Looking for a wine bar
jamieovlia
I am looking to add a wine bar/cabinet to this wall in my breakfast room. The wall is 6.5 feet long and it needs to be a shallow piece (less than 18 inches deep) because it is a main walkway. I have not been able to find anything that works. I also struggle with the color wood. There is so much dark wood already between the kitchen cabinets and table. I think it would be too matchy matchy. Thoughts? I was thinking of maybe having a custom built in cabinet option made in white to coordinate with the trim but I am worried that it will be too much any advise is greatly appreciated! The first picture is of the wall and the second picture is standing next to yew all showing where the kitchen is located and the dark cabinets.
dclostboy
How about going with chrome?
November 3, 2013 at 5:09pm   
abbyjean
I think a custom built white one would be perfect in this room. Just what that space needs and the depth should not be a problem.
November 3, 2013 at 5:10pm   
I think your kitchen island makes a fabulous wine bar! Great kitchen! I think the wall space there is saying..."I want art." I'd rather see a fabulous piece of art there and with a light shining on it would be extra special. This art is a tad large for you, but I would love something like this for you. :)

November 3, 2013 at 5:20pm   
I just saw your other post regarding a rug in your dining area. This art above would look super between your windows. Then, the shelves and accessories you have between the windows moved to this wall. You have a beautiful home.
November 3, 2013 at 5:23pm   
Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
Hi J... I agree with abbyjean, and I'd personally like the dark wood repeated here. ...darker than this example, and not to the ceiling. Cheers! Mark
November 3, 2013 at 5:38pm   
Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
This one's only 18" deep in the middle
November 3, 2013 at 5:43pm   
Wine bar
Any idea where we can buy that?
Wine bar
I need an idea for a craftsman style wine rack
In general, should you splurge for a sink at your wine bar?
Is it just not enough bang for the buck or should I...
WINE BAR: DISGUISE/MASK/DECORATE
Our new house has a wine bar that is situated so that...
Lighting advice
Hi!! I just bought a small apartment with living and...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...
Lamp Style
I have a very large chandelier in my great room that...
Need backsplash suggestions
We are building a home and are doing our own backsplash....
Furniture Placement Help -- Thank You
We are building a new house and I need help with furniture...