Need help with kitchen
irdaniels
I have oak cabinets and I want an update. I have large kitchen and large part of budget is to replace counter I thought about painting cabinets white. Would that look cheap. Not in budget to replace cabinets. Any suggestions?
harryjeep
I'm also contemplating painting my ugly oak cabinets white but u have twice the number of cabinets than me, that's a lot of cabinets! Maybe just do the counter and replace the tile floor ? And leave cabinets ? Your cabinets aren't that bad, mine are pinkish ... Yuck.
1 Like   November 14, 2013 at 10:28PM
harryjeep
I wanted to add that if you painted them right I think it could look nice, but you might want to change out your white appliances b/c then it would be too much white.
   November 14, 2013 at 10:30PM
Ramona
white is more than fine and don't change appliances, let them disappear. find a countertop and backsplash you love. it will be a different room
   November 14, 2013 at 10:36PM
Ollie Lythe
I would go for some under cabinet LED lighting - check out some examples on our page http://www.houzz.com/pro/flexfireleds/flexfire-leds
   November 14, 2013 at 10:39PM
Curt D'Onofrio
For me personall,y, i like your kitchen as is. But i'm thinking a darker (granite) counter top
   November 14, 2013 at 10:44PM
A Kitchen That Works LLC
The cabinets are 3/4 overlay face frame, a style that lost popularity in the late 80's. Without replacing the doors and drawer fronts to a full overlay style, it will be hard to create a new look with paint alone. Consider replacing the countertops, adding a tile back splash and and installing decorative hardware on the doors and drawers. After you have done that and if you feel like you still need a bit more updating, then consider painting the cabinets.
1 Like   November 14, 2013 at 11:06PM
kylieanne7373
Maybe check out something like this http://insidestoryinteriors.blogspot.ca/2013/11/chalk-paint.html?m=1 it's cheap enough and seems relatively easy! Might save a lot of money on replacing cabinets when you could use that elsewhere!
   November 15, 2013 at 12:03AM
irdaniels
Thanks for all the comment. I have decided not to paint (not just yet) but will look at just replacing counter tops with dark solid surface and a backsplash. Still a work in process.
   November 15, 2013 at 6:55AM
Edmond Kitchen & Bath LLC
We love to paint those oak cabinets....same kitchen, same cabinets. We did replace the doors and drawers for a shaker look, but you can do it with the same doors you have. Best of luck in your projects - Robert
1 Like   November 15, 2013 at 7:48PM
Need help with kitchen. Really need help!
We have partially renovated our condo. The kitchen...
Need help for my kitchen. No room for kitchen table.
Currently have granite peninsula and want to expand...
bathroom reno advice
we currently have a large 3 way bathroom with a double...
Need Ideas For Decorating Ledge Space in Entryway
I'm looking for a few ideas for this ledge space in...
Please help me tie my room together!
Hi everyone! I've been decorating my living room and...
Living room makeover.
Really would like to dress this living room up for...
Need help with flooring
I have a small home with an open floor plan. The exterior...