Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lvebdesign

Love both these rugs and can't decide. Vote for your favorite!

I have been looking for a new area rug for my living room. I've narrowed it down to two. I love them both and can't decide. Which do you like better? They are both a grey and cream color.
Option 1
Option 2

Comments (25)

• dclostboy
    10 years ago
    Can you show more of the room? I'm leaning toward the one with the larger pattern, as the other could be overly busy for the space.
  • Michele P
    10 years ago
    Love the paint color on your walls! What is it?
    Lavieestbelledesign thanked Michele P
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Sorry I thought I did. Here you go. And I will be changing pillows out to match whatever rug I decide on.
  • PRO
    McCabe Design & Interiors
    10 years ago
    Hi Andrea, They are both lovely. I prefer the larger print. Are you changing the curtains out to? Thanks, Tina
    Lavieestbelledesign thanked McCabe Design & Interiors
  • mkhodges
    10 years ago
    Beautiful room as is! I too would like to know wall color...could be similar to mine...BM northern cliffs. I love both rugs but lean toward the less busy pattern. Where did you get them?
    Lavieestbelledesign thanked mkhodges
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    MicheleP and mkhodges the wall color is Dunn Edwards Covered in Platinum. I'm leaning towards the more simple pattern as well but it's on backorder until December :( It's from Rugs Usa and the busier pattern is from Pottery Barn available for purchase right away.
    Tina the curtains will be staying I just got them :)
    I know you all can't see in the photo but I've had my cowhide rug for a couple years now and it's very stained.
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Here they are used in rooms
  • Chad
    10 years ago
    I actually have opinion two lol
  • krf9
    10 years ago
    I like the larger print. Beautiful fireplace!
    Lavieestbelledesign thanked krf9
  • charmingtail
    10 years ago
    I like #2 . it is not competing with the wonderful fireplace & those great curtains.
  • indianpatti
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I like #1 better

However, I would like to see a 3rd color in the room and yellow would look wonderful.

1st pic from West Elm .. 2nd from Crate and Barrel.

Laying the hide rug you have over 1 of these would look nice too.
    Lavieestbelledesign thanked indianpatti
  • L A
    10 years ago
    I would pick option 1 if your curtains didnt have a big pattern. I agree with @charmingtail
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Got a sample of rug #2
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Dog and hubby like it lol
  • Mandie Jay
    10 years ago
    Lovely room! Any chance you could post a photo of your fireplace wall? Looks like you have a TV over your fireplace? I am looking to install a gas fireplace & tv on a wall in my home's addition and am trying to gather ideas. Thanks so much!
    Lavieestbelledesign thanked Mandie Jay
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    amandaj2 yes of course. Here's a before and after. Still in the works of trying to convince the hubby we need a smaller tv ;/
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    10 years ago
    I'm thinking a different option than the two you have selected.
  • Mandie Jay
    10 years ago
    Andrea, thank you!! My husband wants a bigger TV & fireplace than we can fit in our new room, as it will be in a corner. Your set up is one that I think may work for us. I think the TV looks good. The stone surround totally makes the wall a focal point/showpiece! Is it marble? Would you mind sharing the style?
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I'm open to suggestions what are you thinking Norwood?
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    AmandaJ yes its marble mosaic. Heres the link to where we ordered it. I highly recommend it. It looks so much better in person then the site.
    http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?productId=4067458
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    indianpatti i do like those but I don't think they work with my room. I love the colors in the first rug though. As you can tell I like warm pastel earth tones :)
  • PRO
    Nichola Blakely Design
    10 years ago
    I would choose option 2, because there is pattern in the fireplace and curtains so the smaller pattern will not compete and also gives you some scope to add new fabric/pattern/cushion sizes, otherwise I would say you will have too many beautiful patterns competing in the same space and you will loose the synergy :)
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Okay I know I went a different route here but I think this works best with my current drapery. If I don't like it I can return it without being out of pocket because it was was free shipping. But I'm very excited for it to arrive and will post the pics when it's in the room. I want to thank everyone for all your help. I love these discussions and love hearing everyones thoughts, and opinions :)
Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus