What's on top of your kitchen counter?
Jeannie Nguyen
November 6, 2013 in Other
Do you typically like to keep all your appliances out on your counters or do you like a neat surface in your kitchen?

Post photos and let us know what your kitchen countertops look like right now!

suzanne_m
I keep the least as possible: coffee maker, toaster oven and cutting board.
November 6, 2013 at 5:12pm     
suzanne_m
I forgot: a bowl of fruits and paper towels holder fixed under cabinet.
November 6, 2013 at 5:14pm     
chookchook2
I'm a great fan of countertop appliance cupboards with the roll front. Wish I had room.
November 6, 2013 at 5:29pm     
Kari D
Being that I only have 30" of countertop on either side of the sink (until the remodel) I keep it as clear as possible. Luckily, I have pantry to keep appliances, and a prep station with a butcher block to help with the lack of counter space. I sometimes put the butcher block on top of the stove if I need to.
November 6, 2013 at 5:43pm     
coconuts1234
I just finished cleaning up after dinner, you can see I like nothing on my counters lol! There is a candle, a toaster and my Bose SoundDock 10!
November 6, 2013 at 6:28pm        Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen
megclaffey
I have a toaster, a Keurig and a food processor. I use all of these things daily. I'd love one of those counters that had a roll down space to hide them... Or even better, as I've seen lately, a pantry with a counter and plugs in it! (Heck I'd love a pantry...)
November 6, 2013 at 6:39pm     
G-Town Tex
Coffee maker, kettle, Brita jug, and toaster. Too many things for my liking!
November 6, 2013 at 6:41pm     
solincia
Main counter is the toaster/convection oven and crock that holds the metal cooking utensils, butter dish, handsoap and purell, side counter is the coffee pot and four-slice toaster. I also have spoon rests by the coffee pot and by the stove.
November 6, 2013 at 6:47pm     
Jolene
Toaster oven, keurig, and vitamix. That's it.
November 6, 2013 at 7:02pm     
Liz Trimpin
I like things on my counter! I have an antique enamel bread box, wooden bowls, small unique cobalt pitcher with fresh parsley, small colorful ceramic crocks for garlic and salt, things that are useful, bright, practical and make me smile
November 6, 2013 at 7:11pm        Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen
Liz Trimpin
viva la countertop stuff!
November 6, 2013 at 7:16pm     
Design Connection, Inc
I don't like clutter or appliances on my counters I like to keep them clean., but my island is the catch all for everything my husband owns. It really drives me crazy. You wouldn't believe what is collecting there this evening. Help!
November 6, 2013 at 7:18pm     
Liz Trimpin
really, if you use it and love to use it, let it be...on the counter...handy
November 6, 2013 at 7:30pm        Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen
chookchook2
Reason I like my seperate kitchen, no through traffic. Storage at front door for all.
November 6, 2013 at 7:35pm     
My counter space is so limited that I keep the bare minimum on it. I do have a knife block, fruit bowl, coffee maker and a toaster. Oh...and my kitchen aid mixer is tucked into a little corner.
November 7, 2013 at 9:36am   
0825sam
We have a galley kitchen - on stove side I have butcher block and bowl of fruit. On sink side we have a little coffee station with our coffee maker on the counter under floating shelves. I am still in the baby bottle washing stage so I do need a dish rack next to my sink. And another bowl of veggies.
November 7, 2013 at 9:49am   
momof5x
Nice counter area. This is my new kitchen so far, I have a clay pot for flour ( not shown in this pic as recent addition). , spice containers, a plant. Not happy with some things out near sink but have yet to sort that out-may well post suggestion on here for help there.

I plan to get a kitchen island with extra storage. I have some blenders, a kettle, and other stuff but much of it is in cabinets. I store things in cabinets above or below where I want to use them for easy access. Utensils are in glass door areas, visual sight of them, no knives out as toddler around. On one side of the cooker I have a turn-table with cordiments, seasonings such as salt and peeper. an oven timer, olive oil. On the opposite side, I have the spice containers on counters but have more on racks within cabinets down besides cooker. The longer counter is left as work space for gadgets etc. when I need them. Microwave is fitted into cabinets.
November 7, 2013 at 10:58am        Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen
Studio NOO Design
Not much...kettle and toaster !
November 7, 2013 at 4:36pm     
mousemaker
now I know what happened to my old microwave :) Liz T :)
November 8, 2013 at 1:39pm     
mousemaker
I have large glass jars full of rice and lentils...I hate clutter :) I have a large bowl of fruit on the island and a toaster hiding by the fridge? and um..that's all I will confess to.
November 8, 2013 at 1:41pm     
Candace Bordelon
We recently redid our kitchen and now have a ton of counter space. However, I'm not much or appliances on the counter--coffee maker and my Kitchenaide mixer, which has a place of honor as I love to bake.
November 10, 2013 at 2:35am     
msmaggie38654
Clutter over takes me at every opportunity.
November 10, 2013 at 4:27am     
hammerhugger
I have a medium amount of things. I have a portable convection oven, a few jars of pasta, my knife block, toaster and coffee pot. That might sound like a lot but I have a lot of counter space.
November 10, 2013 at 6:24am     
Megan Hirsch
We have very limited space. I have a Nespresso and a regular coffee pot. Plus I found these hurricanes with a seagrass base for fruits and vegetables- that I love. I keep all of our large utensils in a crock by the stove. Simple and easy to clean.
November 10, 2013 at 6:38am     
luckylyn5
After living in small apartment and condo kitchens for years, with limited counterspace AND limited cupboard space, in my large new kitchen, I keep very little out. At the breakfast station between ovens and fridge, the toaster, keurig, and K-cup holder stay out. Other then that, a small pot of succulents for color (gift from realtor), standing paper towel holder, and stainless steel kettle on the cooktop.

I love my new appliance pantry and the built in plugs in the side of the end of the peninsula. Whenever I want to use a small appliance, and I have at least a dozen, it is only a few steps to move it from the appliance pantry to the counter (and back again when finished).

Here's a photo near the end of remodel - this is before we unpacked into the kitchen, but other than the things I mention above, there's very little difference now, almost 4 months later.
November 10, 2013 at 6:45am     
Greg Speicher
We like some clutter on our counters. The necessaries-coffee maker, toaster oven, spoon holders by the cooktop etc. Things you use every day should be close at hand. Convenience is the name of the game.
November 10, 2013 at 6:53am     
luckylyn5
Microwave is also kept in appliance pantry (we had a plug put in). We don't use it often, so I love that it is out of sight. This photo shows the pantry and how close it is to the peninsula. We had just started moving appliances in when the photo was taken - there are many more in it now.
November 10, 2013 at 6:53am     
Susan Tees
If I use it daily, it's on the counter. I can only lift appliances up and down from cupboard storage so many times!
November 10, 2013 at 7:07am     
chookchook2
That fridge story is cool, Mark
November 10, 2013 at 7:35am   
Michelle
Only a bowl of fruit or onions/ non refrigerated produce! And hand soap... That's it! We have the toaster and coffee maker tucked away and it makes the whole space look visually clean. moment we start cooking, we make a big mess on the counters but we can easily clean it up!
November 10, 2013 at 7:40am   
1001golf
Toaster oven, holder w/small white plates for snacks, 3 canister (cookies, coffee, rice), Monkey holding (oil, salt & timer) Italian pitcher w/spacula, etc., Red tray w/real fruit, vase w/real flowers lastly decorative items. Not too much so to enjoy the Natural Grains of Hard Surface Serpentine Counter Tops!
November 10, 2013 at 8:12am   
Julie Goodenough
My counters have the toaster, knife block, and paper towel holder and I keep a lot of spices, bottles of EVOO & vinegar, and a container with frequently used utensils next to the cooktop. I like to have them easily accessible when I'm cooking. All other small appliances are stored away. I recently remodeled so I finally have storage for small appliances that used to be on the counter simply because there was nowhere else to put them.
November 10, 2013 at 8:32am     
ddelongc
Well my husband does most of the cooking (yes I know I'm one of the lucky ones) but unfortunately he likes to keep everything at arm's reach. (That's the unlucky part of it). This attached photo is just one example. There is no point in adding cupboard space as he will just fill them up. So if you have cluttered kitchen counters this might make you feel better. :-)
November 10, 2013 at 8:35am     
rosebud3
Clutter, clutter, clutter. As soon as counters are bare something mysteriously appears. However, I do love the "lived in" look. The one thing not left on counters is food. My shepherd is a counter surfer, LOL.
November 10, 2013 at 8:38am     
Jill
I'm lucky to have a lot of lovely marble counter space. No appliances are out or dish drainer. But I do keep some pretty collectible items out. Flow Blue china platters, fresh flowers, bowl of fruit, jar with tea spoons, stainless tea kettle on stove top and an apothecary jar full of lemons for color. I vary the items with the holidays. Right now I have my fall items with candles, layered beans in glass and rust fall platters and hand towels.

I grew up in a house with over whelming clutter every where and vowed to do different in my home.
November 10, 2013 at 8:55am     
lonnie HARMS
I THINK MY DAUGHTER WROTE THE ABOVE COMMENT... I LOVE A CLEAN COUNTER TOP... AS SOON AS I GET IT NEARLY EMPTY OR BARE...I START BRINGING MY FAMOUS DECORATING TOUCHES IN AGAIN!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh ~~
November 10, 2013 at 9:59am     
Donna
I like clean counters, just some everyday items (block of knives, a few seasonings, paper towel holder & a counter top convection/toaster oven. I do like fresh flowers & some decorations, an old scale......I also have a coffee maker & some coffee & teas on my drink prep counter.
November 10, 2013 at 10:08am     
beesknees2260
We are normal. Bananas, pepsi and the mail.
November 10, 2013 at 10:16am     
kcurran913
I like keeping the counters as clutter free as possible, toaster, coffeemaker, utensil holder, paper towel holder, sugar, flour, granola...just makes clean-up so much easier. Parents have packed counter-tops, just not my thing. But I do love to have some decorative items...and I LOVE Liz Trimpin's enamel breadbox in the comments above.
November 10, 2013 at 10:42am     
Susan Bishop
My mother spent several weeks at my house when I had a medical problem and was forced into bed rest. After she went home, I had trouble finding many of my utensils and appliances. She'd stored them away to give me more counter space. Alas, the space she found for storage was the top shelf of my above-counter cabinets. The moral of the story is, you'll have more stuff on your counter tops and fewer things in your cabinets if you're 6 inches shorter than your mother.
November 10, 2013 at 11:01am     
sam0267
does anyone know where I can find one of the cutlery holders as shown in the above pic? thanks
November 10, 2013 at 11:47am   
Donna Allgaier-Lamberti
The less clutter the better for me. I do have a few special pieces on our granite counter, a one-of-a-kind pottery pitcher, a large bamboo bowl, a kitchen vintage scale. I opt for unique accent pieces that I've collected over the years I enjoy seeing and using.
November 10, 2013 at 12:28pm     
jboncaro
Well, I guess I'm in the minority here. Anything that I use regularly, or that's too heavy for me to move when I need it (I live alone) lives on my countertop.

Fortunately I have LOTS of counter space, which is inhabited by (left to right) cooktop, spoon rest, olive oil mister, k-cup tray in the corner, old-fashioned diner-type sugar container, keurig (then comes the double sink with the requisite window over it) vacuum sealer (how did we ever live without these?), antique butter dish (because I believe in using your beautiful things) toaster oven, countertop rotisserie in the corner, stand mixer, 13-piece Cutco utensil/knife set in butcher block, microwave. And I still have plenty of space for prep work, or a buffet-style dinner.

I should mention that I am deeply afraid of fire, having been in one years ago where a woman burned to death, so I keep all but the microwave unplugged when not in use. They say that helps to cut down a wee bit on your electric bill too, and who doesn't like to save money?
November 10, 2013 at 12:47pm     
Susan Bishop
sam0267 - My daughter and I found several styles at Pick 'n Save. We both ended up choosing chrome wire models. I love mine a lot and it freed up drawer space for my knives. I never liked having my eating utensils in the same drawer as my sharp knives but had extremely limited space in my last kitchen. Now that I have about 4 times as much storage space, I'll still keep my cutlery holder next to the sink because I really like it.
November 10, 2013 at 1:05pm   
sam0267
brilliant. thank u. will check it out now. hopef they will ship to the uk!
November 10, 2013 at 1:08pm   
mousemaker
oh jboncaro! how awful..i'm so sorry.
November 10, 2013 at 1:14pm   
jdd3612
Thanks to those who posted pix of their beautiful kitchens. My heroes are all of you who live in clutter-free kitchens. Mine isn't bad, but I couldn't bear, for example, to put away the Bunn coffeemaker every day. Keeping it company is a toaster, cutting boards, banana stand, and receptacles for extra change and pens/pencils/scissors.
November 10, 2013 at 1:15pm     
kroze
I love everyone's pics. They serve as inspirations to me and others.

I like a relatively clutter free counter, but I like to add my own decorating twist.
It all depends upon how much storage space we have to house the clutter! : )
November 10, 2013 at 1:47pm     
daylilydiva
I've collected colored and clear glass canisters (with ground glass lids/stoppers) for fifty years. I keep all my dry goods on the counter to keep me reminded of what's available for dinner. Next to the sink, I have the coffee maker, coffee mill and glass canister with whole beans in it. Next to the stove, I have two old crocks with the utensils I use regularly. On the other side of the stove I have my four-slice toaster, panini maker/grill, and knife block. Tucked away next to the fridge, I have my 45 year old Kitchenaid stand mixer and a large rack of spices. Since we're in Southern California, a coat closet doesn't get much use so my husband put shelves in there for large baking pans/large bowls/serving platters (I have several dish drainers which are excellent for storing these). I know I have too much of nearly everything but someone else can 'weed out' the excess when I go to that 'great big kitchen in the sky'...
November 10, 2013 at 1:59pm     
Dea
We have way, way too much junk on our counters, and not nearly enough counter space. If I had my way, the only thing on my counters would be the obligatory tissue box (major allergies in our family). But it's vintage enamel breadbox (which is BIGGER than a breadbox - LOL!), toaster, KitchenAid mixer, trivets, marble canister set, standing paper towel set, large flashlight (we have frequent power outages), and coffee maker. And this mess is often joined by dishes: dirty ones that haven't quite made it to the dishwasher yet, and clean ones on their way to the cupboards. We have a saying in our house -- Junk expands to occupy the space allotted for it. I aspire to an empty countertop, but I'm afraid I'll never achieve it.
November 10, 2013 at 2:35pm     
mousemaker
homes are to live in :)
November 10, 2013 at 2:39pm     
Susan Bishop
sam0267 - Alas, Pick 'n Save does not ship anywhere. However, I found a great many sources when I Googled "Counter top flatware caddy". http://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?_adv_prop=image&fr=goodsearch-yhsif&va=countertop+flatware+caddy
November 10, 2013 at 3:08pm     
patrice1484
We just extended our home, adding a dining kitchen downstairs. Despite moving from a galley kitchen to this larger Ushaped room, I still have the same clutter on my worktops. I store dry goods like flour and sugar in stoneware crocks collected from antique fairs. The toaster, juicer, kettle and microwave are used daily, so no point in storing them in a cupboard. Stonewear jars of utensils sit either side of the cooker, herbs and spices are on shelves close to hand while cooking and jars of pulses and pasta are on open shelves, giving colour to the room. The kitchen is where my husband and I like to cook, so what's the point of hiding everything in drawers and cupboards?
November 10, 2013 at 4:03pm     
locrian
Right now, as we're slowly settling in, the percolator, Keurig and coffee tree are on the counter by the breakfast bar.

The OTR microwave is sitting on top of the refrigerator drawers waiting to be hung. The WaterWise distiller is sitting on top of the counter-height refrigerator. Hopefully that will decide to migrate into the Butler's Pantry eventually.

The fluorescent bar lamp over the breakfast bar bit the dust a few days ago. I moved two decorative lamps over to the counters to help shed a little light on the subject.

Trying to keep everything organised while living in the middle of a destruction zone LoL Drywall dust, insulation fluff, and critter fuzz is not the most appetizing seasoning HaHa.
November 10, 2013 at 4:10pm     
gayle4479
Coffee Maker, toaster, fruit bowl, painting, and a rooster
November 10, 2013 at 6:24pm     
Kay Kitchens-Poindexter
I like a clean counter with electronic things out of sight. What I do have is the antique bowls, 1930s mixer, butter churn, and old canisters. You get the idea. Is it creepy to like doing things the old way just for the enjoyment of it?
November 10, 2013 at 6:28pm     
ddelongc
It's your home. You can do whatever you want. :-)
November 10, 2013 at 6:47pm     
ddelongc
Gayle, I also like roosters. Here is my rooster wine rack. (It also holds my daughter's water bottle!) :-)
November 10, 2013 at 6:59pm     
rubyloves2shop
Sure I like it clean and minimal stuff if I am taking a pic but in real life we need that stuff so hey a little bit of stuff is only natural if you are enjoying life instead of constantly cleaning!!
November 10, 2013 at 7:19pm     
bms0422
decorative liquid hand and dishwasher soap dispenser by sinks, toaster and coffee pot on either side of the stove, small planter on main counter along with fresh fruit bowl ( a living plant in every room is a must for me) and one small decorative item that ties in with the accent color in my kitchen. Sounds like a lot, but I have a good bit of counter space and these items keep it from looking overly bare. Oops. Forgot my stainless steel and glass salt and pepper mills.
November 10, 2013 at 7:48pm     
Luciana
Typically, not much - sugar canister, paper towel holders, cooking wine, toaster and coffee makers. If there's a last minute impromptu party though.....
November 11, 2013 at 3:56am     
meora
I have a cutting board, toaster, paper towel holder and my George Foreman grill!
November 11, 2013 at 7:33am   
Sondra Pilatti
love that plate holder, Any ideas on purchasing one?
November 11, 2013 at 7:45am   
tricianewman
We have our house for sale so not much is out in the open and even less when it is shown. Today, for a showing, the only things I'll leave out are my rooster, a bowl of 'real' fruit, standing paper towel holder, knife block, matching hen, electric can opener and the coffee maker. Oh, and a whimsical hen cookie jar. With this list, just imagine what I put out of sight. We have lots of counter space but I want to show off the granite counters, not the clutter.
November 11, 2013 at 11:22am     
mousemaker
where's Margo?? she would love the roosters!!
November 11, 2013 at 12:52pm   
cinnamon13
I have my mixer in a bottom cabinet sitting on a swing/spring loaded shelf. Easy to install and so much easier on my back. No heavy lifting! The shelf swings out to be level with the counter top The negative is that it does take up the whole narrow cabinet, but I am able to store the beaters and shield under the shelf. . I would not change it...love, love the convenience!
November 12, 2013 at 10:53am     
mefor
I have lots of "loved" items on my counters, I like to see a kitchen that's clean and lived in. I'm also lucky enough to have a ton of counter space and storage for appliances, except the breakfast corner of coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster and large antique cake box, two levels!!! That is my bread box.
November 12, 2013 at 11:08am   
mousemaker
ooohh cake!!! :)
November 12, 2013 at 12:42pm     
crystynarenee
I have my knife block on the prep counter. I have an open style kitchen/dining with shelving so everything I need is within reach or a few steps away. I have only bare essentials by preference so my shelves aren't cluttered. I have a row of glass vases with catkin branches that divide the area between my sink and eating bar if that counts as kitchen counter space. My utensils sit in glass vases on a shelf that rests on the stove back. As for everyday life, I have a counter that changes from clean to cluttered and back to clean several times an hour. I use it as my Command Central for projects, paperwork and unloading groceries throughout my waking hours.
November 13, 2013 at 12:54am     
sam0267
Susan bishop thanks for your help
November 13, 2013 at 11:08am   
mousemaker
Command Central. I love it!! crystynarenee!! I confess to the knife block and my ceramic bowl full of hotpads and several jars full of utensils (not like I don't have a drawer full too!!!)
but my command central? my spot on the sofa!!! :)
November 13, 2013 at 1:22pm     
lc29
One end of my kitchen counter ends up being my office. I need to find another place for it, but it's so convenient! What do people do with ripening fruit? Today I have 3 avocados, 3 small limes and 2 bananas ripening on my countertop, I always seem to have food on the counter waiting to be prepared, if I put it in the pantry I forget to use it!
November 13, 2013 at 6:59pm     
crystynarenee
Mousemaker, I like your command central, more comfy! If I used a couch I'd be nappin' on the job :) Oh wait, I do that in my recliners.
November 13, 2013 at 7:11pm     
lshaw274
Not much. Galley kitchen, so I have spices, container with spatulas, etc.
November 13, 2013 at 10:06pm     
I try to keep as much clutter stashed away ... the state of the kitchen in this picture is pretty accurate but it is not quite so clean and neat (but I don't usually have much more out)...
November 14, 2013 at 1:45am     
kroze
lc29, In the corner of my kitchen cabinet I have a large basket of artificial fruit. I always put my ripening real fruit into the same basket. It looks great and serves a good purpose.
November 14, 2013 at 5:20am     
kroze
lc29, here is a pic of my "mixed" fruit basket. The onions and apple are the real fruit in this pic but I normally have avocados and other fruit there also.
November 14, 2013 at 6:32am     
J.B.
jefting ...I'm also a marble counter owner and keep it at a clean sweep! It was not my choice; I moved into it. Marble can become your nemesis if you prefer 'spotless' and it was pricey to have it restored back to the shine. It has to be treated carefully (no harsh chemicals, ie: vinegar or lemon cleaners) and I have become an avid butcher-block cutting-board prep artist! I like my counters clutter free. I don't get why a toaster can't be unplugged and stored in a cupboard right below after use. All appliances are within reach below the spot I use them...and it's good exercise to bend at the knees! Knives in a holder, a few in season colors of flowers, fruit or veggies are my decor, and of course paper towels for quick wipe ups. With an open concept main floor (condo loft) I prefer seeing less mess which helps me relax.
November 14, 2013 at 7:29am     
kroze
Superb job J.B. !!
November 14, 2013 at 7:57am   
ddelongc
ic29, at the end of the week I make a smoothy with most of the leftover I have. Just add a cup of orange juice, some water and a little ice and voilà you have a nice breakfeast drink for the weekend.
November 14, 2013 at 8:37am   
J.B.
Thanks, kroze! BTW, I thought your colourful basket WAS all the real deal! Looks yummy!
November 14, 2013 at 7:19pm     
mousemaker
oh oh :) spices? I have two drawers full and a cupboard above, plus my stash :)
November 15, 2013 at 8:49am     
mefor
Gee whiz, mousy, don't tell everyone about your stash !!! ;D
November 15, 2013 at 9:02am     
mousemaker
well, you would have to know where to find it :)
November 15, 2013 at 12:56pm     
rosecafe
Kroze, that Chinese made Pineapple needs to be eaten...or thrown out. lol It reminded me of the pineapple we popped into the 'food hammock' on board in Honolulu, sailed it around Oahu and Molo kaii for two weeks, brought it back to our hotel, and finally tossed it in the bin three weeks after we bought it. A well traveled pineapple. Like yours. : )
December 2, 2013 at 5:56pm     
pattikee
Shown: Poinsettia, reindeer cookie jar, lazy Susan with evoo, salt, pepper, tomatoes and garlic, cutting board and toaster. Not shown: keys, phones and chargers, Christmas catalogs, pile of bills, dirty dinner dishes :)
December 2, 2013 at 6:20pm     
Leslie Savannah Designs
pattikee, I absolutely love the reindeer cookie jar! I want one...My counters are usually pretty spare with just the coffee maker, a bowl of fruit and a 125 year old flow blue salt crock. That said, I have roommates who insist on putting their phone, GPS, assorted chargers, keys, mail, bills etc. etc. on the counter. What's a girl to do???
December 2, 2013 at 7:12pm     
jacquipru
What is a Keurig?
December 2, 2013 at 7:28pm   
Leslie Savannah Designs
One of the single serving coffee makers.
December 2, 2013 at 8:18pm     
kroze
Pattikee, that is a gorgeous range!
December 3, 2013 at 4:21am   
cinnamon13
I have two of these Keurigs and could not live without them! I set up a "coffee or tea station" for any Holiday gatherings or just anytime I have overnight visitors. They can make their own coffee or tea one cup at a time!
December 3, 2013 at 4:42am     
kroze
You are definitely the hostess with the mostess! : )
December 3, 2013 at 4:44am   
cinnamon13
As you can see above, I set up a moving cart and place the coffee or tea station somewhere other than in the middle of the kitchen, leaving me room to do whatever tasks I need to be doing. My guests have plenty of choices as to different flavors on the rotational single coffee/tea holder. I have more pictures on my website: www.meandmycaptain.com ....if you would like to see them.
December 3, 2013 at 4:48am     
kroze
I went to your website but quickly exited!!! It was too tempting.... and I am dieting! : /

I can't fathom doing that much detailed food preparation. I suppose it is an art form for you. Congratulations on a great website.
December 3, 2013 at 4:53am   
cinnamon13
thanks! but if you go to "Confessions - over the hedge" you can see comments on everyday life and most comments are not about food. Please look at the Pool Boy post1 :)
December 3, 2013 at 5:00am   
Teresa S-j
I have 40 inches of counter space--and no pantry. I am drooling over all the clean counters. I have 12 inches to the right or my stove with all of my spices, oils, cooking wine and vinegars arranged in rows by height and usage. My most valued appliance is my Vitamix because it can be used like many different ones. It is squeezed to the right of my sink just before the cabinet, otherwise it would not fit at all. To its right and under the cabinet is an ice bucket which contains spatulas, blender sticks, etc -- anything to big to stick in a drawer. Lining the back wall behind that are bins for rice, tea, and pasta. I have one more skinny place which has the rice maker in back and coffee maker in front. I am left with two sq ft of clean counter, which is my food prep area.
December 3, 2013 at 5:26am   
kroze
cinnamon13, I read it and you are a gifted writer. It was hilarious!

I used to have a pool and pool service but I don't think I ever laid eyes on the man. But then, I never got into the pool either..... : )
December 3, 2013 at 5:59am   
cinnamon13
thank you....please feel free to drop by every now and then....:)
December 3, 2013 at 6:01am   
jacquipru
Thanks Leslie - we don't have those here. But we have nespresso and other knock offs.
December 3, 2013 at 12:44pm   
rollergranny
my mother's house had a very small kitchen. She had only about 12" of counterspace depth because her countertop was always crowded with items including a big dish drainer that was never put away so in my small kitchen I have minimal clutter to maximize the work area that is available. I don't purchase a lot of kitchen gadgets or extra pots so there isn't a storage issue.
February 20, 2014 at 9:45am     
What color should we paint our two front double doors?
The shutters and double doors are now black. We would...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Would you go for a striped wall?
Feature walls are big news, but what if you want to...
Best way to house a growing puppy?
I have a German Shepherd puppy (meet Manny!!) who will...
Refurbish Old Wicker Loveseat
Okay, yesterday I found and purchased an old wicker...