OUTSIDE STONE WORK
iloveittwo
IS THE PRODUCT, REAL STONE SYSTEMS DESIGNED TO BE APPLIED ON THE EXTERIOR IF YOUR HOME? IM GETTING DIFFERENT ANSWERS FROM THE CONTRACTOR VS THE SUPPLIER. THE CONTRACTOR SAYS HE'S BEEN TOLD THAT THE STONE ISN'T GOOD FOR ALL WEATHER ON THE OUTSIDE BC OF THE BONDING GLUE USED TO ADHERE THE NATURAL STONE BUT THE SUPPLIER DOESN'T AGREE. I NEED CLARITY BC I'VE ALREADY PURCHASED THE STONE.
Burton Ryan Designs
If its a veneer stone why wouldn't it be? It's like tile outside? No difference do it..
November 6, 2013 at 12:26AM     
sallywood1
I live in sydney australia and have the exact same on my house. The tiler just used normal tile adhesive ( i think, it mixes with water to a toothpaste type consistency) I did have the very last bottom tiles fall off but it looks as though the tile adhesive had gone a nit dry by the time they had gotten to that row. I just mixed up a. It more and stuck back on. Maybe just make sure to keep some off cuts just in case. I also used a spray sealer over mine. Looks great.
November 6, 2013 at 2:25AM     
iloveittwo
THANKS U ALL. IT'S A NATURAL STONE AND IT WILL BE APPLIED OVER MY EXISTING STONE WITH METAL OR WIRE MESH AND MORTAR. I BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE FINE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD NOT TO INSTALL IT DIRECTLY TO THE GROUND. SOME SPACE SHOULD BE LEFT BETWEEN MY PATIO FLOOR N THE STONE WORK TO PREVENT ANY ISSUES WITH EXPANSION. LOL SOMETHING LIKE THAT! I DO PLAN ON HAVING A SEALER APPLIED IT WAS SUGGESTED. NOW I JUST HAVE TO FIND A CONTRACTOR BEFORE IT GETS TO COLD. EVERYBODY IS TIED UP OR THE PRICES ARE EXTREMELY DIFFERENT. I HOPE I CAN GET IT DONE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. MY HOUSE IS REALLY SMALL I ONLY HAVE 90 SF OF STONE AND 24 SF OF COR CORNERS TO BE APPLIED. THEY DO HAVE TO BUILD UP AREAS TO MAKE EVERYTHING FLUSH FIRST.
November 6, 2013 at 5:54AM   
Burton Ryan Designs
I would contact a local plaster contractor or tile setting company the exterior plaster first to make everything even and then a tile setting concractor after. Good luck with your project..
November 7, 2013 at 7:45PM   
iloveittwo
OMGNS NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SPRING TO GET MY STONE WORK DONE BC ITS GETTING TO COLD OUT. UGGGH SMH
November 11, 2013 at 8:34AM   
dining room and living room
How to choose the size of a rug?
Kitchen with connected living room
We're currently in the process of remodeling our kitchen,...
Basement idea
Need ideas for space, tight budget. Drop ceiling going...
New sofa
I planning on re doing my living. I thought that I...
Need help with dining room
It's looking ok but the wow factor is still missing....