What wall color with this grayish/coral color granite?
harryjeep
Our master bath has a salmon wall color on it, I think the previous owners tried to match it to the granite countertop but I don't like that paint color. What wall color could I possibly do to match it with what is there? All I can think of is a cream or light beige. Or maybe a light gray ?
zepled
Edgecomb gray Benjamin Moore! Exquisite color, google it! It's not really gray - not really beige.... Just delicious. I promise, you will love
November 14, 2013 at 6:45pm     
rainydaydesigns
Light to medium gray could be cool. The backsplash is tough though too. I have heard of using a special paint on tile. U might try that in a medium/darker grey that matches a tone in the granite.
November 14, 2013 at 6:45pm     
Here is one idea with a gray that has a bit of red tones in it.

November 14, 2013 at 6:49pm     
Amy Cali
Your backsplash, counter and flooring all share one common denominator….a neutral based beige. I would use either BM Elmira White or Muskoka Trail. I prefer Elmira White (well at least on my monitor LOL) Elmira is the darker sample.
November 14, 2013 at 7:12pm     
glacierspeed
There are soo many great wallpapers out there check it out............
November 14, 2013 at 7:20pm     
harryjeep
Zepled, do you know what would be the Dunn Edwards equivalent to edgecomb gray ? I do like that color ...
November 15, 2013 at 6:46pm   
ellemccafrey
Dark grey, that's in the counter. Drama elegant and bold. Turn the odds in the grey favor. Help to make some stuff recede
November 15, 2013 at 7:57pm     
rubyloves2shop
I tend to agree a warm gray would go well with the granite and tile. If you prefer Dunn Edwards paint most paint companies will match other companies colors so once you decide on the color ask them to match it in their product. I would still do a tester or check against your tile to make sure it blends well first.
November 15, 2013 at 8:29pm     
Teresa Zinkle
A dark gray,not black,but the dark will bring some drama into the room. You seem to have a good amt of natural light and your floors are light, so a dark rich color against that backsplash and with white moldings would be beautiful.
November 15, 2013 at 8:36pm     
harryjeep
Ok which one is better? First one is SW mink, second one is SW hammered stone.
November 16, 2013 at 9:56am     
harryjeep
Here is a darker gray Folkstone
November 16, 2013 at 9:57am     
m3459
Folkstone or even lighter than hammered stone. No mid-tones. Your preference.
November 16, 2013 at 10:35am   
harryjeep
Or Morris room gray
November 16, 2013 at 12:22pm     
zepled
Harryjeep - sorry, I don't know the equivelant but I will try to look it up. I am sure they would match it if you could get a color card to take with... If that's possible. On my way out but I will look into it later.
November 16, 2013 at 12:51pm   
sharant
Putty color, but I would paint the cabinets too!!
November 16, 2013 at 12:55pm   
sanctuaryhome
Definitely the lighter color and you should consider painting the cabinetry a similar greenish beige to pull it all together.
November 16, 2013 at 1:03pm   
harryjeep
Can't afford to paint the cabinets right now :(
November 16, 2013 at 1:16pm   
ecarty
I would like a burnt orange...if you like color
November 16, 2013 at 1:19pm   
dclostboy
I agree with Amy on BM Elmira White.
November 16, 2013 at 1:21pm     
harryjeep
I'm trying to avoid any orange or salmon-ish color. That's what it is right now...
November 16, 2013 at 1:36pm   
sharant
I think the sw hammered stone! The darker grey is good too if you like a contrast but a lot will depend how much light you have in that room!! Might be very dark at night!
November 16, 2013 at 1:49pm   
fos5
From the posted pictures of the grey paint, the grey color looks "off" from the counter top. Bring paint chips home to choose a grey. You also have the option of the painted wallpaper stenciled wall. This technique offer lots of choices including a metalic or opalessent finish. Would be very pretty with your counter top. Medium to light paint with opal finish.
November 16, 2013 at 2:02pm     
sparxx
You have a plethora of different patterns and styles. I'd change to clipboard fronts to something less busy and choose a neutral palette that helps to marry the new bench top into the colour scheme, a cool neutral - even white. I agree that the splash back is a clashes with the other patterning, but keep it. Paint the walls in a cool neutral that compliments the cupboards, bench top and wall.
November 16, 2013 at 2:30pm   
maryannbowmanbeil
Benjamin Moore Stonehearth is the most beautiful taupe/ gray ever.
November 16, 2013 at 2:55pm   
brickln
Love the Folkstone, but its contrast with the backsplash competes with the countertop IMO. Of all colors suggested, I think Morris gray blends all elements the best.
November 16, 2013 at 3:02pm   
yoboseiyo
Morris grey, if those are the only choices you have.
it's nice.
November 16, 2013 at 3:04pm   
harryjeep
Actually I have to pick a Dunn Edwards color but I'm just using the SW visualizer. I think I'm leaning towards a lighter color ...
November 16, 2013 at 3:07pm   
chookchook2
Same colour as backsplash for walls.
November 16, 2013 at 3:14pm   
Ann
I like morris room gray. I think it looks great! It's a nice color in person too - I've seen the paint strip.
November 16, 2013 at 3:18pm   
Ann
I've also used the SW visualizer and found it to be quite accurate.
November 16, 2013 at 3:19pm   
harryjeep
Here are a couple lighter shades, diverse beige and sandbar. They almost look similar.
November 16, 2013 at 3:31pm     
robea
i think i like above even more
November 16, 2013 at 3:34pm   
victorianbungalowranch
I think I would put some plants or something to cover up part of that really busy counter. I know changing it isn't in the budget, but like others have said, all the finishes are fighting with each other and the counter is the worst offender. If it was all plain and with that counter, it would be OK.
November 16, 2013 at 3:49pm     
Karla Papagni
I like the lighter beige colors for the walls. Maybe if you added some large scale black and white photography to the walls it would help the counters blend in a bit. Also, try adding in a few black accessories to see if that helps, like an oil rubbed bronze faucet and hardware. Or a black frame around the mirror.
November 16, 2013 at 3:57pm     
Karla Papagni
Had another thought....light beige walls but paint your cabinets a dark gray. Gray towels and a beige and gray rug would tie it all together.
November 16, 2013 at 4:00pm     
Bridgette Beatrice
Pick a color that matches both wall and counter and floor it hard but find hgtv color thing at Sherman Williams
November 16, 2013 at 5:20pm   
rubyloves2shop
Morris room gray looks best so far for the walls ! The cabinets could be painted one of the darker shades maybe SW hammered stone. That is if you want to paint them or you could use minwax poyshades in a dark color like tudor. That would blend more with the granite so as to balance the lower section with more visual weight.
November 16, 2013 at 5:31pm   
doctornancy
Gray cabinets and beige walls would be my vote. Select a wall color that is already in the floor tile and back splash tile.
November 16, 2013 at 6:15pm   
brickln
Like the gray cabinets with the countertop- the elusive greige wall color! I do not envy you in this decision making process, Harry.
November 16, 2013 at 6:22pm   
Ann
I would not paint the cabinets! I like the room, the countertop, and morris room gray is still my favorite. Diverse beige is my second favorite, but kind of boring.
November 16, 2013 at 6:29pm   
Dufour Design LLC
I would suggest painting the larger wall above the vanity the darker of the grey suggested and a complimentary lighter beige (similar to backsplash tone not the same but complementary) on all the other walls…This would give more visual prominence to the vanity wall with the mirror on it…the lighter color on all the remaining walls would pull the alternate color tones into line completing your transformation…
November 16, 2013 at 6:31pm     
Color Zen
I like the paint colors that blend with the backsplash as pictured above. I would go even lighter though, basically off-white with the right undertone. Keep it fresh & light. The paint color doesn't always have to dominate. Add some fun accessories. Good luck! :)
November 16, 2013 at 6:34pm     
zepled
I couldn't find the equivelant in your brand but print an image of the color (you can find it on BM or Pinterest) and take it with you to the store. Most can now match the paint with their software. Awesome! Honestly, I think you will love this color because it picks up the grays and beige in your tile and granite. It's very neutral, though a cool color, it has warm undertones... Pale putty color. Crisp and clean.
November 16, 2013 at 6:56pm     
rdj11
Eggplant
November 16, 2013 at 8:13pm   
Interiors by Design, Terri Marcus, ASID, RID
Eggplant could be interesting, but too dark for all the walls. I would look at taupe's that have pinker undertones. I can't tell what the lighting in the room is, that will definitely impact how the paint looks. If and when possible I would paint out the cabinets in a lighter hue of the wall color you choose.
November 16, 2013 at 8:27pm   
Karla Papagni
Just read your comment about not painting your cabinets. Sorry....I'm a step behind today! In that case, I'd definitely try changing out the hardware to a black or oil rubbed bronze finish. I think that one, inexpensive change (with a light, neutral wall color) would be just the trick to balance the black in the countertops. I wish I were talented enough to photoshop a picture for you!
November 17, 2013 at 3:04pm     
joelcoqui
Ben Moore pismo dunes
November 17, 2013 at 3:12pm     
dstemple1956
I was wondering....how expensive would it actually be to repaint the cabinet? A quart of paint would make for a fresh look.
November 17, 2013 at 3:24pm     
zepled
Just a suggestion - sand the cabinets, if possible, I personally don't like committing to paint if it is good solid wood. Use a couple coats of clear Briwax once yo have sanded and change the knobs. It will look very nice and is a very inexpensive update.
November 17, 2013 at 6:11pm   
Cat Rowe
Match the paint to the lightest colour in the backsplash
November 17, 2013 at 6:22pm     
harryjeep
Ok here are the paint choices!
From left to right, I'll just number them 1,2,3,4. Which is your vote?
November 17, 2013 at 8:30pm   
First choice #2. Second choice #4
#2 is warm enough to work well with the wood tone. #4 is neutral enough it can also work ok with the wood. #1 and #3 are too cool and fight with the wood tone - make it too orange. (which it is not)
November 17, 2013 at 8:36pm   
sheryl819
I like rich color in a bathroom, I'd pull the dark bluish tones from the granite
November 17, 2013 at 8:50pm   
wislawcat
#2
November 17, 2013 at 8:50pm   
Supreme Floor Company
#2
November 17, 2013 at 9:01pm   
Ann
First choice #2, second choice #3.
November 17, 2013 at 9:08pm   
rubyloves2shop
2 or 3
November 17, 2013 at 9:47pm   
harryjeep
Thanks everyone for all your helpful comments. This is a tough one! What if I did #2 on the vanity wall , and then #3 on the other walls ? See pics ( the darker swatch of the two is #3). And possibly switch hardware to something darker to coordinate with the dark tones counter ?
November 17, 2013 at 9:59pm   
Karla Papagni
I think that sounds perfect! Love those colors. It's is going to look completely different with the neutral walls and dark hardware....in a good way! I've also seen a lot of people using real rugs (as opposed to bath mats) in bathrooms lately. A patterned rug with both the neutrals and blacks would really tie the whole thing together. We recently bought my daughter a beige and black chevron, indoor-outdoor rug for around $50. That would be practical and look amazing!
November 18, 2013 at 1:27pm     
victorianbungalowranch
I don't know about using two colors--you already have a lot of different tones in there. I think either one in the entire bathroom would be a big improvement, and then put something down to minimize the cool tones in the floor.

I like the darker one better I think, but the lighter one is OK too.
November 18, 2013 at 1:54pm     
rubyloves2shop
It is your decision but I agree as painful a decision as it is, that one color is enough for a smaller space like that with the patterns in tile and counter it's enough. The dark hardware would be nice and a neutral rug to warm the feet maybe some wall decor would finish it off.
November 18, 2013 at 2:25pm     
Amy Cali
#3 is great!
November 18, 2013 at 6:14pm   
Cat Rowe
One colour, #3 of 4
November 18, 2013 at 7:41pm   
brickln
OK Harry, where did you go with it?
December 2, 2013 at 4:58pm     
harryjeep
I went with #3, Dunn Edwards Fine Grain, because I didn't want it too dark. I'm happy with it... It's far better then it was originally! ( the far wall looks like a different color b/c of lighting ).
December 2, 2013 at 5:17pm     
harryjeep
Oh shoot that was a bad picture... Here's another one.
December 2, 2013 at 5:18pm     
harryjeep
It looks gray but it's actually a beige gray
December 2, 2013 at 5:18pm     
mkenner52
sherwin williams kilum beige
December 2, 2013 at 5:26pm     
cwiz
Check out Benjamin Moore paints they have the best selection of grays ---
December 2, 2013 at 5:31pm   
brickln
Very nice- blends in well with the floor and backsplash and accentuates the counter.
December 2, 2013 at 11:45pm     
denisejuddd
Great job-nice choice
December 3, 2013 at 12:50am     
Frances Corwin
Looks great ! if you want a very inexpensive fix for the backsplash in the bathroom on the wall with the marble / Carefully get a rotary tool & remove it & replace with glass tiles in a color to go with all . Glass tiles are 2.50 per square foot / Cut in half should be the right size. They are mounted on cheesecloth type backing & easy to apply yourself !
December 3, 2013 at 1:43am   
Choppy co-oop floor plan
How do you design living room given small space and...
Help need advice for crown molding not butting up to kitchen cabinets
Hi I just had some crown molding installed and my contractor...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...
Does anyone have a sink facing a wall?
Planning a new build. Don't want anything on my island...
entryway
I have a dual staircase without enough room to put...