In need of a backsplash pronto
1015robert
I have seen so many pictures and gone to so many stores, but cannot decide on anything. Please, please give your opinions
I have granite countertops
Emerson Brothers, LLC. Home Remodeling
Consider glass tiles that pull the colors from the cabinets and the granite. Below is a kitchen we did with very similar coloring to yours. Similar glass tile is available in many major home centers.
November 6, 2013 at 3:57pm     
1015robert
When doing a backsplash, do you do it all around the kitchen or only on one wall?
November 6, 2013 at 4:04pm     
leelee
I'm one of the few people that thinks a backsplash isn't always the right move. One thing I really do dislike is the 4" piece of granite counter on the wall like you have. With or without a backsplash added I don't like the 4" BS. So whatever you decide about BS consider removing the 4" granite.

Really need more pics of your stove area...stand back farther and take a picture of the whole wall, please.
November 6, 2013 at 4:06pm     
1015robert
Another look of my kitchen/stove area.
November 6, 2013 at 4:10pm   
1015robert
Another look
November 6, 2013 at 4:13pm     
leelee
Could you think about adding some colorful plates on wire plate hangers instead of a backsplash? Try something like these maybe even on plate stands.
November 6, 2013 at 4:20pm     
Emerson Brothers, LLC. Home Remodeling
The backsplash generally goes above all areas where there is countertop and cabinets above. However, there are some exceptions. Please note where we ended the tile in this kitchen.
November 6, 2013 at 4:23pm     
1015robert
I guess I need to show one more picture.
November 6, 2013 at 4:24pm     
Emerson Brothers, LLC. Home Remodeling
Do you have a picture of the sink wall and adjacent counter?
November 6, 2013 at 4:27pm     
1015robert
As requested
Another pic of my kitchen
November 6, 2013 at 4:33pm     
happyasaclam
Love the plates, leelee. I'm a fan of plates and platters on stands.
November 6, 2013 at 4:49pm     
1015robert
Emerson Bros
Please take a look at new pictures and comment. I moved to Fl from NJ a year ago.
Thanks for your help.
November 7, 2013 at 6:24am   
leelee
1015, you have a good example of why a backsplash isn't always a good thing. There's no place to stop it at the end of your cabinets near the bar. Don't think it looks right to just stop at the end of the cabinets and leave a strip of wall.
November 7, 2013 at 10:43am     
halfpint2
I don't think you need a backsplash. The room is beautiful as is!
November 7, 2013 at 10:50am     
dianahb
I think it looks good without a backsplash, too. I love the inspired idea of putting interesting plates on wire hangers. That could be really interesting.
November 7, 2013 at 10:56am     
frstcrystl
go with neutral colors with browns and slight tint of a bluish gray glass mosaic.
November 7, 2013 at 10:56am     
Emerson Brothers, LLC. Home Remodeling
I think you could carry the backsplash tile to the cabinet or to the end of the wall. It might be best to go to the end of the wall for a more continuous look. Good Luck!
November 12, 2013 at 5:03pm     
Rachel's Mosaics
This might be a nice match
November 14, 2013 at 8:15pm     
happyasaclam
Nice pick, Rachel's! Would you install it horizontally or vertically? I prefer horizontally, but I know vertically is popular also.
November 15, 2013 at 6:49am   
Rachel's Mosaics
Horizontal because the grains of the counter top, but to make it more interesting install vertically behind the microwave and range.
November 15, 2013 at 8:20am     
Sustainable Dwellings
Take into consideration the space. It is limited and busy because of the microwave and stove being so crowded... the stove back ( rather than a slide in) makes the backsplash need to be very simple.
November 15, 2013 at 8:33am     
1015robert
Rachel
Thanks for your suggestion, but you think that's a good match given the fact that the granite is of a "busy" color??
November 15, 2013 at 5:00pm   
Rachel's Mosaics
Yes I do because a busy counter and busy back splash will make you dizzy, lol
November 15, 2013 at 9:25pm     
Rachel's Mosaics
On a serious note, the counter is busy that's why I think a calm backslash is needed.
November 15, 2013 at 9:27pm     
rubyloves2shop
If you do a back splash I think 6 x 6 placed on a diagonal could be interesting. It would help connect the counter to the cabinets but end it shortly after or where the cabinets end. Be careful of something too small and repetitious it ends up looking busier. Something in neutral tan/beige or pewter tones would play up the cabinets or the stainless. Most tile companies will let you take a sample or just purchase one to test first to make sure.
November 15, 2013 at 11:35pm     
chookchook2
Put where there will be wet or heat. Choose something classic and neutral and you can set and forget. Some may tell you to choose tiles in fancy shapes like decahedrons but avoid extra grout.
November 16, 2013 at 1:19am     
dianahb
I still don't understand what's wrong with it the way it is now. I really like the color you have the wall painted, too. Looking at the kitchen, any backsplash you do will make it seem too busy. Leave it as is, and spend your money on something else.
November 16, 2013 at 7:04am     
happyasaclam
A tiles backsplash adds more texture and interest. It doesn't have to be so bright and colorful that it distracts from the cabinets or countertops.
November 16, 2013 at 7:29am     
1015robert
Thank you all.
It seems to me that the majority is ruling, no backsplash. Thanks for the positive comments about my "decorating" style. Love this site!!
November 16, 2013 at 8:24am   
mommickey
If you go with a solid glass backsplash one color in a subway tile or bigger size. Something like this and you can find a better price than this. It will compliment the counters not take away from them. You don't even need to do the whole wall. You can do an accent just behind the cooking area.
November 16, 2013 at 8:43am     
Window in Shower.
I am working on a remodel that we are fixing and selling,...
Need help with soft furnishings for a living and dining room!
Total amateur furnishing a house from scratch for the...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Should I sand?
Hi, I would like to use chalk paint or something else...
I need contractor or store that sell the solid glass backsplash
Redoing my kitchen. I am ready to buy but my GC is...