite bedrooms looked out onto a flat, gravel covered roof. BUT. Every morning the sky was brilliant against the gravel, and peacocks gathered on it outside the window, pecking at the glass for breakfast. I started every day drinking coffee and hanging out that window while they preened.
October 30, 2013 at 5:19pm     
irina92
This one was a bit hard for me because I personally loved all of them, except for the closed off one, but I chose the island/ocean view because it is something I wish I could see through my window right now instead of a bunch of cars, streets, houses and a gray cloudy weather.....
October 30, 2013 at 5:36pm   
adobe7
I'd love to have a country side view from my bedroom; but I live in a somewhat busy and noisy neiborhood where privacy and beauty would be such a luxury. So I'm voting for the indoor-outdoor patio view...so cheerful and yet personal and cozy too!
October 30, 2013 at 6:48pm   
gladagain
I love the water view, there's nothing as pleasing to me as seeing the ripple of the lake or the surf. My dream would be to live in Monterey, Ca or some place similar. Hearing the ocean at night is so awesome!
October 30, 2013 at 6:58pm   
oakleyspanky
Love our lakeview from our second story bedroom window...
October 30, 2013 at 7:31pm     
sarj81
Dream view: ocean
Current view: neighbor's pool
October 30, 2013 at 7:54pm   
helmandale
I selected the island view, but of course I would. I live in the city.
October 30, 2013 at 8:48pm   
fliebman
Blue water through view of garden.
October 30, 2013 at 8:59pm   
judithahall
Love the indoor/outdoor view. How wonderful to wake in the morning to the inside of your great mid-century modern bedroom, over looking the best part of your outdoor living! Love the floor to ceiling windows, so that even in the winter, natural light can flood the room.
October 30, 2013 at 10:40pm   
lindydee
The sea. We have two large windows looking out past the trees to the sea and the sky reflected in a huge mirror on a side wall giving us four window views. Amazing sunsets and skies and somehow different and ever changing looks in each window. "My" sky looks so much more dramatic than "yours" this morning.
October 31, 2013 at 12:10am   
reno20417
To beat my backyard, backed up against the Chugach Mountain Range in Eagle River Alaska, would be hard, but since I'm in love with the sun......give an ocean view and I'd be happy too!
October 31, 2013 at 12:19am     
ravibala
I love forest view and indoor outdoor view too. I love mountains,trees,animals,birds.I love to have a garden,flowers,fruit trees... A view from my bedroom balcony.....
October 31, 2013 at 12:37am     
salwaz
Water view would be perfect
October 31, 2013 at 1:16am   
shilpis
Country side view is perfect.
October 31, 2013 at 2:33am     
aswelo
The pillows and the water, sky and landscape mixtures makes it natural.
October 31, 2013 at 7:04am   
sunnie2day
Our current view isn't picture worthy as it's a small grassed terrace against a 20' block and stone wall:( We're looking for a property to make a 3-gen home and view ranks high on the must have list. We're in Scotland close to the glens - gorgeous views not out of the realm of possibility!
October 31, 2013 at 7:18am     
Irina Belokon
I love my view from window
October 31, 2013 at 7:40am     
Kim Callaghan Brandon
I picked the indoor/outdoor view, mostly because it is an extension of the bedroom. It offers whatever view you choose to make it, garden, hottub, pool, sitting/lounge area, etc. It also offers privacy and great sky views. Most practical and I love it.
October 31, 2013 at 8:29am     
emuller39
I just got back from my friend's cottage. Watching waves, the expanse of blue and a sunset on/over the water is one of my life's special moments!
October 31, 2013 at 10:20am     
carolyn14102
Would love to see the forest outside my window.
October 31, 2013 at 12:59pm   
dianahb
Nothing beats a water view-- and it's infinite-- which allows you to breathe. With the exception of the 'pastoral' view and this coastal/water view, the others seemed too closed in and blocked to me.
October 31, 2013 at 1:37pm     
Diane
I love sunsets we have winter views only. Some trees , some water and some big city skyline
November 1, 2013 at 5:25am     
ctuggle18
I love seeing the water from view, beautiful and calming. My master view is pretty, it overlooks big wide open backyard that we are pretty above and yard slopes slightly down with a perfect width of old tall trees that line the back of property line and trees go back deep enough provides a woods feel and privacy to houses behind them.
November 2, 2013 at 6:06pm   
calidesign
A view with water of any kind.
November 2, 2013 at 6:16pm   
chookchook2
A circus!
November 2, 2013 at 6:33pm   
suzanne_m
A view of the ocean and be close enough to hear the waves.
November 2, 2013 at 11:10pm     
chookchook2
My husband told my daughter you have to live in a circus to have a view of a circus
November 2, 2013 at 11:46pm     
i4ca
I have the most fantastic view of the ocean from a cliff. It captures the busy ferry traffic and at night looks like Manhatten all lit up!
November 4, 2013 at 11:24am     
The Bazeley Partnership
Cornish Views! The coastline here changes with every mile and the two coasts (North and South) are so very different. We have rolling hills, craggy cliffs, golden sand... bucolic beauty!
November 5, 2013 at 2:02am     
sunnie2day
We visit friends in west Devon every year and a trip to Land's End is a must - if we didn't love our Scottish glens so very much we'd be there year-round, gorgeous place and people!
November 5, 2013 at 3:25am     
The Bazeley Partnership
That is tricky! Scotland is a very stunning part of the world too. Sounds like you have the best of both worlds.
November 5, 2013 at 3:34am     
Realstone Systems
What a hard choice! I'll take the combo please :) Country side view on one side and the island view on the other and I'll be in my dream land!
November 5, 2013 at 5:29am   
Jeannie Nguyen
CONGRATULATIONS to Irina Belokon for winning her very own pair of Houzz slippers! Don't worry if you missed out on this poll, you still have a chance to enter your comments in our TVs Everywhere poll! http://www.houzz.com/discussions/712770/Comment-for-a-chance-to-win--POLL--TV-s-Everywhere-
November 7, 2013 at 12:55pm     
Shakúff
Love a beach view!!
November 7, 2013 at 12:59pm   
G-Town Tex
Pikes Peak :-)
November 7, 2013 at 1:01pm   
Monique's Bath Showroom
Monique's Bath Showroom, at 123 N. Beacon Street in Watertown, MA will be giving away to its' first 50 customers making a purchase, beginning December 1st, 2013, "Still Watertown Strong" 2014 calenders which hilights the people of Watertown and how they have come together to heal since the aftermath of the Boston Marathon Bombing. All proceeds from the sale of the calenders goes to support the Watertown Boys and Girls Club. The calender makes a perfect Holiday gift!
November 24, 2013 at 12:49pm   
Monique's Bath Showroom
That's "Keeping Watertown Strong" 2014 Calender
November 24, 2013 at 12:53pm   
Donna Combe
Nest In The Forest without a doubt!!
July 6, 2014 at 3:47am   
POLL: Best Tiny Bedroom?
Can your bedroom be tiny AND inspired? Sure, it can!...
POLL: Best spot for homework?
With summer winding down and kids heading back to school,...
Tile Backsplash Poll - Which one looks best?
I will be removing the 4" high granite backsplash and...
POLL: Which of these quartz choices do you like best and why?
I'm not getting any responses to my too long post so...
damp walk out basement
Musty smell in basement rooms.
Different accent chair for newly refurnished LR
I am in search of a replacement accent chair for the...
Need help with setting up this ally way space. What should i put here?
We are planning on making this space all for the dog,...
Would you use blind/shade/curtain for these window?
If so, what kind and what colour? Any thoughts will...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...