barsto1831
January 4, 2012 in Photo Questions
I hate to sound stupid , but here goes- I love bedding and I change mine frequently (not cheap but what addictions are?) Duvets would be perfect and more cost effective for me, however I can't stand them. Does anybody know how to use a Duvet without the blanket inside ending up all bunched up at the bottom of the Duvet?
Morgan Spenla
Duvet clips! I think you get get them at BBB or Linens & Things... Duvets are so much more practical and there's such a great variety - including making your own :).
January 4, 2012 at 2:58pm   
barsto1831
Thank you so much Morgan! You have opened a whole new world for me! Thanks for the giggle of "making my own". I can't sew a button back onto a shirt, yet you have me making my own line of duvets. Believe me, I wish I could sew because I love looking at fabrics , however I have a condition that includes bad hand tremors so sewing just isn't in the cards. I can still shop though! Thanks for your time again! Barri
January 4, 2012 at 3:50pm   
Blue Desert Interiors
Barri,
We came across a product for inserts that are not down and does not bunch up. They are raw silk inserts made by White Loft They help alleviate the stress on the corners because it doesn't migrate like down would. They are also hypo-allergenic and washable. For someone who enjoys bedding products, it's a great line. I tested this product in my own home before recommending it to clients.
Mark L
http://www.whiteloftsilk.com/
January 4, 2012 at 4:04pm   
barsto1831
Thanks Mark! I don't use down because of allergies so those inserts sound perfect. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question so quickly.
Thanks again!
Barri
January 4, 2012 at 7:11pm     
Morgan Spenla
Hi Barri, your comment made me smile :). Iron on hem tape is just what you need! No sewing required and now you can make a duvet out of literally anything. Though I like to use two queen sized sheets :).
January 4, 2012 at 7:19pm     
Blue Desert Interiors
You gals have me beat, because I don't think I could even handle iron on hem tape!
Barri, If you're interested in the fills let me know. We could mail samples back and forth and then I could get you pricing on what you liked. I believe the website uses retail pricing.
January 4, 2012 at 8:43pm   
Lisa Ciobanu
On my daughters bed I used pony-tail bands on the corners (at the foot of the bed), then tied coordinating ribbon around it.

I am making notes of the silk inserts by White Loft and the hemp tape! :)
January 4, 2012 at 8:52pm   
barsto1831
Dear Lisa, Thank you for taking the time to share your idea. I agree,the silk inserts and hemp tape do sound very interesting. Learn something new everyday if we are lucky! Thanks again Lisa!
Barri
January 4, 2012 at 11:46pm   
Morgan Spenla
*hem tape, just for clarification :), it's tape that you iron between two pieces of fabric to create a hem (such as a curtain hem).
January 4, 2012 at 11:53pm   
suburbandecorista
How would the hem tape work when you want to take the duvet cover off to wash it?
January 4, 2012 at 11:58pm   
Morgan Spenla
Hem tape is awesome, to date it has not failed on me in the wash. I haven't tried it for a duvet cover and probably would opt for a traditional quick seam with my sewing machine, but for the non-sewers (word?) out there I highly recommend it if you'd like to make your own duvet. That stuff is strong :-) and meant to withhold washings (it's most common use is garments).
January 5, 2012 at 12:22am   
barsto1831
Hmmm, hemp tape sounded like there would be more fun involved, however I am glad you clarified it or I could have been detained at Michael's craft store for questioning. Thanks, Barri
January 5, 2012 at 12:40am     
Morgan Spenla
Oh a good chuckle :)
January 5, 2012 at 12:59am   
Lisa Ciobanu
I am LOLing also! I know what hem tape is... we called it witch stitchery when I was growing up. Magical stuff!! :D and yes, it would stand up in the wash.
January 5, 2012 at 8:35am   
akranz01
There are these little clips you can buy that anchor the blanket in the four corners
April 23, 2013 at 11:59am   
July 7, 2013 at 10:16pm   
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
What to pair (colour wise) with this artwork?
I have this artwork hanging above my couch in our living...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
Can Radiant Floors be Retro-Fitted
We need to replace all the flooring in our two-story...