lilly3003
January 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
I currently have a traditional kitchen with white cupboards, bronze nobs, and brown countertops. the paint is tuscany looking and the appliances are all white too. I am replacing the white stove and white microwave above stove. Can I go with stainless stove and microwave and keep white dishwasher and fridge or should I go with white stove, etc? should I change nobs to brushed nickle if I go with stainless stove?
TanCalGal
Stick with the bronze knobs and all white appliances. Add up all the money you saved by not changing everything to stainless and changing knobs and put it in the bank for a rainy day.
January 3, 2012 at 12:23pm   
lilly3003
thanks, would it look wierd to do the stove and micro wave in stainless and leave the others white? I am converting from electric to gas so will have grates / burners on the top (that is why even a consideration to stainless)
January 3, 2012 at 12:44pm   
Chandani
Can you post a picture of your kitchen? Sometimes, the answer depends on the context. I think you could potentially do the stove and microwave in stainless and keep the fridge and dishwasher white if your cabinetry is white. You could also "reface" the fridge doors and dishwasher doors. Do a quick search on fridge/dishwasher door covers. See link: http://www.hgtv.com/kitchens/a-facelift-for-the-fridge/index.html
Knobs don't have to be expensive. I bought pulls for our en suite at Home Depot and they look great. Lee Valley Tools is also a great place.
January 3, 2012 at 1:25pm   
Stainless looks nice But what a pain to keep up - it will drive you crazy and the trend is now turning back to white. And the new white enamels looks great but are very costly. New handles are always a good way to update. A few pictures would give us a better idea of what your kitchen looks like to give better comments .
January 3, 2012 at 4:11pm   
Help my kitchen go glam contemporary!
What do you think will make that happen? I'm thinking...
Curb appeal -- how can I get some?!
What would you do to give this house curb appeal??...
How do you accessorise your bed?
Some people love piling on cushions on their beds,...
How to salvage something from this bedroom on a budget?
OK - so first off I know how awful this bedroom looks,...
Kitchen cabinet advice needed
I just bought this house and my struggle is with the...