Indoor pool conversion
Tony Aimer
This is my first post on houzz so guidance is welcome. I am converting an existing swimming pool into an indoor pool adjacent to my new workshop. Two sides are brick walls and two sides are done in
brick and/or steel framing to take aluminium windows and sliding doors. A barrel vault will span over the whole area. It is 44' x 24'. The surround of the pool will be a light grey non slip tile plus astro turf down the wider side for a sitting area. The pool will have royal blue mosiacs and be re-marbelited with a sky blue marbelite. I am wondering what colour the walls could be painted because white is a bit bland.
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
White can actually look very nice ..........I have attached some images............

I also attached a photo of the indoor pool at Hearst Castle in Cambria California......I don't recommend something as ornate as this......

Keep it simple and add some plants in big pots for color............
November 1, 2013 at 1:57am      Thanked by Tony Aimer
November 1, 2013 at 5:40am      Thanked by Tony Aimer
EasyTurf
When looking for artificial turf, I encourage you to do your homework as not all synthetic grass is created equal. What part of the country are you in? I'm sure we have an authorized dealer in your are who would come out and show you samples of EasyTurf - check us out at www.easyturf.com, and let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers!
George

November 3, 2013 at 7:24pm      Thanked by Tony Aimer
Tony Aimer
Thanks George but I am in Johannesburg South Africa! I have identified a local supplier who has many different types of artificial grass and my wife and I are going to review all the specs.
November 3, 2013 at 7:34pm     
Tony Aimer
George et al

What do you think of doing astroturf all the way round the pool rather than tiling
the narrow sections? Tony
November 4, 2013 at 3:16am   
EasyTurf
I don't think we've made it to South Africa ... yet :)
Best of luck to you!
November 6, 2013 at 3:00pm   
VizX Design Studios, LLC
Do you have any plans of the project? A 3D design will really help you get an exact idea of what you are trying to do. It helps get the concepts of colors, materials, and location of everything from furniture to plant material.
November 6, 2013 at 3:16pm   
Tony Aimer
I don't have a 3D of this design at all at present. I use autocad 2D capability for my structural design work and i used strand 7 FEA for determining the deflection of the gutter that will carry the vault. I have not had time to look at the 3D capability of autocad or sketchup. I am learning inventor for my model aeroplane engines though. The architects i know are all too busy to take on this little project.
November 6, 2013 at 8:15pm   
VizX Design Studios, LLC
Tony if you have the file you can send it over to my office and we can take a look at it for you. Our business is based around 3d modeling design of the outdoor living and minor interior design. We have clients across the world. I would be happy to take a look at if for you.
November 6, 2013 at 8:34pm   
Is it much too red?
I wanted red and pink to be the main color of our place. I...
How do I make my staircase prettier?
Since we moved into our home 7 months ago, I've been...
What kind of vent hood would you put here?
It's me again. :) i can't decide if i want to put...
Want to do a kitchen remodel.
Newly divorced and moving at the end of the month and...