Kitchen sink and front entry help
lmurray6
2 quick questions:
1: Does the front hallway need a runner?
2: We have a 27", main kitchen sink base cabinet. The sink is so tiny and doesn't work well with our family of 6. Does anyone know if it's possible to retro fit an apron front sink into the space? Do we have to remove the granite? Or can it be cut and polished on site?
THANKS!!
lmurray6
here's the other photo…
November 4, 2013 at 11:32am   
The sink cabinet itself is too small for an apron sink. A larger rug in front of the door, but a runner is optional.
November 4, 2013 at 11:46am   
caterfran
I like the runner idea. Ikea has them. Home depot. Don't get anything expensive. They get abused and/or you might get tired of it.
November 4, 2013 at 12:08pm   
yoboseiyo
if you can find a sink that will fit, and can build the supports, you can get it retrofitted.
but the cutting and polishing will be expensive and messy.
November 4, 2013 at 12:11pm   
Dressed Nest Interiors
As for a runner, the only reason would be if you had little ones who may slip and fall, or pets who could damage the floors in this high-traffic area. Otherwise, I say leave the beautiful floors exposed.
November 4, 2013 at 1:24pm   
Clever Storage by Kesseböhmer
I would be very hesitant about getting a larger sink put in there. I would think that most granite shops wouldn't want to do that job. It's messy at best, and would most likely result in the granite being broken, meaning you'd need to replace it. If a shop did agree to try it, they'd probably do it with no liability, meaning if they broke it you'd have to pay to replace it. Granite tops like that are cut on huge machinery in shops, they aren't meant to be cut in place like that. You could do it if it were Corian or solid surface, but not granite.
November 4, 2013 at 1:33pm   
Should I remove these cabinet doors?
We are painting the hardware in our kitchen this weekend...
French limestone fireplace
Hello everyone :) I need some help about the fireplace.......
Headboard Dilemma
I got a custom wood headboard from Etsy and not sure...
Need help with headboard design
Want to build/design a headboard that goes between...
Ugly bed dilemma
My in-laws gave us their old bed frame to use in our...