Looking for a wine bar
jamieovlia
November 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am looking to add a wine bar/cabinet to this wall in my breakfast room. The wall is 6.5 feet long and it needs to be a shallow piece (less than 18 inches deep) because it is a main walkway. I have not been able to find anything that works. I also struggle with the color wood. There is so much dark wood already between the kitchen cabinets and table. I think it would be too matchy matchy. Thoughts? I was thinking of maybe having a custom built in cabinet option made in white to coordinate with the trim but I am worried that it will be too much any advise is greatly appreciated! The first picture is of the wall and the second picture is standing next to yew all showing where the kitchen is located and the dark cabinets.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
dclostboy
How about going with chrome?
November 3, 2013 at 5:09pm   
abbyjean
I think a custom built white one would be perfect in this room. Just what that space needs and the depth should not be a problem.
November 3, 2013 at 5:10pm   
Darzy
I think your kitchen island makes a fabulous wine bar! Great kitchen! I think the wall space there is saying..."I want art." I'd rather see a fabulous piece of art there and with a light shining on it would be extra special. This art is a tad large for you, but I would love something like this for you. :)

November 3, 2013 at 5:20pm   
Darzy
I just saw your other post regarding a rug in your dining area. This art above would look super between your windows. Then, the shelves and accessories you have between the windows moved to this wall. You have a beautiful home.
November 3, 2013 at 5:23pm   
PRO
Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
Hi J... I agree with abbyjean, and I'd personally like the dark wood repeated here. ...darker than this example, and not to the ceiling. Cheers! Mark
November 3, 2013 at 5:38pm   
PRO
Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
This one's only 18" deep in the middle
November 3, 2013 at 5:43pm