Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL: Best bedroom view?

Houzz Polls
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
What would be the perfect view from your bedroom window?

Vote and comment describing your current view to be entered into a drawing for your own pair of Houzz slippers! (Photos encouraged)

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 11/5/2013. One winner will be drawn at random.

Comments (104)

• indianpatti
    10 years ago
    I'm with Handyman on this one ... love a city view!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Hey, that's handyma'am, she's a girl and my friend. And I love a city view too. :)
  • Kim Westwood
    10 years ago
    First I thought the pasture view would be my favourite but water view is so calming and relaxing. We have 5 acres lots of gum trees & wild life but 5 mins from the beach. So my decorating is changing from country to coastal with white as my canvas my colours change from Aquas to blues with a touch of yellow. I need to cool down my house without using the air-conditioner.
  • J
    10 years ago
    I have a beautiful hilly countryside view from all windows but give me a water (preferably ocean/coastline) view any day!
  • orangecamera
    10 years ago
    My current view is directly to my neighbor's bedroom across the driveway. If they ever opened their curtains (they haven't in the past almost-year I've lived here) we'd be seeing each other in bed! Luckily for me they don't open their curtains because I like mine open in the daytime.

My dream view would be a forest, with lots of animals and birds for me to watch. I'd look every day to see what plants have grown, or what's blooming, etc.
  • studio10001
    10 years ago
    I love any view I can see the top of, be it trees, water,roof or field! One of my favourite bedrooms looked out onto a flat, gravel covered roof. BUT. Every morning the sky was brilliant against the gravel, and peacocks gathered on it outside the window, pecking at the glass for breakfast. I started every day drinking coffee and hanging out that window while they preened.
  • Irene
    10 years ago
    This one was a bit hard for me because I personally loved all of them, except for the closed off one, but I chose the island/ocean view because it is something I wish I could see through my window right now instead of a bunch of cars, streets, houses and a gray cloudy weather.....
  • adobe7
    10 years ago
    I'd love to have a country side view from my bedroom; but I live in a somewhat busy and noisy neiborhood where privacy and beauty would be such a luxury. So I'm voting for the indoor-outdoor patio view...so cheerful and yet personal and cozy too!
  • Cecilia H
    10 years ago
    I love the water view, there's nothing as pleasing to me as seeing the ripple of the lake or the surf. My dream would be to live in Monterey, Ca or some place similar. Hearing the ocean at night is so awesome!
  • oakleyspanky
    10 years ago
    Love our lakeview from our second story bedroom window...
  • sarj81
    10 years ago
    Dream view: ocean
    Current view: neighbor's pool
  • helmandale
    10 years ago
    I selected the island view, but of course I would. I live in the city.
  • fliebman
    10 years ago
    Blue water through view of garden.
  • judithahall
    10 years ago
    Love the indoor/outdoor view. How wonderful to wake in the morning to the inside of your great mid-century modern bedroom, over looking the best part of your outdoor living! Love the floor to ceiling windows, so that even in the winter, natural light can flood the room.
  • lindydee
    10 years ago
    The sea. We have two large windows looking out past the trees to the sea and the sky reflected in a huge mirror on a side wall giving us four window views. Amazing sunsets and skies and somehow different and ever changing looks in each window. "My" sky looks so much more dramatic than "yours" this morning.
  • reno20417
    10 years ago
    To beat my backyard, backed up against the Chugach Mountain Range in Eagle River Alaska, would be hard, but since I'm in love with the sun......give an ocean view and I'd be happy too!
  • ravibala
    10 years ago
    I love forest view and indoor outdoor view too. I love mountains,trees,animals,birds.I love to have a garden,flowers,fruit trees... A view from my bedroom balcony.....
  • salwaz
    10 years ago
    Water view would be perfect
  • shilpis
    10 years ago
    Country side view is perfect.
  • aswelo
    10 years ago
    The pillows and the water, sky and landscape mixtures makes it natural.
  • sunnie2day
    10 years ago
    Our current view isn't picture worthy as it's a small grassed terrace against a 20' block and stone wall:( We're looking for a property to make a 3-gen home and view ranks high on the must have list. We're in Scotland close to the glens - gorgeous views not out of the realm of possibility!
  • Irina Belokon
    10 years ago
    I love my view from window
  • Kim Brandon
    10 years ago
    I picked the indoor/outdoor view, mostly because it is an extension of the bedroom. It offers whatever view you choose to make it, garden, hottub, pool, sitting/lounge area, etc. It also offers privacy and great sky views. Most practical and I love it.
  • emuller39
    10 years ago
    I just got back from my friend's cottage. Watching waves, the expanse of blue and a sunset on/over the water is one of my life's special moments!
  • carolyn14102
    10 years ago
    Would love to see the forest outside my window.
  • dbh
    10 years ago
    Nothing beats a water view-- and it's infinite-- which allows you to breathe. With the exception of the 'pastoral' view and this coastal/water view, the others seemed too closed in and blocked to me.
  • Diane
    10 years ago
    I love sunsets we have winter views only. Some trees , some water and some big city skyline
  • ctuggle18
    10 years ago
    I love seeing the water from view, beautiful and calming. My master view is pretty, it overlooks big wide open backyard that we are pretty above and yard slopes slightly down with a perfect width of old tall trees that line the back of property line and trees go back deep enough provides a woods feel and privacy to houses behind them.
  • calidesign
    10 years ago
    A view with water of any kind.
  • User
    10 years ago
    A circus!
  • suzanne_m
    10 years ago
    A view of the ocean and be close enough to hear the waves.
  • User
    10 years ago
    My husband told my daughter you have to live in a circus to have a view of a circus
  • I forcier
    10 years ago
    I have the most fantastic view of the ocean from a cliff. It captures the busy ferry traffic and at night looks like Manhatten all lit up!
  • PRO
    The Bazeley Partnership
    10 years ago
    Cornish Views! The coastline here changes with every mile and the two coasts (North and South) are so very different. We have rolling hills, craggy cliffs, golden sand... bucolic beauty!
  • sunnie2day
    10 years ago
    We visit friends in west Devon every year and a trip to Land's End is a must - if we didn't love our Scottish glens so very much we'd be there year-round, gorgeous place and people!
  • PRO
    The Bazeley Partnership
    10 years ago
    That is tricky! Scotland is a very stunning part of the world too. Sounds like you have the best of both worlds.
  • PRO
    Realstone Systems
    10 years ago
    What a hard choice! I'll take the combo please :) Country side view on one side and the island view on the other and I'll be in my dream land!
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 years ago
    CONGRATULATIONS to Irina Belokon for winning her very own pair of Houzz slippers! Don't worry if you missed out on this poll, you still have a chance to enter your comments in our TVs Everywhere poll!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-tvs-everywhere-dsvw-vd~712770
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    10 years ago
    Love a beach view!!
  • Anne
    10 years ago
    Pikes Peak :-)
  • PRO
    Monique's Bath Showroom
    10 years ago
    Monique's Bath Showroom, at 123 N. Beacon Street in Watertown, MA will be giving away to its' first 50 customers making a purchase, beginning December 1st, 2013, "Still Watertown Strong" 2014 calenders which hilights the people of Watertown and how they have come together to heal since the aftermath of the Boston Marathon Bombing. All proceeds from the sale of the calenders goes to support the Watertown Boys and Girls Club. The calender makes a perfect Holiday gift!
  • PRO
    Monique's Bath Showroom
    10 years ago
    That's "Keeping Watertown Strong" 2014 Calender
  • Donna Combe
    9 years ago
    Nest In The Forest without a doubt!!
  • Mak Maras
    9 years ago
    A view of LA skyline at night :-)
  • tara5
    9 years ago
    We live in London (well Purley, Surrey to be exact) and I love our view of the valley! Just 21 minutes into the city but It's the best of both worlds: city and a bit of countryside.
  • honeyfieldsgraincompany
    9 years ago
    We are fortunate enough to live with a gorgeous view outside our windows. The problem is that the only windows in our bedroom are two very narrow and tall windows on either side of the headboard so we can't view the landscape at all when we are in bed. I would love to have large windows on the wall that is on my side of the bed. The view is lovely there as well and we could both see it.
  • PRO
    River Valley Cabinet Works
    9 years ago
    I like all but the indoor/outdoor view.
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    8 years ago

À view on the sea would be my Dream but for now, my cottage view is on the lake.

Outside shower · More Info

• lamaisonbleu
    7 years ago

I live in a city! I guess no one else here does that? I like facing the street and the side neighbors. I have a lovely view of trees. My bedroom feels like a tree house. I can see front yards with flowers all year long along my street. I like seeing families bike together, couples running together, the elderly being wheeled by their nurses... it makes me feel I live in a thriving community!

• Tatjana Grebenjuk ( Baa)
    7 years ago

My Dream is a view on the water and landscape mixtures makes it natural.