Dinette table
spring5
I've been looking for a 48" round table with 4-6 chairs made out of maple or another nice strong wood? I know I can order canadel but a table that size with a 20" leaf is going to cost $3,400 for what I want! That's a lot! Anyone have any ideas for me or know where I can spend less? Help!
Susan Hayward Interiors
Riverside Furniture Coventry is lovely. The table can be found for about $1200. What is your design Style?
October 31, 2013 at 5:47PM     
spring5
Traditional for most part! In a rich brown wood of some sort! I liked this one by Bassett but its about 2500.00 with 4 chairs
October 31, 2013 at 7:21PM     
Susan Hayward Interiors
What is your budget and where are you from? I may be able to point you in the right direction of stores to go to. Also, check out wayfair.com. They may have something there!
November 1, 2013 at 5:36AM   
spring5
My budget is about 2500.00 max. I would like to pay less. Knowing this Bassett table is there and Canadel is an option is the high end of my budget. I want upolshtered chairs as well and I want the table to be able to expand from 48 to 68-72". I've been looking for so long. I really wanted a well made table that will last for many years. I might even have to turn to armish furniture but they take 12 weeks to make. Ugh. I really don't have time constraints though.
November 1, 2013 at 5:53AM   
spring5
Thanks for responding to me. Are you an interior designer? I live in the Chicagoland area.
November 1, 2013 at 5:54AM   
Susan Hayward Interiors
Yes, I am. I am in the Boston area. Let me check a few vendors and see if I can find something that may work for you.
November 1, 2013 at 5:57AM   
spring5
Thanks for telling me about that website. I found some really nice tables. I wish I can sit in the chairs, but oh well.
November 1, 2013 at 6:13AM   
Susan Hayward Interiors
A couple of suggestions...take a chair that you like as far as size (length, width, height,depth) and use that as a comparison when shopping online. Pictures can be very deceiving! Also, make sure to look at construction materials. It will most likely not be solid wood in the price point you are looking. There are some nice veneers so don't be discouraged. Also, make sure to check if it will come assembled or in boxes and if it will be an inside delivery or if you will need someone to get it off the truck! Hope this is all helpful info. Good luck! Let me know what you pick out!!
November 1, 2013 at 7:17AM     
spring5
I ended up buying the canadel table and chairs BUT I found a furniture store that ships for free, is lower in taxes and had a 10% off canadel promotion going on so the table was $2400.00! I can't wait to get it! Thx for your help!
November 7, 2013 at 5:55AM     
Susan Hayward Interiors
Beautiful!! Enjoy!!
November 7, 2013 at 5:59AM   
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Need advice for my space
This is a apartment so there are limitation when it...
No natural light in kitchen
Any suggestions in what kind of updates I can do to...
Need help with architecture of house
Is this Edwardian? Anyone know? Thanks a bunch!
Bookcases
I wanted to install custom made bookcases to fit either...