Ceiling color!!!!!
mandybeck
I've had people tell me to paint the ceiling bright white, same color as trim( which will be a creamy white, maybe dover white) or same color as walls? What would you do? Thanks!
BY Design Home Staging and Decorating
Have the ceiling paint mixed at 50% of the wall color. It will appear to be the same as the walls. If you use the same color as the walls, it will appear to be darker than walls. If you have crown molding, this will make it pop. Be careful with this for grays, though, as they can end up looking blue in the lighter shade if they are not a warm tone.
1 Like   November 5, 2013 at 8:07PM
Rockin' Fine Finish
There is many ways you can go it will depend on the style of the home . Vaulted ceilings or not that can make a difference
0 Likes   November 5, 2013 at 9:16PM
mandybeck
Most if my ceilings are 9 foot. The family room is at least 20 foot if not higher. Here's a pic! Thanks for sugestions!
0 Likes   November 5, 2013 at 9:26PM
deramin
White ceilings with colored walls makes it look like you forgot to paint the ceiling, and the contrast can make the ceiling feel lower (because your attention is drawn to the contrast. Most professionals use the 50% wall tint trick. If you have crown molding or picture molding this is especially pleasing (paint everything above the molding the same color). Personally, I like my walls and ceilings painted the same color because it feels more natural to me (and more traditional, and hides the fact that there are no level lines in this old house). There's no real rule, just personal taste.
0 Likes   November 5, 2013 at 11:42PM
PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
I'm not afraid to use white ceilings when the situation calls for it. I'm also OK with the wall color or some percentage of it being on the ceiling, assuming said wall color is not too dark. With 9' ceilings you can afford to use a little color. In your family room, for sure, you could afford to go darker than other areas if you wished. You might even want to darken the family room ceiling to help it feel more cozy.
0 Likes   November 6, 2013 at 12:04AM
Need help with new small bungalow layout
Hi everyone! I just bought my first home and I bought...
kmidghall
Please help us pull this dining room together?
This dining room has me stumped: it's got a doorway...
kedquist
Omg I just bought a couch and I want to return it but can't. Help me m
Room is across from kitchen at the entrance of the...
minnows
Family room with 2 (!!) focal points advisable???
My soon to be built 15'x20' family room with a 5' walkway...
marelar
Central pendants dilemma
Here's a very good example of our interior design approach...
VANGUARD development