Need help picking out the right yellow!
kbonham
I have an east facing condo which only gets the morning light. I want to bring the sunshine in! Can someone suggest the right yellow?
A Crew of Two
October 30, 2013 at 7:01PM        Thanked by kbonham
Amy Cali
Beautiful suggestion A Crew of Two.
October 30, 2013 at 7:03PM     
fabc
Benjamin Moore hawthorn yellow
November 10, 2013 at 8:22PM      Thanked by kbonham
oneofeleven
How about Babouche, Farrow and Ball. This is one of the neutrals recommended by Martha Stewart. You have a lot of dark furniture which will also absorb any light coming in. Perhaps you could lighten it up with slipcovers for the dining room chairs.
http://www.marthastewart.com/sites/files/marthastewart.com/ecl/images/content/web/pdfs/2010Q2/msl_0510_paintjars_glossary1.pdf?czone=home%2Fdecorating-by-color%2Feditors-picks&gallery=274423&slide=989971¢er=276997
November 10, 2013 at 8:50PM        Thanked by kbonham
kbonham
Thank you all for your input, very much appreciated! The yellow I am leaning to is Valspar summer bliss. I have changed out the dining light and moved my furniture around after purchasing a new fireplace / tv stand. I am also thinking of removing the drapes completely. Will keep updating as progress is don. And please keep giving me ideas!
November 11, 2013 at 8:21PM   
oneofeleven
The new arrangement looks much better, what does summer bliss look like?
November 11, 2013 at 8:24PM      Thanked by kbonham
A Crew of Two
Couldn't find summer bliss on the Valspar website
November 12, 2013 at 5:01AM   
kbonham
Whoops checked again on the name and it is called yellow bliss. I really appreciate your advice as the painter will be coming in next week.
November 12, 2013 at 5:19AM   
A Crew of Two
This is a great yellow- did you get a sample to try on the wall first? Yellow is the hardest color to choose. As you paint the color intensifies and can turn very bright. You really need to see it on your walls at different times of the day to be sure.
November 12, 2013 at 5:35AM        Thanked by kbonham
I was also going to suggest the Ben Moore Lemon Sorbet - their "color of the year."
November 12, 2013 at 5:38AM      Thanked by kbonham
yoboseiyo
i would leave the panels, but treat them as stationary. why did you lower them, though? they looked lovely up near the ceiling line.
November 12, 2013 at 5:47AM      Thanked by kbonham
housegal200
Seconding Crew of Two that yellow is the hardest to choose. I have Benjamin Moore Lemon Sorbet in a sunroom that gets eastern light, and it's plenty yellow. It was actually about 6-7 shades lighter than where I started. May I suggest that you buy some big white posterboards and try out samples under different light conditions? That's how I came to my final decision. Here's a shot of my tiny sunroom. Your room is a lot larger, so it will be a lot of yellow.
November 12, 2013 at 6:28AM      Thanked by kbonham
My suggestion is BM Weston Flax for a room with an East exposure. It is a very neutral yellow, working with it is easy. You want your color to carry over after the sun moves away.

November 12, 2013 at 7:20AM      Thanked by kbonham
kbonham
Thank you all for the comments. I have tried the paint colour on a piece of 4 x 4 foot drywall which I moved from room to room. The first colour I tried was the lemon sorbet but I found it very bright, so I went lighter and lighter which lead me to the yellow bliss. I agree that yellow seems to be the hardest colour to get right! But I do love it and think it will go nicely in all the rooms. My bedroom spread and drapes are white and I have silver accents with dark wood furniture. The kitchen is at the end of the living area, as in most of condos and everything is quite dark in there also. (no window). So I am looking forward to having summer light all day long! The reason the curtain rod was lowered was there was a problem with it and I plan to remove it completely. I also plan on changing the area rug and adding an accent colour. I have to work with the dark furniture so we will see on the rest. Thanks again everyone. I really enjoy seeing everyone's pics!
November 12, 2013 at 8:32PM     
A Crew of Two
Make sure to post after pics!
November 13, 2013 at 2:56AM   
Need help picking the right shade of yellow paint for bedroom
I want to paint my bedroom yellow, but don't know how...
Need help picking right yellow stucco
I found this photo of a yellow house while trying to...
need help picking out the right light fixtures
Please help with picking out a table lamp that matches...
Need help picking out a curtain for window on right
My couch is red and cornice on small windows ( left)...
Help picking out right chandelier for stairs
Hi I need help picking out the right type of chandelier...
Need help with our kitchen color scheme
We have a very 80's kitchen. White cabinets with dark...
Knotty pine and colors
This was my grandma's house and we want to keep the...
Need Help Finalizing My Kitchen/Nook
Hi Houzz! I am moving into our new build home and...
contrasting colored wood floors
I need to replace an off-white vinyl in my kitchen,...
shutters need a color
Now that i painted my new door ,i am asking myself...