Wine cellar in new house ?
cobaltblues77
November 8, 2013 in Photo Questions
Am building a house w basement -any ideas on how to build a wine Cellar?
Mark English Architects, AIA
Please do a Houzz photo search.
November 8, 2013 at 4:22pm   
Vintage Cellars
@cobaltblues77 - Check out our profile for some ideas and let us know if you have any questions!
November 12, 2013 at 11:01am   
Juliette Johnson
Oh, a basement wine cellar is perfect! It's naturally cooler down there, which is ideal for wine storage. As far as ideas go... I guess, just decide what style you'd like it to be (i.e. modern, traditional/rustic or contemporary). If you're going for a rustic look, wood, especially reclaimed wood, is great. Traditional calls for mahogany, redwood and the like. Modern, more... glass, metal... sleeker kind of things. When it comes to how to go about it, it's usually best to hire a professional, from my experience. Vapor barriers and insulation often need to be installed, as well as a wine cellar refrigeration unit, wine racking, and so on. I'd start by picking the area. Then, make a basic design of how you'd like your wine cellar to appear. I know Coastal (winecellarsbycoastal.com) actually offers free designs, and great consultations too. You could check them out if you wanted. They have a few projects here on Houzz... I've included some in my rustic wine cellar/room Ideabook. Anyway, there's quite a lot to do, but hopefully that is some help. Good luck! :)
November 12, 2013 at 3:01pm   
Foyer Decor
Hi! I have this nice looking space in the front entryway....
placing holes for bath faucets
I purchased bathroom faucets (2 for 2 sinks in 1 vanity)...
Desperate need of some curb appeal!
This lovely 70s split level is in dire need of an exterior...
Giving a facelift to an old Art Deco dresser set?
I have a dresser set that belonged to my grandfather....
What style is this? We need some curb appeal!
Our "brand new" 1945 house in So Cal had an addition...