Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beccaoco

beccaoco
12 years ago
what is the floor? concrete? can you do a concrete floor if you are not buliding a house/room from scratch? can you pour concrete into an existing bathroom floor?
Audrey Matlock Architect · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    VC Studio Inc.
    11 years ago
    I'm new to this site or I would have answered this 6 months ago:) Since that bathtub looks to be concrete then this floor is probably a concrete slab on grade. If you have an existing wood framed floor (not a concrete slab) you can still get a concrete floor. There are many options for SLUs (self leveling underlayments). The pricier ones can be a wear layer and can go down as thin as 1/4". Less expensive options need at least 3/4" minimum. These would also need to be covered with a micro topping to provide a wear layer. The micro topping is a thin layer of concrete (avg 1/16" - 1/8") that can have the texture of a smooth hard troweled slab to heavy slate. Micro toppings can receive the same acid or water based stains and dyes that a slab would take. Since many manufacturers offer a white base, the color options are almost limitless.
  • ninack
    10 years ago
    Can you say who made the sinks?
  • PRO
    VC Studio Inc.
    10 years ago
    Hello ninack,

The original post is about two years old so you may not get a response from the architect.

Depending on where you live you can probably find a concrete fabricator in your region.

If not, most shops, including ours, are willing to ship anywhere.

Be aware that not all concrete is of the same quality. Make sure you work with a fabricator that is knowledgeable and experienced.

If you would like to order a concrete sink or just have questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
    Vincent Cathcart
    VC Studio Inc.
    vince@vcstudioinc.com