What Color Paint for Hearth and Mantle ?
sarabeth2
I want to paint the mantle and hearth of this fireplace. As you can see in the second photo the hearth is very stained. I tried using a sander on it but couldn't get those stains off. Paint suggestions? The walls are going to be either Benjamin Moore Bennington Gray or BM Manchester Tan. All the oak trim is being painted BM Advance White, the carpeting is coming off to reveal solid oak flooring (will be refinished). Most of the furniture in this room is dark pine Ethan Allen furniture. Husband has vetoed painting the stone, but agrees the hearth and mantle need something. Also, would like to get rid of the gold trim accent on that black screen. Suggestions? Thank You All!
Dawn
You can paint gold trim black with special paint design for high temp, grills, ect. It is thin paint and takes a few coats but easy to do. Best applied with foam brush IMO.
October 31, 2013 at 6:16AM      Thanked by sarabeth2
sarabeth2
This fireplace is never used, and won't be. The thermostat regulating heat to the rest of the house is too close to the FP and when we used it many years ago it left the rest of the house cold as the heat of the fireplace affected the working of the thermostat. Would any of you suggest I remove the screen, paint the interior with a fresh coat of 'firebox' black paint, and then set something decorative in front of the opening? The screen just seems to dominate this fireplace.
October 31, 2013 at 6:24AM   
What should be the layout plan?
The only natural light source is the door from outside. Please...
Need help picking paint / shutter color for tudor house
Hello! Looking for some advice on our 1929 tudor...
Switching out of brown
Now my walls r in the brown family and I just purchase...
Architect or Designer to change the look and style for front of home
We live in the Bay Area and are looking for an architect...
backsplash color and material
I have gutted my ktchen and opened t up to the dining...