Ideas to conceal TV
ianblue
I have just seen this good idea to conceal the TV.
I hate TV being the focal point of my living room .
Anyone else come up with some good ideas to hide the TV.
When the TV is swtched on the artwork slides up (like a James Bond movie) and exposes the TV!
Mark
This gentleman on Houzz has a lot of clever ways on his profile to cover up televisions. Have a look. http://www.houzz.com/pro/petermaxson50/tvcoverups
November 9, 2013 at 12:26pm     
TVCoverUps
ianblue, mark is talking about our TVCoverUps product. Framed art(including your own) or mirror adds to the room's decor - with the hidden TV and Entertainment consoles beneath. Automated and Manual lift options available and allows for TV tilting hardware.
See how EASY it really can be:
November 21, 2013 at 1:41pm     
Tekkease
As a technology design professional I would recommend going with a picture farm mount as TV Coverups is displaying. I am not sure if there brand allows for the picture to roll up vs. a flip up cover however there are other manufactures that allow the picture to "roll up" when you turn your system on. A flip up cover can be somewhat awkward and bulky. www.framemytv.com makes a nice automated picture mount, and they allow you to use art of your choice. This feature will come at a nominal fee, but will deliver the look you are trying to achieve.
November 21, 2013 at 2:39pm     
TVCoverUps
With TVCoverUps, you have the option of building the unit into your wall- making a seamless transition from your art to the TV. However, even with our on-wall options, with the new thin TV's, the installation box can be mounted right on the wall with only being forward of the wall by 2". Either choice, TVCoverUps will not be a bulky nor awkward solution to hiding a TV.
As far as the flip up cover- the TVCoverUp is not visually noticeable due to the black linen backing: it actually creates a better theater experience because it blocks ambient light and ceiling reflection and with the 3D TV's creates an even stronger movie experience. We also can paint the lid to match your ceiling color, like the example below.
TVCoverUps is the best solution to hiding one's TV, the best theater experience and the most affordable option. And you can even use your own art, which the roll up option does not allow.
November 23, 2013 at 11:07am   
Paris Flea
They make a console that hides the TV. It's a two for one.
November 23, 2013 at 7:13pm   
Protecting Hardwood Floors
Has anyone found a great solution to protecting a hardwood...
Dining Room Help
I want to paint or wallpaper my dining room as well...
What color slipcover would you put on the sofa and love seat?
I am trying to decide whether to keep the bokhara rug....