What is the gravel type and size? It looks rather large, 3/4 minus?
csforsythe
November 11, 2013 in Photo Questions
Bliss Garden Design
Hi there - this is 3/4", but it is a clean gravel, not a minus. 3/4" is a good walking surface, if you get much smaller, it becomes less stable to walk on.
1 Like   November 11, 2013 at 9:09AM
csforsythe
Thanks for your quick response! I've done a bit of gravel, have the rotator cuff surgery scar to prove it! Didn't know 3/4 came dustless. Do you still apply it deep 4" or so, with a road cloth under it?
0 Likes   November 11, 2013 at 4:49PM
Bliss Garden Design
Gardening can be a dangerous sport! I like to have the gravel about 3" deep. For all paths, seating areas and some parking areas, I use the weed cloth.
3 Likes   Thanked by csforsythe    November 11, 2013 at 5:56PM
admadab
Is there a specific type of weed cloth that you use? We did some (here in the NW) a few years ago and it was a mess. We may have not installed it deep enough.
0 Likes   March 19, 2014 at 5:46PM
Bliss Garden Design
Hi there - I'm not sure what it is called, but our Home Depot sells it. Typically they market it as contractor grade or pro grade. Its light gray in color and woven, fairly heavy weight. I've seen it in black too. I just don't like the lightweight black weed cloth or plastic, of course. Really robust weeds like Himalayan blackberry probably can break through even the good weedcloth, but the smaller, annual weeds & grasses are kept down, for the most part. Its best if seams are overlapped and the cloth is pinned down. Keep in mind that any debris that collects on top of the weed cloth over time can provide enough organic matter for weeds to grow on top of the cloth, so its always good to remove debris from hardscape areas in a timely manner.
0 Likes   Thanked by csforsythe    March 19, 2014 at 7:03PM
Furniture placement questions
Pic shows the view of the raised floor living room...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Need to find narrow table lamps
I need to find a table lamp similar to the ones offered...
need help in my bathroom
pink and grey ceramic 2/3 walls and shower
looking to install ventless fireplace in wall.
there will be mounted tv above unit. does this present...