Dining Room Paint Color
mcat29
I currently have BM Revere Pewter (absolutely love this color) in eggshell finish on hallway walls. Will it look tacky or bland if I do this color in a matte finish on my dining room walls? Should I go a bit darker? If so what color? THANK YOU in Advance!!
happyasaclam
I love my Revere Pewter in my dining room and kitchen. I wouldn't go flat unless you don't have any texture on those walls. I believe if you paint flat over texture, it looks like you have bumps on your wall. I also used Edgecomb in my den and half bath. It is lighter than the Revere Pewter - it was the lightest on that color strip, and I wish I hadn't gone that light. I would have used a darker gray in those rooms. As for which darker color to choose, you might have to go to the BM dealer and find out which colors are in the same "family" of Revere Pewter. I don't think you can depend on the BM color strips to stay in the same "family". I wish I could suggest a color for you as I would like to find one for myself!
November 4, 2013 at 9:21am        Thanked by mcat29
mcat29
@happyasaclam Thanks for info!! Hopefully someone can answer for both of us! I agree the edgecomb is too light....pretty color but not for what I want.. I have woodlawn blue in adjoining living room. So def something complimentary but neutral like revere pewter.....I actually thought and read that if your walls are not even and a bit bumpy, you should go with a matte finish bc it won't highlight the imperfections...hopefully a designer can comment amd shed light on this....
November 4, 2013 at 9:41am     
EB Interiors
Try bm la Paloma gray , warm gray tone
Or bm Ashley gray more brown gray
Both work with rp
November 4, 2013 at 10:05am        Thanked by mcat29
EB Interiors
Kendall charcoal and Chelsea gray are both beautiful charcoal gray colors that can accent revere pewter as well
November 4, 2013 at 10:19am        Thanked by mcat29
happyasaclam
I'm going to look at EB's suggestions since Revere Pewter is considered a gray-beigeish color. I agonized over Revere Pewter and I'm so glad I chose it but I wish I had gone with a darker color rather than Edgcomb. Thanks EB!
November 4, 2013 at 10:25am        Thanked by mcat29
mcat29
Thank you EB!
November 4, 2013 at 11:30am   
Does anyone know what the name of this stone is?
I love this façade, but don't know who makes it or...
Pool upgrade advice please
Pool area looks so old and tired! I do not like pebblecrete...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Need help with flooring for our new hill country contemporary home
We like handscaped wood floors but not sure about using...
How would you spend $10,000 in your garden?
If you had a windfall, where would your money go in...