Looking for color to soften green in master bedroom
kimeli7
master bdrm walls are artichoke green (SW), and a lighter shade around border. Square in middle is Martha Stewart ground coffee metallic paint. I would like to make this bedroom less "man cave" and a little more soft/feminine to room. Looking for bedspread, comforter, coverlet color also. Any ideas for light fixture? Thank you in advance for the help:)
Whispar Design
Have you looked at chandeliers as an option for lighting to soften up the room? Crystal would help throw some nice light around the room. What is your ceiling height? With or wihout shades per your taste.
Another option might be to consider wall sconces to frame the headboard. This would also free up space on the nightstands. Swing-arm wall sconces is anotehr option to free up space and give some flexibility for better reading/task lighting Duchess Glass Wall Sconce Elysburg Swing Arm Sconce Duchess Glass Chandelier
Princess 5-Light Chandelier
I would keep a lighter color combination for the duvet set - maybe something like this? CAMBRIA Duvet Set Resort Duvet Set
November 1, 2013 at 8:14am   
The Remodeling Depot
Light blues have a great way of offsetting a too-strong green. I think powering down those browns and adding in very light blues and whites would really open that space.
November 1, 2013 at 8:27am   
I would introduce more but subtle colors, this is so pleasing to the eye;) rest arrow on pic to enlarge.
Adriana Organic Duvet Cover
CandleAria Dakota 9 Light Ring Chandelier by Justice Design Group
November 1, 2013 at 8:32am   
The Remodeling Depot
the duvet is deny designs at wayfair.com and the light is canarm's quincy. looks like your style is a bit mission or similar...
November 1, 2013 at 8:32am   
memes330
I would repaint the room in the same color, but half the intensity. It is probably the most economical solution. And I would definitely lose the brown on the ceiling. Try using "Snow Pine" Behr 1050 on ceiling. It pushes the ceiling up up up.
November 1, 2013 at 8:41am     
mefor
Could you paint the trim white? It would really open up the room. :)
November 1, 2013 at 8:44am     
LOL I would definitely keep the brown ceiling;)
November 1, 2013 at 8:45am   
PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
The colors in this room are all very lodge-y, especially when combined with stained wood trim. Barring any paint or furniture changes, the difference you can make with accessories alone will be limited. But you could certainly start with that and see if it gets you where you want to be. My standard advice: nothing else dark, or brown. Probably a solid comforter and bring in color through accent pillows and art. A muted turquoise, coral or plum are some hues that might blend with Artichoke and make it feel a little less masculine. Change the bedside lamps to something with color or shine or both. No more iron. A couple suggestions attached. I would also add some sheers or light panels to soften the windows - use a wideset rod so they can be pulled entirely open when desired for your beautiful view.
November 1, 2013 at 8:50am   
mcbriec
I think your room is beautiful and love the ceiling. However, as others have noted, the dark shade of the green combined with the wood moulding is making it feel a bit heavy. I realize this is not an easy suggestion, but if you want to make the room feel airier, I would change the paint to a softer green. You'll still be in the same color palette but with a softer green you have many more pleasing "feminine"combinations available than with the darker green. (I'm one of those people who likes mixing colors in the same value, i.e., soft with soft, bold with bold,)
November 1, 2013 at 9:21am   
Debp
Have a look at Benjamin Moore Anjou Pear and Liliana CSP85
November 1, 2013 at 10:18am   
Try Ben Moore bali with the artichoke.
Bali 702 Paint
Polished Nickel / Black Pearl Shell Lamp

3 Euro shams in a pretty fabric with matching dust ruffle will soften the look of the bed, too. Prop two on the back and one in the front.
Nico Euro Sham
November 1, 2013 at 10:26am   
anne dee
Light colour bedding as seen in the refereCharlotte Prindle pic
Oakland Hills Mansion
star fixture with bronze metal (pic shows black)
Wharf House
November 1, 2013 at 10:31am   
caterfran
Love the sconce idea. Used them 2 and 3 houses ago in foyer and dining room. Them forgot about them. Great for the bedroom.
November 2, 2013 at 8:39am   
indianpatti
Would you consider a new upholstered headboard? The large wooden one is very masculine ...

Upholstered headboard .. chandelier .. white bedding
November 2, 2013 at 8:49am   
How to soften the look of a tile accent wall in a bedroom?
To tie our master bedroom in to our newly redone master...
Light Green Master Bedroom Color
We are remodelling our bedroom, which is currently...
Paint color help (master bedroom with outdated green carpet)
I am trying to freshen up my master bedroom. My big...
Looking for paint color for master bedroom.
I am wondering what this paint color is?
Need help with roof and shutter colors
Hi, Our house's color scheme is definitely NOT my...
Foyer shelf - what to put in this space?
This is a photo taken from the 2nd story of my 2 story...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
high gloss ceilings
I have not had experience with high gloss ceilings....