Color to upholster chairs
landrey
We have new Venetian gold granite and I would like to upholster the bar stool seats but don't have any ideas for a good accent color.
Teal or turquoise would look good in your kitchen, but it really depends on what colors you have nearby.
October 31, 2013 at 6:37pm     
cmaher421
i think any color would match your decor in the kitchen..i would just go with your favorite color or whatever color makes you happy when you look at it :) Here is an example of someone using an odd color but it looks awesome ...Contemporary Living Room by Los Angeles Interior Designers & Decorators Emily Ruddo
October 31, 2013 at 6:46pm   
Agreed, most colors would work with the kitchen scheme you have there. Here is one idea as a fabric choice.

October 31, 2013 at 6:59pm     
gloriaskdesigns
What a beautiful kitchen. The colors are warm and neutral. I agree with the comment by cmaher421 you could use almost any color. I would consider something with a print or pattern that pulls the colors from the rest of your house. Just keep the colors warm vs cool. I also think teal is a great choice.
October 31, 2013 at 7:03pm     
landrey
I was leaning toward an orange/yellow until now. We have a lot of blue in the house but no teal. I love the grey patterned pillow, that's a great idea.
October 31, 2013 at 7:15pm   
dclostboy
I love a chocolate mohair
October 31, 2013 at 7:17pm   
touchadream
The room needs some bright accents, fruit, plants, food, color! What colors are in the adjoining room? What colors do you love? These little seats can be reupholstered so easily--go for something bright--you can always redo them.
October 31, 2013 at 7:21pm   
touchadream
Orange/yellow would be great!
October 31, 2013 at 7:21pm   
gloriaskdesigns
Hi your kitchen seems to have an almost yellow undertone. More yellow would seem like more of the same.
October 31, 2013 at 7:23pm     
A silver gray…bright…like the stainless.

October 31, 2013 at 7:29pm     
Here is an orange/yellow in a Sunbrella fabric that should wear well;)

October 31, 2013 at 7:29pm     
October 31, 2013 at 7:33pm     
Kathryn Peltier Design
I would go with a graphic pattern with primarily one accent color. I think you can go with virtually any colorway.

Warm tones: http://www.fabricguru.com/p-medallion-upholstery/end-geo-fret-fabric-spice

Red/raspberry http://www.fabricguru.com/p-fabric-by-the-yard/hamilton-flair-damask-upholstery-raspberry

Blues (to pull in the rest of the house) http://www.fabricguru.com/p-retro-contemporary-wovens/tapestry-upholstery-fabric-blue

This one is quite nice - more subtle color but I think it would work nicely http://www.fabricguru.com/p-retro-contemporary-wovens/end-tapestry-upholstery-fabric-chocolate

Orange http://www.fabricguru.com/p-retro-contemporary-wovens/bingo-tapestry-upholstery-fabric-mandarin

A suzani/ikat pattern would work (this is a drapery fabric, but just for concept) http://www.fabricguru.com/p-fabric-by-the-yard/printed-linen-blend-drapery-hearth-2
October 31, 2013 at 7:44pm     
qhayes11
Trust me, go with a dove white
October 31, 2013 at 9:10pm     
qhayes11
Do this, on HOUZZ type in white pendant lights with white bar stools and see how beautiful it looks
October 31, 2013 at 9:13pm     
landrey
How do you protect white fabric from small children? So pretty
November 1, 2013 at 4:29am   
A faux leather would be very practical, and pretty too. Faux leathers have gotten quite interesting with things like white alligator, lime green patent leather, turquoise, etc.
November 1, 2013 at 5:27am     
cmaher421
love the Mann Memory Swivel Bar stool (there is something about the color blue with stainless steel) it would look great! Then I would add some green in the kitchen... maybe two tall Topiaries on either side of the window..and a matching stripe roman curtain..Pottery Barn has beautiful ones as an inspiration!
November 3, 2013 at 6:08am     
cmaher421
also add even more color with a kitchen runner, it would also warm up the kitchen.
November 3, 2013 at 6:10am     
landrey
Thank you! I love these. I think I'm leaning towards blue, to introduce a little color and I'm a little afraid of white with the kids. Thanks so much Michelle for these pictures. I agree about the green and the window treatment...It needs something
November 5, 2013 at 12:37pm   
G-Town Tex
Lovely kitchen.
Did I spot a few small planter pots (for herbs?) on the window sill?
Use those same colors on the stools?
November 5, 2013 at 12:39pm     
Judiwithani
Would use something bright with pattern. Can't quite make out colors in your granite. Great floor. Would use fabric that can be wiped down.
November 22, 2013 at 6:00pm     
Mirrored Powder Room
The previous owner put floor to ceiling mirror in the...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
How should we paint our front porch ceiling?
Hi, I am an avid Houzz browser and absolutely love...
Should the backsplash in this kitchen go all the way up to the ceiling
Planning our tile budget and wondering if we need to...
Which rug should I use here?
1 2 3 or leave the existing one or none?