Backsplash and handles
beata8336
I need help to pick a backsplash and handles for my kitchen. The color of cabinets is expresso and the countertop is a quartz-white sparkling.
Jenny Faulkner
A few different backsplash looks you could go for:
1) Stainless Steel - Eden Mosaic Tile from Lowes ('Eden' has a few nice looks)
2) Subway Tile - can be easily found anywhere and in a multitude of colors. a white or off white would look very nice, as well as a colored glass subway tile
3)my favorite is marble
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:31AM
Jenny Faulkner
some more marble, but let me know what look your going towards, maybe you dont like marble
1 Like    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:32AM
I like this hardware for your cabinets...You?

6 Likes    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:38AM
I think a painted glass backsplash would look great in your kitchen. Here is a photo with green, but pretty much any color you wanted. The photo below also has hardware similar (but a lot larger) than my above suggestion. Do you want modern/contemporary? If not, we can suggest other ideas.

3 Likes    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:41AM
Jenny Faulkner
handles such as this first picture would go with any of the backsplashes, but if you wanted to go for a more traditional style you could go with the second ones. they would go well with marble
    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:43AM
Creative Ceramic & Marble
Unfortunately, I don't have any pics, but look into a 3x6 tumbled Carrera marble. it's be perfect for what you're doing, either in the conventional brick (subway) pattern, or even in a herringbone.
    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:46AM
Jenny Faulkner
I agree with Creative Ceramic & Marble, and herringbone pattern is a nice way to do it
1 Like    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:52AM
Creative Ceramic & Marble
That is SWEET!! (LOVE herringbone!)
1 Like    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:53AM
anne dee
info on the back splash tile in the reference pic which mirrors yr kitchen re the cupboards and countertop
note the hardware same as suggested by Darzy
It's a Walker Zanger glass tile and I believe the color is 'platinum matte.' The tile size is approximately 1 1/2" x 6".

Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:56AM
APM architecture
A white or tan tile with some texture would be nice, look at porcelanosa wall tiles.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 9:57AM
The Wow House
Jenny's #1 example of backsplash "Stainless Steel" elongated is what I would suggest.
Your kitchen is modern-minimalistic.
Therefore you should continue with clean, no-fuss lines. Pick lines, not rounds or squares.
Pick "lines" and "slim bar" pulls, not round knobs.
Stainless steel/silver color cabinet pulls will go with your silverish stainless steel backsplash to continue the minimalistic look. It will look sharp.
Another reason to stick to this backsplash is that the more pattern and intricate small detail you have going on - the sooner you will get sick of it as years go buy.
Therefore choose a somewhat timeless, polished look, a simple, yet luxurious and expensive looking design that looks good now and still will be in fashion for years to come, like this one above.
    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 11:05AM
Jenny Faulkner
keep in mind how easy it is to change up the elements in your kitchen. Backsplash is more work to change, so stick with a neutral, as The Wow House said, the more pattern and detail, the sooner you will get sick of it.
Decor is easy to switch up, so go crazy with whichever style you want. If you get sick of it, you just head to the store and pick up new decor. If you love green for example, buy green decor, hand towels, etc, but keep with a neutral backsplash. A green backsplash might be nice, but it may go out of style.
There are lots of stainless steel patterns you can get as well. if you arent a fan of stainless steel, a white/off white subway tile also works. or you could go with both, a stainless steel subway tile look
    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 11:23AM
beata8336
beata8336
I think I am more modern then traditional. I will say between modern and contemporary.
I was thinking for blacksplash some white tiles with crystal between or silver tiles.
For handles: I like the long, silver one or I thought crystal knobs. I don't know what to do. Help.....
    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 3:08PM
JandB Kitchen Designs
Hi beata8336,
A quick note about our experience: Brigitte and I consistently design between 70-90 kitchens/year (for over 34 years) and have designed thousands of kitchens.....We also design full structural including below-grade foundation plans.....We have 2 Chicagoland locations and a Michigan location which cover the Wisconsin to Indiana borders, N.W. Indiana and S.W. Michigan.....Anyway, here's a kitchen we did that is very similar to your configuration.....If you decide on FULL HEIGHT glass tiles, be sure you have good under cabinet lighting to make them "pop".....Regarding the pulls NEVER use the pull on the left (with the overhanging ends)!.....We refer to it as "the old pocket ripper"!.....Hope this helps a bit!.....John & Brigitte
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 4:24PM
leelee
No crystal knobs with those cabinets, please. While I think a backsplash can look fabulous your kitchen has too many areas that don't lend to a good stopping point like around the window, at the end of the counter and especially the separate irregular shaped cabinets in the corner. Trying to deal with all those areas is going to make the kitchen look chopped up.

Paint the walls in enamel paint. It wipes up easily. Use accessories like pics, platters and canisters to add interest.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 7:37PM
ugayyo
Your kitchen Cabinets are a lot like mine. Maybe this will help.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 8:35PM
ugayyo
I went with the middle one
1 Like    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 8:38PM
ugayyo
Here is a good one too
1 Like    Bookmark   November 8, 2013 at 8:39PM
leelee
Love the pulls Darzy picked.
    Bookmark   November 9, 2013 at 6:57AM
beata8336
I agree I love the pulls that Darzy pick. I think I will go with that. But I still don't know what to do with backsplash......
    Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 7:58AM
Gayle
Beata8336..I totally agree with JandB about the pulls catching clothes' pockets and ripping them. I was going to say that the minute I saw them but wanted to read all comments first. I am redoing my kitchen and just today picked hardware. I lean toward contemporary and picked Amerock, Riva in graphite as I have dark gray cabinets. No ends sticking out to catch on clothes or an eye. Good luck to you!
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 3:51PM
dclostboy
I like the visual interest created by this glass herringbone from modwalls.com
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by beata8336    November 11, 2013 at 6:03PM
Carol Ramunno
Maybe something like this?
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 6:37PM
Wyland Interior Design Center
Some more options.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 6:45PM
Scott Design, Inc.
Consider
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 7:38PM
Scott Design, Inc.
more
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 7:45PM
Rachel's Mosaics
This is a good match, it's has the darks for the cabinets and white for the counters
    Bookmark   November 14, 2013 at 8:22PM
This is another shot of my lake house kitchen/eating...
jodiburgess
Backsplash and handles
I need help to pick a backsplash and handles for my...
beata8336
Backsplash and handles
Hi, where did you find the tile and cabinet pulls?...
katyq
how to you handle the outlets for backsplash?
Installing the real stone around the outlets, once...
Top Quality Floors & Carpentry, LLC
redoing tile in breakfast area, but not in kitchen.
we were going to redo grout in a breakfast area because...
sandras12
Casement Window Dilemma! Seeing is Believing.
Hi Houzz, I'm now hoping to get advice on my oversized...
jjjr
How do I accessorize my new Michelle Armas painting?
I just moved into a small one room studio in New York....
jms465
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
Protecting Hardwood Floors
Has anyone found a great solution to protecting a hardwood...
linnl