Are you decorating your home for the holidays? Which do you prefer?

Fratantoni LifestylesNovember 11, 2013
A question that has been lingering around our office is whether or not consumers prefer real plant decorations or artificial plant decorations.

If you would vote and write a brief description as to why you voted the way you did that would be amazing! We love hearing from everyone in the community and hope everyone has a safe and joyous holiday season!

Amherst Point, Moss Obelisk · More Info
]
Artifical PlantsPreserved Boxwood, Square Wreath · More Info
]

One & Only Fratantoni Lifestyles
Artificial Plant Decorations
Real Plant Decorations
motownmom
I decorate several rooms for the holidays. I happen to use artificial for most of it (the trees are faux, as are some accents) because I like the holidays so much I want the decor out for several weeks. Set up around Thanksgiving, always taken down before the Super Bowl in February, LOL.

I do, however, pick some evergreen boughs from my trees in my yard for the original and irreplaceable smell of fresh evergreens. These go in tall vases or on the table for low slung decorative green accents.
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by Fratantoni Lifestyles    November 11, 2013 at 2:10PM
chookchook2
Lots of light here in Australia to support real plants, plus they give off oxygen for humans.
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by Fratantoni Lifestyles    November 11, 2013 at 2:16PM
mamadubbs
I'm not good with plants. I've managed to kill every single live plant I've ever had. It's a miracle my kids survived!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Fratantoni Lifestyles    November 11, 2013 at 2:17PM
gypsyrose17
On the Moss Obelisk it looks like snakes wrapping around it....ugh :(
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by Fratantoni Lifestyles    November 11, 2013 at 2:24PM
happyasaclam
I need living things around me. I love to see my efforts reflected in their growth and healthiness. Ditto on the snake things, gypsyrose. Those are one class of living things I will not encourage!! Eeekkkk!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by Fratantoni Lifestyles    November 11, 2013 at 2:32PM
Boerne Kitchens and Baths
We tend to decorate with live plants for the smells.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Fratantoni Lifestyles    November 11, 2013 at 2:34PM
Fratantoni Lifestyles
Thanks everyone who participated! Looks like Real Plants won this poll!

Fratantoni Lifestyles
    Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 3:59PM
halfpint2
I love decorating with dried materials, and bought an artificial tree last year. Although I love the way a real tree smells, I don't like to cut them down and then throw them away. I also buy poinsettia plants in pinks and whites which I love. I can't risk having the real thing around my dogs. I like your tree. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Fratantoni Lifestyles    November 11, 2013 at 4:13PM
Jeannette White
I go with artificial because I have no green thumb and no memory to nurture plants. Artificial are easier because all I have to do is wipe them down.
    Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 6:03AM
setinella
I prefer faux - as the first responder noted, it's lovely to get some boughs indoors for the pine scents~ it's also less of a fire hazard, no cleaning up pine needles for months, better for the environment not to have a tree every year, etc.
    Bookmark   January 10, 2015 at 10:15PM
n247080
I prefer real when and where I can, however I do use faux in some locations. So many of the faux things just look fake and cheap and look more like clutter than enhancing the space. However, I do think that certain areas benefit from a high end faux, like in rooms where there is no natural light or in a hard to access area.
    Bookmark   January 11, 2015 at 5:20AM
DaVill Blinds
Always faux for us. Less mess
    Bookmark   January 11, 2015 at 8:22PM
Which colours do you prefer for your kitchen?
'White kitchen' is one of the most popular search terms...
Emmeline Westin
Which home exterior do you prefer the taupe siding or the blue shake?
This is a tool for homeowners to redesign and visualize...
Chameleon Power
Which coffee table do you prefer?
Which would you rather have in your living room; a...
DutchCrafters Amish Furniture
Which refrigerator look do you prefer?
Which look do you like best? The built-in fridge or...
Jeannie Nguyen
How do you display holiday cards you receive?
What do you do with the holiday cards you receive from...
Pax vs. easyclosets
visited Ikea to check out the PAX closet organizers...
pamelafederbusch
backsplash ideas??
Im getting bianco antico granite, dark espresso cabinets...
daniellerohm
Ideas for a small condo
I'd like to furnish a space in our new home so that...
oabinader
Need help picking the backsplash for maple kitchen!
Hello, I had initially planned on painting my kitchen...
Remodel Junkie
What is your decorating superpower?
Some people are just fantastic at choosing colors,...