Re uplifting my lounge..
Char Eltr
I want to add colour into my lounge but have all these carpets to chose from .. Help please
Chandani
I like the geometric patterns more with you furniture... the orange and white diamond stripes and the shades of orange/yellow/black/white stripes. It would hep to see pics of adjoining rooms and what else you have in the space.
1 Like   November 8, 2013 at 8:03AM
Are you removing the art above the sofa? If not, you need to draw colors from it for your rug. I don't see those tones in any of these except for the shag (maybe.) It is pretty loud and may detract from the art. Have you considered a bound sisal with a border in a color from the art? This would stay organic and neutral but add a touch of color which you can continue to sprinkle throughout with pillows, throw, accessories for the table, etc. Suggest your coffee table be placed 18" from the longest sofa, and the longest sofa be on the wall. Can't see if these are both the same or not. I'd also suggest an arc floor lamp to arch over and highlight the coffee table and its accessories. Woodvalley House - Interiors 0072 Purple Glam Master Bedroom NW homes
1 Like   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 8, 2013 at 8:17AM
Char Eltr
Thx decoenthusiaste and Chandani..I posted more photos you asked for
0 Likes   November 8, 2013 at 8:46AM
Char Eltr
Love the lamp idea and carpet with border ..are you suggesting I get a neutral cream carpet to match the sofa with a bright border and add colour that way..cushions etc..love the idea but where will I find that....Decoenthusiaste
0 Likes   November 8, 2013 at 8:52AM
sondramartina
LOL You can just tape it like this last photo from Decoenthusiaste .
Actually I can not believe they taped it -that orange border!! But looks good in photo not sure in real ?
1 Like   November 8, 2013 at 8:56AM
Char Eltr
Ha ha I don't think so but thx for the suggestion sondramatina..
0 Likes   November 8, 2013 at 9:17AM
sondramartina
Are you allowed to buy rug and return if you don't like it?
0 Likes   November 8, 2013 at 9:35AM
Against the light tile and furniture, I'd choose a darker rug, probably the black white and yellow stripe. Honestly though, I like the rug you have now better than any of the ones you pictured. It would be perfect if it were larger, I think.

A few throw pillows in colors taken from the painting should be all the color you need.
1 Like   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 8, 2013 at 9:50AM
sondramartina

Maybe keep existing rug,but try pale yellow-golden accent pillows???
1 Like   November 8, 2013 at 11:45AM
Char Eltr
Yes I think so sondramatina what carpet are you thinking of..I have two that stands out for me the black and white one and the orange and cream one..
0 Likes   November 8, 2013 at 12:46PM
sondramartina
I prefer this one.Can you return it just in case ?
0 Likes   November 8, 2013 at 12:57PM
sondramartina
II would not look for cushions in that colour,how about colorful pillows like in this room that we all like?
1 Like   November 8, 2013 at 1:22PM
karemore55
Hi Charmaine, good discussion here - can't help but add my two cents worth and confuse you more lol. Thanks Sondra!

Groveraxle is right that your current rug is perfect except that it is small. When I first saw your post I couldn't figure out what your problem was and thought maybe you just wanted a change. Of the choices you posted, I agree with decoenthusiaste that the orange is really the only one that is working with the colors of your art.

When you say you want more color, I immediately think sofa cushions will do the trick. But first must come the rug. So I'll toss out a few more possibilities, although it really like the orange shag you posted, especially with a leather sofa - the heightened texture of the shag rug against the smooth sleekness of the sofa is yummy!

See if any of these makes your heart go pitter-patter:
1 Like   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 8, 2013 at 1:30PM
karemore55
Posting your art below so everyone has a good visual:
1 Like   November 8, 2013 at 1:30PM
Char Eltr
I like the bottom blue one but I think it make be to much colour against the art work..karemore 55
1 Like   November 9, 2013 at 7:40AM
Char Eltr
I think I may just settle for the darker carpet..the black and cream one as I can add any colour cushion from the colour of the art on my wall..any suggestions on the colours,,was thinking of maybe black,yellow,,red and even green if I can find the right green..what do you think..also do you think I should get a shaggy rug or smooth textured rug .what goes better with leather..sondramatina ..and karemore55
1 Like   November 9, 2013 at 7:50AM
sondramartina
Shaggy rug is better with leather. i would try that rusty shaggy one.
1 Like   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 9, 2013 at 8:07AM
karemore55
Definitely shaggy or textured!
0 Likes   November 9, 2013 at 8:44AM
karemore55
Charmaine, Now you're cooking! My choices would be no 1 or 4 - the squiggly line rugs. No problem finding pillows too match! If I was pressured to reduce it to one choice, I'd go with no. 1.
1 Like   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 9, 2013 at 9:44AM
sondramartina
You have Ikea in Dubai?
1 Like   November 9, 2013 at 12:06PM
sondramartina
Check this room,it has colours like yours. i would pick similar pillows
1 Like   November 9, 2013 at 3:08PM
Char Eltr
Ok it's not quite what I originally planned to do but it's a work I progress..what do you think..I thought to add a red cushion on each couch still and maybe to paint the wall a light off white greyish colour..maybe add a plant or two still..any more ideas..thx
0 Likes   November 10, 2013 at 3:43AM
sondramartina
The photo s small but room looks nice. I would add muted orange pillows like in the picture above and maybe get rid of black ones,not sure. . And a palm tree.
What colour is the rug?
1 Like   November 10, 2013 at 4:30AM
Char Eltr
Rug is black with little specks of gray
0 Likes   November 10, 2013 at 4:54AM
sondramartina
oh it looks dark blue gray .Do you like it or would you prefer orange rug?
1 Like   November 10, 2013 at 5:01AM
karemore55
I like so dramartina'smideamofmburnt orange pillows, rather than red. Would look softer and blend with the grey rug better, I think. I like this more toned down look. I also like the walls as they are - you have a tone on tone thing,going,on with the off-white sofas and walls and curtains. Grey might look a bit drab, I'm thinking.
2 Likes   November 10, 2013 at 10:11AM
Char Eltr
Ok this is what ive done so far do you think i need to add more colours or replace any colour.. But dont like it to be to busy.. Ideas please i found these cushions but not sure if i should add or change anything
0 Likes   November 16, 2013 at 7:29AM
Char Eltr
Cushions i found
1 Like   November 16, 2013 at 7:30AM
sondramartina
Top left and bottom right if they are not very bright orange
0 Likes   November 16, 2013 at 9:50AM
karemore55
Charmaine, I like the pillows you show on the sofas. And the rug color ties in with the dark colors in your art. You could stop there, but buy a few extras - maybe the orange patterned pillows - and swap them with the striped ones seasonally - yellow stripes in spring and summer, and oranges in fall/winter maybe?
1 Like   November 16, 2013 at 12:00PM
In Style Modern
I think your current rug is a little bit too loud with the color and shapes. Staying with a white one will make it look modern but not busy. You can add pops of color with interesting pillows (drawing from the color of the painting over the couch) and also adding some tulips as decorative flowers?

(Also what is that on the far left corner of the room?) I'd also change the coffee table and the side table plus the lamps if you're open to doing that..
0 Likes   November 16, 2013 at 1:10PM
Char Eltr
Ok now this is what i changed so far in my cream lounge and black tv lounge .. Any comments be helpful thx
0 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 1:54AM
sondramartina
In black and white room I would rearange photos on the wall,i am not liking this staggered heights. Add another colour in pillows? And some natural detail, like wood or wicker
0 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 5:42AM
Char Eltr
Added a plant and some red candle holders to the table..
0 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 7:40AM
Char Eltr
Cream lounge now
2 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 7:41AM
karemore55
Hi Charmaine, I'm liking the cream lounge - you definitely go for the reds, don't you lol? I wonder if you can get a larger though. Ideally you should have an 8X10 in there, and it would look better if the floor around the front of the furniture wasn't showing. It would also make the room look bigger.

I like the layout though, and the plant in the corner offers some nice contrast as well as an organic touch. The pic above the sofa on the left seems a little high, although I see that you are trying to balance it with the weight of the opposite pic. So I'm kind of thinking about that one.......maybe others can decide!
1 Like   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 26, 2013 at 11:12AM
karemore55
The black lounge looks good also. The pics on the wall look so fun and personal, I almost hesitate to suggest that you re-arrange them but.......the one on the right is kind of dangling and not centred on anything. Not sure if this would work, but can you hang that one directly over the pic that is centred over the sofa?
1 Like   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 26, 2013 at 11:14AM
karemore55
Then the vertical pic that's on the adjacent wall could maybe go,to the right of the arrangement. Don't worry about centring things over the sofa - in this case, you should centre on the wall, and keep everything in a tight grouping.
1 Like   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 26, 2013 at 11:16AM
Char Eltr
Thx Karemore55 for your advice will try the paintings and do want to get a bigger carpet . Would you suggest i get a plain red one or black or cream to match the cream lounge suite. Not quite sure on this one..
0 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 11:26AM
karemore55
I like the idea of some contrast, so that rules out white. Black seems a little harsh, plus I would think it would be "linty", ie. a pain to clean! So that leaves red - it's such a lively color; it looks great already - just needs to be bigger!
1 Like   November 26, 2013 at 11:56AM
sondramartina
Something like this? Ikea
But not sure if this red is ok with red in your art .
http://www.ikea.com/ae/en/catalog/products/60217054/
http://www.ikea.com/ae/en/catalog/products/10217056/
2 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 12:35PM
karemore55
Sondramartina, That's a really good idea -'throwing in a Persian with all the modern. Now I like that! What do you think Charmaine?
1 Like   November 26, 2013 at 12:51PM
sondramartina
I think it would look even better in the other room ! :)
What do you think about my question, regarding posters in my LR?
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/749567/Need-colour-on-that-wall
2 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 12:54PM
BEGUM www.begumsilk.com
Cushions we sell !! have a look at www.begumsilk.com
2 Likes   Thanked by Char Eltr    November 26, 2013 at 1:00PM
Lynnie
If I were you, I would have it compiment the great piece of art work you have on the wall. And bring in a few pillows of differing shapes that are sort of abstract. A little dark orange, red, and blue is all you need and the room will look fantastic. The rug should not overwhelm the whole room. And you could add a throw on there if you want to, will soften the couch a bit.

With all that said, are you happy with the rug? I could picture geometic shapes on it rather than a solid color. What do you all think?
2 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 1:01PM
karemore55
Sondramartina, Just saw your post - how long has it been up there?
1 Like   November 26, 2013 at 1:02PM
BEGUM www.begumsilk.com
we also make very nice throws :-), picures will follow
1 Like   November 26, 2013 at 1:54PM
BEGUM www.begumsilk.com
here a picture from our plaid in coffee color
1 Like   December 12, 2013 at 1:51AM
Lynnie
Beautiful and vibrant colors.
1 Like   December 12, 2013 at 11:00AM
Char Eltr
Ok all done and changed what do you think..
0 Likes   December 14, 2013 at 10:01PM
I need to re design my lounge completely
My lounge looks cluttered - I need a new look thinking...
Emma Too
Need to uplift my dining/living room area
I have done through the years some decorating myself...
roxyr65
Re: last post on lounge & dining layout
Further photos so you can see the area - thanks everyone!...
Chellie B
Re novo Casablanca lounge
Hello, can you please advise where this lounge is manufactured,...
melliemadi
new propane gas cooktop
Need to replace 30 inch electric cooktop with propane....
merrygh
Design and color help for my home office please!
Hi, just moved in to a new place and need some advice...
chiropali
strange niche in entry
I need ideas for this 7ft tall niche ( 17" wide and...
marystat
What to do what to do
Ideas please!
Jason Diaz
dining area: approx 20x7.
wondering if I should paint opposite walls matt dark...
mndyrn