Need help with window treatment and art on top of the office area!
mwaiko
Hello Every one. Thank you for reading and helping me with this project. We moved to a new place and my brother and his girlfriend surprised me with the sitting room furniture(which if i had to choose ill choose different ones). It felt really cold and no character at all. I purchased the rug to add some color in the room and am still working with the painting on top of the sofa. I would love to introduce patterned curtain to and some sort of art on top of the office area. I can sew so even fabric ideas will be great. I like the Ikat fabric but my wallet doesn't like it. I'm thinking of the other one am not sure if it will go well. Any ideas? And also any ideas with end table Lamps. Thank you all..
HERE Design and Architecture
I like the ikat a lot. The other fabric seems too similar to the rug, too rectilinear/static. Can you have a chat with your wallet - maybe talk it into the ikat for next month? :)
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by mwaiko    November 7, 2013 at 9:08PM
Masterworks Window Fashions & Design
To break up the expanse of black furniture, since as an artist clearly you like color, add some colored pillows. If you want to applique some shapes on the pillows to connect with the rug, that could work. Your painting appears to be a city skyline - New York? - but has a vertical rhythm moving across the horizontal canvas. One option would be to echo that in combinations of solid fabric strips of varying widths across the window, in colors taken from the rug and painting. I wouldn't necessarily recommend that for just anyone, but as an artist, you can easily have an artistic window treatment.
I also like the ikat fabric, so you could wait to purchase a fabric which you do like.
Lamps are critical to warm up a room and make it more comfortable. At the same time, as an artist you may be drawn to more expensive lamps. Perhaps at first you could find a lamp with a hollow glass core, and add color inside, or find a lamp which you could paint.
When the budget permits, upgrade to lamps which have sculptural impact. Perhaps something linear like your painting, or a succession of irregular geometric shapes on top of one another.
Use your creativity in your home, and it will feel more like your home.
Good luck!
Linda H. Bassert, Masterworks Window Fashions & Design, LLC
Fairfax, VA
    Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 5:05AM
Need Ideas with Window Treatment
I have these very large and odd shaped windows in the...
galatea310
Need help with window treatment ideas for lv rm window seat window
Hi, I am trying to give my living room a more polished,...
jeffreyh
zamissy
Need help with window treatments please
Hi. The guest bathroom (aka my husbands bathroom)...
klocurto
Plantation shutters or woven woods? Need help w/ window treatments!!
Looking for suggestions on whether to go with plantation...
Kim Anne
Which color for countertops?
This is a model of our kitchen. What color of countertop...
theacarlyle
Living room ideas for mid-century remodel
We are working our way to remodel our 1968 mid-century...
lathrop1
Could I create a very eclectic room?
I have a stupid country room and am wondering if I...
Ann
BATHROOMS DESIGN HELP PLEASE!!!
Hello, I'm trying to come up with the best design...
tua10624
Suggestions for Tuscan window treatments?
We have a home in the Phoenix area and like many homes...
sageviews