What's missing?
Juliet Okeke
Hi Houzzers, I have or I think I have finished my house, what's missing? All help is appreciated. I don't like clutter, I like to keep it simple and uncomplicated. What do we think?
sparkleenthusiast
Could you lower the blue abstract painting? Maybe add symmetrical pieces of art to either side of it as well.
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 5:59PM
lisaisok
You need a lamp beside couch and it looks like your picture is too high.
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:00PM
Coffee table horizontal to sofa; art over sofa is hung to high and not centered over sofa; place wing chair opposite sofa; too many pillows, put beige on chair and two blue on sofa and ditch the print; put little table next to chair and a floor lamp next to sofa.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:02PM
I do think that coffee table is too big and dark for the small room.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:03PM
I'd lower the artwork to 6" above the top of the sofa. Then I'd add another color that you like, such as the color of your daughters dress. It could be added with a pillow or a throw.
A larger rug would work better in the room and would offer you the opportunity to use your new color combination in it.

A table lamp would look good on the round table by the sofa, and I'd add another larger item to the coffee table unless you have a toddler around who might break it or scratch the table with it. Even moving the item you have on the coffee table to an off center position would help the look. The additional item on the coffee table could be a box with a lid in which to put the remotes when not in use.
    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:07PM
Carolyn...we're thinking alike! I wanted an accent color like the little dress! Raspberry pop! Yes, lower and center the art.

2 Likes    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:13PM
I love it, Darzy! Splendid choice that will bring life to the room!
1 Like    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:18PM
Juliet Okeke
Thanks everyone, could you suggest with photos art work or anything that could work. Yea! I know the table is too big, needed someone to tell me that. I have a two year old with itchy fingers, so I try yo stay away from breakables.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:23PM
Genevieve
Side table and lamp
    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:25PM
janeinfo
You need a secondary color on your throw pillows. Maybe yellow or organ. Also, you need a table lamp and something interesting on your coffee table.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:28PM
janeinfo
That should read "orange". Yes, I teach English! HA
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:30PM
leelee
To my eye everything is hung too high. TV is too high and picture is definitely too high and too small for the scale of your sofa.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:40PM
leelee
Maybe you should put the chairs on the wall and the TV facing the FP. That way the coffee table would be aligned with the sofa. You have two sofas...do they face each other?
    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:42PM
leelee
Would not have chosen grommet drapes and would have hung them higher.
    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 6:44PM
This is a good time of year to find a throw so I suggest you look for one in the color that's in your daughters dress. Here's a piece of art that would work in your room. But it could be any piece of art you like that has your blue in it plus the raspberry, and more colors if you want.

Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 7:00PM
We've seen the sofa, art and TV in 3 pix and one shot of the windows plus the corner of a wing chair. Care to enlighten us with more snaps? You could use two smaller round coffee tables if the sofas are staying on opposite sides of the space.
    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 7:46PM
Renee
http://lindamonfort.com. Check out this artist. I think you will like her abstracts. I own two and love both. I found her art one late night on ebay. Her paintings would add some nice color to your room.
    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 7:58PM
Juliet Okeke
Thank you everyone, really appreciate all the input. Another photo from the hallway. Not very clear though.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 8:53PM
yvonnecmartin
You definitely need lamps in this room. They should be chosen to function both for reading and a more gentle light for conversation.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 7, 2013 at 8:58PM
First of all don't run coffee table that way. Turn and put in front of sofa. It really looks to LNG. Can you get a smaller round one? You need something in corner. Like a palm. Add some pattern pillows to sofa.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 7, 2013 at 9:20PM
Picture over sofa too small go twice that size and hang low 6" above sofa top. Get out off the blue range you have enough.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 7, 2013 at 9:22PM
I see you have two sofas in this room. Remove coffee table it's to big and doesn't work.. Pier One carries small round glass tables or get wood. Place 2 , 18" from front of each sofa. Remove sheers from windows just panels on each end only.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 7, 2013 at 9:25PM
Add a big base lamp in clear glass. (TJMax) with a white drum style shade to round table by window.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 7, 2013 at 9:27PM
Deborah Vanderzel Designs
My advice would be to swap walls... moving the tv and accoutrements to the sofa / art wall and vice versa. End table at the junction of both sofas with a great lamp. look for 36" to 42" round coffee table Then angle the chair near the new tv wall facing the sofas..Your room will feel softer and roomier. Good luck
    Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 9:53PM
georgia30082001
Maybe a lamp in the far corner
P.s great work
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 10:51PM
touchadream
I think the table is fine if it stood out against a rug that was bigger and more "visible". Although they are ubiquitous now, the lovely trellis patterns would do the trick in here and brighten everything up without having to add more dang pillows! This one isn't probably the right color, but you get the idea.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 11:14PM
In Style Modern
I think a big (cactus? or any vertically growing) plant near the couch would look nice
    Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 9:21AM
I would find a cactus inside the house very user unfriendly, and quite likely dangerous!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 12, 2013 at 9:23AM
rmahdy
A medium sized plant in z corner would add some color..
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 12, 2013 at 9:29AM
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
LAMPS! LAMPS! LAMPS!....those are a must for you and it will change the overall look of this room for sure.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 12, 2013 at 9:33AM
Paris Flea
I like clean lines to- the artwork over the sofa is out of scale in size and position. Find a peice that is at least half the width of the sofa and center it over the sofa - measure from the ceiling to the top of back of the sofa and place it.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 19, 2013 at 8:45AM
Karla Papagni
I'd ditch that chair for sure. If you need more seating, then a tufted bench would work better there. You need some curves for interest...maybe round mirrors on either side of the tv. Turn your coffee table the other way (or replace it with a round on if it is in your budget) and remove the rug. Add a couple of lamps and a few more accessories. Bring in some patterned throw pillows in brown, taupe and teal fabrics to coordinate all your colors. Lower the painting by a foot, so it is 6"above the couch, and add other paintings, photographs, mirrors, etc. to make a gallery wall. Alone, the painting is too small for that wall. I think you need a couple of natural elements so the room isn't quite so sterile...baskets, driftwood, a real plant, etc.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 21, 2013 at 7:46AM
kristylou
Lose the chair. Cuts the entire room off and seems weird to have your back to the opening/entry. Is there already yellow in the painting above couch? If you're keeping it, pull from that for another color. Your room need some "life" so I'd add a plant or 2.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Juliet Okeke    November 21, 2013 at 9:42AM
Juliet Okeke
Thanks everyone, haven't done anything yet! will put update when I do.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 21, 2013 at 11:16AM
Help finish family room, what's missing?
So I got my rug and accent chairs as well as the sofa...
Maritza Lahodik
What's missing from our setup??
Hello! I can't figure how what else is missing from...
Teresa D.
What's missing?
These are several photos from different angles of our...
suzgal59
What's missing
I cannot decide on the right accessories . My living...
mossergirl
What's missing ?
Hello :) I would love to get some advices for my house....
Hillary Jønland
Pitiful playroom
We are working on a playroom for our 1 year old daughter...
erebele
masculine but classy
I'm working on a bachelor pad but it still needs to...
Mindy Luthi
Awkward exterior! How to update and make more like cottage
May be interested in this home to purchase and renovate....
dlstalnaker
Idea for an empty space on the master bedroom
We have an empty space by the wall opposite to the...
lberia
Help get me out of builder beige hell
I was 3 months pregnant and so sick when I was put...
mctwist26