Help Choosing Sideboard/Buffet Table
kac026
Hey guys! I need help choosing a sideboard/buffet table for my narrow dining room. I recently purchased these six chairs and I have a simple dark brown table with a greyish-colored stone top that will soon be delivered. However, I cannot figure out where to store my china. I like the ones in the photos below but I don't know if they will clash. What do you think?
kac026
Here are the sideboard/buffet tables I was referring to earlier:

Heather Garrett Design

westmorland cabinet
November 2, 2013 at 6:19pm   
kac026
Eclectic Buffets And Sideboards by Oklahoma City Architects & Designers BELLA VICI & haute + box
November 2, 2013 at 6:22pm   
I really don't think you have enough room for a buffet from what the photo's show. How much room do you have once you pull the chair out like someone would be sitting in it?
November 2, 2013 at 6:23pm     
kac026
Try this
November 2, 2013 at 6:23pm   
kac026
Margo, you're right. Since the room is so narrow I was thinking about putting the sideboard/buffet table on the right side of the room (see the picture with deeper corner).
November 2, 2013 at 6:25pm   
I see, what is the clearance with the chair pulled out and will there be any issue with the door?
November 2, 2013 at 6:28pm   
These side boards are beautiful;)
November 2, 2013 at 6:28pm   
chookchook2
Get Eco disposable plates and put a big fish tank instead. Dining room eating can be so boring!
November 2, 2013 at 6:30pm   
heather_11
I would wait until you got the table. Then you will know exactly how much room you have. Your choices are lovely
November 2, 2013 at 6:30pm   
studio10001
Both are attractive, and Margo has a good point; this comes down to dimensions. Tape out your table, allow 42" around, and if there is still room, go for whichever you like. Happy Houzzing.
November 2, 2013 at 6:36pm     
kcar66
Have you thought about a built-in in the space you have?? You could then make it just wide enough to put your china, but yet still kinda hug the wall. I think an oversized piece of artwork on the long wall would be fab!!
November 2, 2013 at 6:42pm     
printesa
It's a bit difficult to see the overall size of the room. From the photos, it seems that you would have enough space in that nook to have a cabinet. That would have to have the same depth as the nook itself (no larger than that). Another thing is the chandelier...it seems to be off-centered...centered relative to the widest part of your room, which is from the nook wall to the opposite wall (hope that makes sense). If that is the case, you might want to re-center that chandelier. If you want to have some kind of cabinet in that nook, you do need to move the table a bit more towards that long wall.
November 2, 2013 at 7:06pm     
momthedesigner
Also make sure you lower the chandelier, it's way too high. :) Hanging it 30 to 36 inches above the dining table is ideal!
November 2, 2013 at 7:31pm     
Does anyone have a sink facing a wall?
Planning a new build. Don't want anything on my island...
Help with better use of space in my very long living room
I would like to the room to feel more spacious . We...
What vanity?
I need a vanity 34 " wide vanity. Is there a company...