Do you like this artwork?
warren1980
Trying to put up transitional/inexpensive artwork in my living room until i find my forever pieces. What do you think? (Ps i know i need a coffee table. still looking).
dclostboy
Think it works...thought about rearranging room set up?
November 11, 2013 at 2:20PM   
chookchook2
Art is a personal choice. They do reference the colours in the room
November 11, 2013 at 2:22PM   
barbiewc
Love the green chairs. I think you should play around with the furniture placement. Not crazy about the artwork, I'd rather see something with some of the green. More pillows that will pull the two colors together for a more cohesive look.
November 11, 2013 at 2:24PM     
warren1980
We've tried every arrangement in the book!! Always interested in more suggestions. It's a long narrow room with a projection screen that descends BEHIND the green chairs (which swivel around) and tv cant be mounted on top of the fireplace without major expense. With those caveats- what suggestions do you have?

Ps-are all of you diplomatically saying you hate the paintings? Are they good enough for now (considering how hard it is to find oversized artwork in a pair that is inexpensive).
November 11, 2013 at 2:33PM   
warren1980
Btw this is the living room from the other angle so you know what i mean when i reference the fireplace
November 11, 2013 at 2:35PM   
dclostboy
Do the chairs swivel?
November 11, 2013 at 2:45PM     
Matt Patterson Custom Homes
Anything is fine if you like it. So many people have bare walls...yecccch.
November 11, 2013 at 2:47PM     
warren1980
Yes. Green chairs swivel 360 degrees
November 11, 2013 at 2:50PM   
abbyjean
What about even flipping the chairs and the couch so the hardness of the back of the couch is not the first thing you see when entering this area and then three chairs will also not be on the same side of the room. If that is an end table down by the sliding doors, I would bring it down to the end of the couch.

I know how expensive art that size is, but for me, I just do not think it works since no green in it at all, and green is huge in this room. It will look and possibly feel like you are settling. I would rather see empty walls.
November 11, 2013 at 2:55PM   
halfpint2
I love the colors in your living room, it's a beautiful space. The artwork I would have to see hung up. The small picture in the second picture is hung a little too high, but I like it.
November 11, 2013 at 3:07PM   
joverstreet21
Do you have projection AND flat screen in the room?
November 11, 2013 at 3:14PM   
joverstreet21
By the way, I love the art. The furniture placement is awkward tho.
November 11, 2013 at 3:16PM   
joverstreet21
Sorry I keep seeing different things! You can hang the art horizontally if it fits the space better. At the very least, pull the sofa and chairs closer together, and when you buy the coffee table purchase a nice console for behind the sofa. If I were in that room I'd feel like I would have to shout to someone siting in the chair! Unless you get rid of the flat screen, then I have a whole other arrangement in mind......
November 11, 2013 at 3:25PM   
abbyjean
Will it work to turn the rug the other direction? That will pull the furniture together more, too.
November 11, 2013 at 3:27PM   
warren1980
We have a flat screen and a projection. Cant move the sofa because it needs to face both the projection screen and the flat screen. The flat screen is our only tv on the first floor so we need it in that room and it cant go in the same direction as the projection because that wall is all windows . . . Its an endless debate :)
November 11, 2013 at 3:47PM   
sharon1ha
Since you are waiting for your "forever" art work, how about different paintings that will pick up more of the green you have in the chairs. If this is not possible, maybe add pillows that would pick up some of the colors in the paintings, something graphic that will pick up several of the colors as well as the green of your chairs. Pillows are a less expensive way to change the look than changing the art work, until you get the art you want. To me the colors feel a little disjointed at this point. Just some thoughts.
November 11, 2013 at 3:59PM     
armipeg
Beautiful room with beautiful furniture, and arrangement. Love the fireplace. I like the artwork but not for this room. My honest opinion is that paintings of nature scenery with dark wood frames would warm up the atmosphere and will make it even more welcoming. Good luck.
November 11, 2013 at 9:02PM   
Carmel Decor
Love the colors of the room! Can you bring the sofa closer to the chairs so the sofa doesn't hit the banister, you can do better with the art work, try something with more vibrant color. Carmel Decor - Wall Decor Art 1 Carmel Decor - Wall Decor Art 2
November 11, 2013 at 9:23PM   
touchadream
At first glance, no, I didn't like it, but I think walking into the room it makes a statement that is bold and vibrant, and I kind of like the introduction of the odd color combination. What about a white modular coffee table with maybe one or two pieces of personal decor which echo painting colors? Actually, just the white table would be enough. It would pick up on those pillows too. IIKEA = reasonable $. Wonder if they have something square, parsons style? That would make a very cool room, personal and not cookie cutter. I think you are on the right track.
November 11, 2013 at 9:43PM   
Would you replace a gorgeous (but leaky) rusty roof?
A friend of mine has a home with a rusty corrugated...
I need help choosing colours!
Hello all, Here is the deal. I have this beautiful...
Ideas for colour scheme 1970's semi detached house UK based
We are extending and renovating the house below. Please...
Exterior design question - cobblestones or not?
Cobblestone border or edging border? If cobblestone,...
Stone stairs
What's the prep work on installing stone stair down...