What do you think about the reindeers?
hnks
Too much?
Yes, too much.
November 9, 2013 at 5:53pm      Thanked by hnks
2dogssashatess
Your mirror is nice but adding the reindeers is just too much, I would keep it simple
November 9, 2013 at 6:05pm      Thanked by hnks
tennisanyone
Is this just the the holidays? I think it is fine. I think the mirror is too small for the space and all I can see is the balcony.
November 9, 2013 at 6:19pm     
lsandberg
too crowded
November 9, 2013 at 6:19pm     
touchadream
Can you put them on the floor at the base of the fireplace? Or if you love them, keep decorating and go over the top on the mantle with more greens, candlesticks, etc. and it could work looking "decadent."
November 9, 2013 at 6:24pm   
cgmgmn
is this above a fire place? why does it look like the tops of heads below the mantel? do you have a vertical picture that shows the floor? I think the mirror should be hung to create some space between mirror and mantel. I also like the idea to add some greenery (assuming this is for the holidays)
November 9, 2013 at 6:29pm   
hnks
It is above a fireplace. It is just a really big fireplace. 20 ft ceiling. I know the mirror is hung too low. I also thought about greenery or at least some color.
November 9, 2013 at 6:58pm   
hnks
I am really having difficulty decorating this mantle.
November 9, 2013 at 6:59pm   
hnks
How about lanterns on both sides?
November 9, 2013 at 7:02pm   
howellmsue
I really like the reindeer! :) I think they are too similar (in curliness) to the mirror details. Keep one or the other up there. I would put a simpler mirror and keep the reindeer, but that is just my opinion.
November 9, 2013 at 7:02pm        Thanked by hnks
1807henry1
I have always heard that a mirror needs to reflect something significant like an outdoor window, a gallery on the wall, an interesting or beautiful room. The windows are so dominating- that I suggest some decor that blends and accents the focal point. I like the natural light thru the windows.
November 9, 2013 at 7:09pm        Thanked by hnks
cgmgmn
I think I'm leaning towards removing the mirror. The lines in it fight with the grid lines in your windows, Same would happen with lanters. I think you need greenery, something to break up the lines in the mirror, mantel, tile and windows. Maybe a really large round clock, with vase, candle type collection on mantel below for non Christmas and a large beautiful wreath now for the Holidays (with reindeer).
November 9, 2013 at 7:14pm     
Medicine cabinet or just a mirror?
Just rebuilt my house after Hurricane Sandy, and in...
Door and window entry
I am taking windows out of a room and changing it into...
Need to pick a runner for L-O-N-G hallway
I have two dogs with really serious back problems so...
Picking trim and ceiling color
I am picking interior paint colors for my house. It...
Chair
Hello I have these chairs that my husband purchased...