Front yard needs serious help!

AmberNovember 3, 2013
We recently moved into this ranch and the front yard needs lots of work. I need suggestions on what I can do with a small budget but make it look modern.
fashionfiesta370
Add some bushes,flower pots,plant some grass, and plat a few trees with flowers
    Bookmark   November 3, 2013 at 12:01PM
lexmex1262
Not sure what zone or state you live in, so difficult to give plant selection advise. However, some basic tips would be to consider how your plan will look for each season. So, consider some evergreens along your foundation, a few flowering plants for the spring and summer and then plants for the fall. Try to mass plant using at least three of the same and if more continue with odd of 5,7,9 etc. I recommend using a taller specimen plant on the end corner and again on each side of entrance, right of double window and another of the same plant in the corner of driveway. You want to avoid a toy soldier appearance and the specimen plants should have more height than your evergreens. I recommend just the evergreens to left of the entrance. To the right, stairstep with the evergreens in the back, floweing shrubs in midde, and perrienial/annual plants along the border. Another idea for the large bed would be a small ornamental tree in place of a few flowering shubs. Remember to plant between 6-9 different plant species including the tree and flowers and consider at least 3 different leaf textures (ex. boxwood, knockout roses, happy return daylily). With the cool blue shade of your home, I would suggest cool flower colors such as pinks, pale yellows, pale lavenders, etc. I would stick with black or brown mulch and stay away from the red. Make sure to plant with spacing to allow for maturity and also pay attention to water requitements and sun exposure. Good luck :)
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Amber    November 3, 2013 at 10:14PM
Need Help: Add Curb Appeal, Refresh the Front Yard
We just moved into a cute brick house that needs some...
tamalegirl55
Need Help with Front Yard Landscaping or Front Porch Design
How can I increase curb appeal? Do I need to alter...
Kris Miller
Need serious help with an unfinished fireplace remodel!
I hired someone who did not know what they were doing...
dayla329
Need help with front yard of narrow townhouse yard (shared with neighbour)
I would like a privacy fence with a courtyard inside....
elisabettaallen
Need serious help with curb appeal!
Our house looks like a duplex but it is not! The porch...
suzyscorner
living room dilemma
desperately looking for ideas to update this room....
jminer123
Need help for the window treatment in our living room
I moved into a mid-century house which has a living...
marialyssa
Living Room Design help needed!!
Now that our kitchen remodel is almost done, we'd like...
mamadubbs
Where should I put my refrigerator?
This is the plan for my new kitchen, I'm hesitating...
ppmoss
Wall decor ideas
My shelf is permanent so I need some suggestions on...
Melissa Gibson