Kitchen counter help!
priyavansh
We are doing a white kitchen with dark grey floors (marvel greystone tile). We can't decide whether to go with a white countertop (silestone lyra) or a grey countertop (caesarstone piatra grey or raven). Opinions please and thank you!!
rosecottagehome
It's really a matter of your personal preference. A good idea to help you decide is to put samples of the flooring, and cupboard with the two samples of counter tops you are considering. If you are still unsure, then get other people's feedback. If you could post pictures here, you will likely get lots of feedback. Try searching the photo galleries here to see what these color combos look like. Good luck.
0 Likes   November 8, 2013 at 7:50PM
Studio Dearborn
I would consider a white quartzite that picks up the grey in its veining, like the Ceasarstone London Gray, MIsty Carerra, or Frosty Carrina. Also, PentalQuartz lattice or Carerra. The piatra grey may be just too dark with the dark floors, and too much gray. I am attaching images of London Gray and Frosty Carrina because I just wrote an article about them so I had them handy. Good Luck!
1 Like   Thanked by priyavansh    November 8, 2013 at 8:13PM
priyavansh
Dearborn - there was nothing attached?
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 7:58AM
priyavansh
here is a picture of the floor tile (marvel greystone), as well as the counter we are leaning towards (silestone lyra).
Trying to decide whether to go with a darker counter, or maybe switch up the island colour to a dark colour to break up the white.
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 10:58AM
0825sam
Have you seen the Silestone Lyra in person on a large scale - like a whole counter? I would suggest doing so. I had this ordered and cancelled it after finding a photo of it online on a large scale. I am not saying it is bad, it just did not have the look of marble that I was expecting from the small sample they had at the store.
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 11:47AM
priyavansh
Sam: I saw a slab that I liked, but you are right that it's not the same "swirly" as marble. My challenge is that I don't want to go with marble and all other options are not as busy as this or as dark, the misty carrera for example has lighter grey tones and I want something that has more impact.
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 11:50AM
0825sam
OK that's what I wanted to make sure - because the Lyra is more of a black pattern on a white background and for some reason that was not what I was getting from the sample I was given.
On your other question, I tend to like the dark counter on the perimeter and the light counter on the island.
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 11:53AM
priyavansh
Sam: thanks for your input. Would you consider doing a light counter everywhere while having cabinets white and then keeping the island stained a dark colour. This option instead of doing 2 different counters?
Unless I do white cabinets and white island and do the Lyra on the island and piatra grey on the perimeter
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 11:56AM
0825sam
I think this is just a personal preference. Here are some visuals of different combinations. I think the option you didn't mention would be white perimeter cabinets, dark perimeter counter, stained island, and white island top. Not to make it too confusing!
Needham Kitchen
Urban Country Manor
Pennsylvania Farm House
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 12:05PM
priyavansh
Yes that does make it more confusing! But I had narrowed my options to those 2:
white cabinets/island - 2 different counters (dark on perimeter and light on island)
white cabinets/island with 1 light coloured counter

It is so hard to decide, but I just want to ensure that the look will compliment the gorgeous floor tile we have.
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 12:09PM
0825sam
My sense is that if you love the dark floor and want it to stand out, to do the white on the counters. So you don't have a counter that is repeating a similar look to the floor.
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 12:14PM
tonijenkins
Quartz kitchen counters -- Huge new kitchen HELP
WHERE can I see samples of quartz kitchen counters...
Mary Judy
Ann Haden
Need help with kitchen counter and backsplash
My kitchen is outdated but I do not want to re-do the...
judy0316
Need help on kitchen counters & island layout ideas
What to do about creating an eating area...we want...
lindsayksu
Would this light fixture work?
I'm replacing my dining room fixture and found this...
jhundman
Panel Radiator??
Does anybody have one of these? My kitchen has no...
badosgirl
Need help finding a 42 inch square glass coffee table
I have a beautiful rug and don't want to hide it. ...
eestone
Need help with my kitchen
I am thinking of remodeling my kitchen on budget......
dorota
stair landing dilemma
I have a small space on my second level that I'm unsure...
Sherrie