Amy Gignac
January 2, 2012 in Photo Questions
in this particular kitch. design (Smith & Vansant)- what are the rest of the appliances color/material? I see that the oven is black and stinless, walls are very pale & counters too. So did the do all stainless. I have that dilemma- trying to determine what appliance pallette to go with or can you mix and match? My kitchen is small so all black is too heavy.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Many people mix and match appliances black or white or stainless. I do not like the mix and match look. I say stick with all black or all white or all stainless. I have all black. I think all stainless is a better look, though and I regret my choice.
January 3, 2012 at 2:09am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
I love this stove and would never have thought about the mixing. Glad I saw this. Probably out of my range $. hehe
May 9, 2012 at 7:04am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
I really wish I could find a sink like this! So far no luck. This is my favorite kitchen on Houzz. We will have a similar layout in our new kitchen.
May 28, 2013 at 7:51pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Have you looked at the Kohler Brockway sink line? There are several photos on Houzz.
May 29, 2013 at 1:39pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo

Have you seen this sink?

I'm in NH also ... Near Smith and their work!
July 7, 2013 at 1:25pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Is there a dishwasher?
August 16, 2013 at 1:21pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Unfortunately, the Brockway comes with holes already drilled for a specific kind of faucet - one with two holes, one above the other just about 2" apart. In the 36" version you get two sets of holes for two faucets, in the 48" and 60" sinks you may have a choice of two or three faucets. There is also a hole for a soap dish between each faucet. It is designed as a utility sink, or more as an institutional bathroom sink. Even though the lines of the sink are very much like the sink in this kitchen, the holes for faucets and soap dishes make it unusable for a kitchen sink.

I don't know if if a bridge faucet could be found of the right size to make use of the existing top holes or if porcelain "plugs" could be used to cover up unused holes, or if they would be water tight.

The sink that nking43 posted is a new reproduction that you can buy. There are also sellers of antiques sinks to be found and ways to re-do the porcelain.
September 5, 2013 at 1:21pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Thanks for the information!!!
September 5, 2013 at 1:34pm   
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Do I use these chairs?
I have a completely empty dining room - I had been...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...
Help!!!! What length drapes?
I will be moving into this house next month. This photo...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
What to put on this wall?
I am wondering what to put on the white wall to the...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™