New front entry door
carrielawnd
We are in the process of shopping for a new entry door. Our current window above the door rotted without our knowing it, and eventually leaked into the frame around the current door. Everything is very rotten now. (it happened slowly over time, and we didn't put it together that it was actually the window that was causing the problems until it was too late.) So now we are in need of a new front entry door and thought it might be time to update the look and go with something with a little more character. We live in Fargo, ND so climate is a bit of a challenge, we really believe in having a storm door for weather protection as well as extra ventilation in the summer. I also think it is more inviting when having people over, being able to leave the big door open while not inviting mosquitos. With that being said, my question is this; is there any point to having a pretty new door if it's going to have a storm door in front of it, (we've been looking at wood-look fiberglass, but have thought about other colors as well, but I'm not good at visualizing with my current siding and brick colors.) and if so, any suggestions, the trim on the house is white. Or should we just stick to a more traditional white door and try to do something interesting with the amount of glass and design of the sidelights. The entry looks into our living/family room, so privacy is something to consider, I'm not sure that I want full clear glass. Also, since the window above the door has to go, as well, maybe there is a different look that might be more appealing. Any suggestions or different ways to look at possibilities would be appreciated! Thanks.
carrielawnd
About the pictures, the first is an older but better picture from outside, we put in a front patio this summer, but that picture isn't quite as crisp.
October 31, 2013 at 8:57pm   
I do not like storm doors. I would put in a fiberglass or steel door. I would get a phantom screen installed.
October 31, 2013 at 9:00pm      Thanked by carrielawnd
Sue Geddes
Just an idea. The colour may work as well. Not sure if you would want to change the top window to an arch or not. I think it would look good.
October 31, 2013 at 9:14pm      Thanked by carrielawnd
Ideas Please On Staircase
Contemporary home with staircase that's too rustic...
Need help with new master bath
I have a wall between the tub and the shower and just...
Help me find a paint match to this ikea sivik gray couch
I'm looking for a gray paint that would match (not...
Need ideas for a modern style front porch/seating area.
My wife and I recently purchased our first home!!!!!...
Please help me tie my room together!
Hi everyone! I've been decorating my living room and...