What type of carpet to pick?
kustombuilt
My wife and I are replacing the carpet in our master bedroom. It's a large room, 12' x 32', fairly high traffic area also because there is a bonus room adjacent to it. We are wondering if it is worth the extra money for nylon over polyester? We were told at one place that we shouldn't even pay attention to the warranties these companies put on there product because most likely after a few years they won't back it up anyway. Any advice would be appreciated!
I can't say a specific brand, but I do know that get the best quality pad you can afford. Actually, the best quality carpet as well.
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 7:54PM
Can I ask you what company the lower sample board is from? It looks like the Shaw carpet I put in my sunroom. Looks like the Great Room Pattern. I have it in the Nature color (sage green) . I believe it is nylon. I have had it almost 8 years now and still looks great. I would like this in a bedroom. Easy to vac and always looks good ;)
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 7:58PM
Kathryn Peltier Design
Nylon is usually considered, overall, a superior product to polyester. However, some of the newer polyesters are very good. In a bedroom, normally polyester would be fine. Since you say that this is a rather high-traffic area, however, the main thing that you will want to take into consideration is the construction in conjunction with the fiber choice. A good polyester will be better than a cheap nylon. Polyester typically doesn't have as good a crush resistance as nylon, but that might not be an issue at all in a bedroom, since you will probably not move furniture around. Be sure to take a look at the ratings on the back of the samples. Here is a good resource for evaluating carpet and some of the particular factors for which you should be looking: http://www.carpetbuyershandbook.com/carpet-basics/construction-fibers/pile-fibers.php
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 8:17PM
kustombuilt
Margo, sorry I'm not sure what brand it is . The color name is "cordial".
0 Likes   October 31, 2013 at 9:00PM
does anyone hate hardwood floors in their kitchen?
Trying to decide if hardwood kitchen floors will be...
Need ideas to harmonize design with new tufted bed and Ikea dressers
We currently have Ikea Malm dressers, a 6-drawer and...
Updating curb appeal...adding cottage charm?
We are looking to add curb appeal and charm to our...
Fireplace Make Over - where to begin?
I painted our family room which used to be the color...
What sheen should I use on kitchen cabinets?
It will be gray base cabinets and white top cabinets....