I am hiding a TV!!!!
justine7700
I am planning on putting a TV in my new family room. I have never had one there, so I don't like the idea of it being out in the open. Do these "media wall cabinets" just scream I AM HIDING A TV! ? I wouldn't want the disguise to actually call more attention to it. It will be along a big blank wall (15 feet), probably with other artwork.

I am open to other suggestions too.
mmmmk
I have seen them hidden behind pictures or they hold a photo on the screen to look like a photograph. That seems like less "hiding a Tv" to me. though you may have to get a cer tain brand of tv.? Maybe someone has pictures of this in their home. I would also be interested
0 Likes   Thanked by justine7700    October 30, 2013 at 7:59PM
A Kitchen That Works LLC
The two door version is better than the barn door version and feel confident that neither gives the appearance that you are attempting to hide anything. I have the same aversion as you to have an exposed TV screen. Have you ever seen the screens that convert to a work of art when not in use?
0 Likes   Thanked by justine7700    October 30, 2013 at 8:03PM
nechamaj
The mirrored doors look like a bathroom medicine chest in the family room. A little disorienting....
0 Likes   Thanked by justine7700    October 30, 2013 at 8:48PM
justine7700
Yeah, I don't really love each of them. At least not as a focal point, and that is exactly what they would be. They are less expensive than the flip TV products, but it might be worth the extra investment to look better.
0 Likes   October 30, 2013 at 9:15PM
reno20417
Something like this!
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 12:53AM
mememack
check out reno20417
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 2:20AM
justine7700
Thanks, I'll take a look.
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 7:57AM
Marilyn Wilkie
I thought the first one had lace insets! ???? And it actually intrigued me...kind of like a European cottage look. Depending on the decorating style in the room I like both of them. But one thing to consider is how much tv watching will actually go on. If a lot then it seems silly to invest in these because they may just be open all of the time. Not necessarily in your home however.
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 8:29AM
justine7700
I found another one, but I think it is too "cottage-y" for my transitional home. If you walked into a family room with a huge cabinet attached to the wall, would you think it was a tv? I wonder if just putting the TV on the wall would almost blend in more, rather than using a big piece of furniture to hide it.
2 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 11:59AM
TVCoverUps
justine7700, I couldn't agree more with your last comment. The TV Cabinets are bulky and take up additional floor space and detract from the room.

A solution that allows you put the TV on the wall and have it blend in with your decor is TVCoverUps. Framed art(including your own), mirror or panel adds to the room, with the hidden TV & Entertainment consoles beneath. Available in Automated & Manual Lifts and also allows for TV tilting hardware. Standard Sizes available(37", 42", 50, 55", 65") or build to your custom specs!

See how EASY this really can be:
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 12:21PM
bubblyjock
@ TV CoverUps - love your cheery wee video - it's refreshing to see a sales pitch that doesn't feel the need to nekkid women all over the product!
1 Like   October 31, 2013 at 1:04PM
Need help selecting a rug and PIllows
We just bought a house and trying to set up slowly....
Horrid tile
I want to change the tile behind my stove, I'm not...
any ideas for this wall?
I don't want to clutter things up, but what about a...
Need source for architect desk lamp
Looking for an architect lamp to set on credenza. ...
Need help with new layout for living room
I'm ready for a change in my formal living room. We...