Need advice on pendant lighting over the kitchen island
foreverfarm11
My husband and I have looked at a million pendant lights and have found one we like. Unfortunately I have only found it in a 16x10 size and am worried it will be to big for our kitchen island. the kitchen will be 11x12 with an open floor plan - across from it is a 10x12 ,morning room. we have 8' ceilings and the island should be 78" long (6 1/2') and I am guessing the width will be 36 to 38". we are only hanging two pendant lights - do you think 16" width is to big on the pendant lights?
Norwood Architects
I believe that size may be too large. 12" would be better. However, depending on the wattage lamp you will use, you may also need to add a 4" recessed light(s) for adequate lighting on the island. I would center a 4" light over the sink and then mirror same distance to the other side. Then add your pendants closer to the morning room side. See the sketch....
October 31, 2013 at 6:32am      Thanked by foreverfarm11
What do you think about mismatched dining chairs?
The key to an eclectic look, surely? And also brilliant...
Would LOVE input to jazz up my home exterior
Hey I would love some advice on how to increase curb...
Chair to go with dining table
I can't decide if this chair looks good with my trestle...
need guidance to ehance bedroom
I have clicked pictures from all dimensions need all...