Thickglass Stairway Treads
Green Build Design LANovember 11, 2013
Thinkglass has perfected its cutting-edge technology making glass staircases a real, safe and popular option. Treads of 1.5-inch thick are three times stronger than granite or stone and can bear a load of up to 1800 pounds.

Mike Ross, CEO

Green Build Design LA

Los Angeles, CA

www.GreenBuildDesignLa.com

#homeimprovement,#generalcontractor,#greenbuilder,#LosAngelesGeneralContractor,#SanFernandoValleyGeneralContractor,#SanFernandoValleyGreenBuilder,#RoomAdditions,#HouseRemodeling,#KitchenRemodeling,#BathroomRemodeling,#OutdoorLivingContractor,#InteriorDesign,#ArchitecturalDesign,#NewHomeBuilder,#RoomAdditionContractorLosAngeles,#RoomAdditionContractorShermanOaks, #RoomAdditionContractorPacificPalisades,#RoomAdditionContractorSouthBay,#RoomAdditionContractorThousandOaks,#GeneralContractorShermanOaks,#GeneralContractorPacificPalisades,#GeneralContractorThousandOaks,#GeneralContractorSouthBay,#GeneralContractorCalabasas,#GreenBuildingContractorLosAngeles,#GreenBuildingContractorShermanOaks,#GreenbuildingContractorPacificPalisades,#GreenBuildingContractorSouthBay,#GreenbuildingContractorThousandOaks,#GreenbuildingContractorCalabasas,#KitchenRemodelingContractorLosAngeles,#KitchenRemodelingContractorShermanOaks,#KitchenRemodelingContractorCalabasas,#KitchenRemodelingContractorThousandOaks,#KitchenRemodelingContractorPacificPalisades,#KitchenRemodelingContractorSouthBay,#KitchenRemodelingContractorEncino,#OutdoorLivingAreaGeneralContractorLosAngeles,#OutdoorLivingAreaGeneralContractorShermanOaks,#OutdoorLivingAreaGeneralContractorCalabasas,#OutdoorLivingAreaGeneralContractorEncino,#OutdoorLivingAreaGeneralContractorSouthBay,#OutdoorLivingAreaGeneralContractorPacificPalisades,#OutdoorLivingAreaGeneralContractorThousandOaks,#HomeImprovementGeneralContractorLosAngeles,#HomeImprovementGeneralContractorShermanOaks,#HomeImprovementGeneralContractorSouthBay,#HomeImprovementGeneralContractorPacificPalisades,#HomeImprovementGeneralContractorSouthBay,#HomeImprovementGeneralContractorSanFernandoValley,#HomeImprovementGeneralContractorBrentwood,#HomeImprovementGeneralContractorBeverlyHills,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorLosAngeles,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorShermanOaks,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorPacificPalisades,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorSouthBay,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorThousandOaks,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorSanFernandoValley,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorEncino,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorStudioCity,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorGlendale,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorTolucaLake,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorBurbank,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorPasadena,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorLaCanadaFlintridge,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorThousandOaks,#RoomAdditionGeneralContractorChatsworth
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
myownstyle13
Happy cleaning... every 5 minutes... ;-)
5 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 12:29PM
halfpint2
It looks beautiful!
5 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by Green Build Design LA    November 11, 2013 at 12:33PM
yoboseiyo
i'm with myownstyle. omg.

also, #AbsurdlyLongHashtags, man, this isn't twitter.
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 12:43PM
kimdee24
It's beautiful, but looks like an accident waiting to happen. And yes, #toomanyhashtags
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 12:50PM
Nancy
Are there not safety standards with regards to handrails and balusters that need to be met?
4 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 12:57PM
PRO
Mueller Nicholls Cabinets and Construction
Very sleek design, multiple code violations - remember that stairway codes are created to promote safety - think of it as a design opportunity, not limitation.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 1:19PM
anne dee
WOW! That's scary looking!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 1:21PM
PRO
Design Details
Striking is one word I would use, but alarming is another one. I'd be very nervous the first 100 times I descended this stair. I hope it doesn't go to a roof deck where people are drinking or a sleeping loft where a sleepy foot could land in the emergency room.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 1:27PM
PRO
Quaid and Rooney Distinctive Real Estate
Is that for real? If so, how is it suspended. I could use that look in a listing of ours.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 1:29PM
reba120
Would never pass inspection where I live...
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 1:58PM
LeiLani
Everyone needs to visit this website - www.thinkglass.com - sooooooo amazing!
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 1:58PM
dclostboy
My next kitchen counter will be made of this material.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:03PM
decoenthusiaste
I'm going to assume there is a sheet of plate glass we can't see where there should be railing.
Contemporary Staircase
Ledborough Project
1 Like    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:04PM
LeiLani
Me too dclostboy! I'm completely in love with the idea.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:07PM
PRO
Triepke Door & Sash
Glass is gorgeous! These stairs are beautiful examples of how glass can add light and dimension to both small and large spaces. Great work!
1 Like    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:09PM
happyasaclam
The glass looks like it is floating! Very beautiful and no doubt it is stronger than granite or stone, but I still see liability issues and several trips to the emergency room.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:14PM
chookchook2
Nice glass, put handrail.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:14PM
LeiLani
Seriously - visit the website - the stairs are just one thing they do - and it explains how the stairs work - I think the photo displayed in the initial post is an example and yes - looks dangerous - but really?!
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 2:58PM
asongforxx
Looks beautiful, but I'm not interested in experiencing mortal terror every time I walk upstairs.
3 Likes    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 3:01PM
happyasaclam
As a countertop, would it scratch or chip?
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 3:02PM