Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ssmcgregor

Very cool looking, but why a sliding door?

ssmcgregor
10 years ago
I can see stylistically it is probably meant to pick up the airport/hangar door motif, but does it slide over to the other opening for another purpose? Perhaps there's a toilet there it provides privacy for?
Airport House - Denver Contemporary Residence · More Info

Comments (7)

• mindyk9
    10 years ago
    Love the sliding shower glass door
  • Llew Quinol
    9 years ago
    Where can I get a sliding glass door like that? Was that custom made for this project
  • PRO
    Architectural Workshop
    9 years ago
    The glass used is standard 3/8” sand blasted plate glass. The glass has a natural light green tint similar to the glass tiles.
  • PRO
    Architectural Workshop
    9 years ago
    The hardware is standard stainless steel barn door hardware for glass doors with a slight tweak to attach to the ceiling - a custom detail that any glass door installer should be able to provide.
  • susanking1130
    9 years ago
    This is exactly what I want to do in my bathroom project. Does the glass door have a floor glider? Please tell me the hardware vendor so I can get my glass guy on the tweak design. Thank you!
  • PRO
    Architectural Workshop
    9 years ago
    No floor glider, just four guides which show in the picture. This is standard barn door hardware - any vendor will do. The only custom 'tweak' is that the pipe return / is attached to the ceiling.