navy blue velvet sofa
rmedrano28
i am about to purches a navey blue velvet couch with a zebra cow hide rug i dont know what metals i should go with silver or gold!? and what color chairs would work best with it and....keeping in mind the colors of my dining set since i do have an open floor plan, (looking for a whole new dining set so opionions are need! ) HELP!!
karemore55
Hi there! You can go with different colors and styles of chairs, depending in what sort of look you're after. If you are wanting to go a bit dressy and glam, maybe stick with navy for the chair, but in a different fabric from the sofa. For a more global/tribal look, chairs with a batik or ikat type print would look great. Or, for a warmer and colorful look, your chairs could be coral or rust colored, and finally for a tropical, casual look, you could do banana fibre or some type of wicker chair.

Not sure you want to use the metals - generally for the more glam look, gold would be best and for the others silver, but it's not carved in stone.

Don't forget you can also control the color, patterns and general look with accents like,sofa pillows,,curtains, lamp and coffee choices, etc.

What sort of look are you after?
2 Likes   November 14, 2013 at 11:56PM
chookchook2
Well put, karemore
1 Like   November 15, 2013 at 12:02AM
karemore55
Hey chookchook, good morning! I'm just heading off to bed - maybe will see you on UK thread tomorrow!
1 Like   November 15, 2013 at 12:12AM
indianpatti
There are so many directions/colors you could go with. Find a few pictures you love and post it here ... will help everyone get the room/look that you like.

For inspiration:
2 Likes   November 15, 2013 at 4:34AM
chookchook2
Yes go to browse rooms on Houzz and pop some pics in your idea book, is very relaxing and fun. And a great way to put off doing housework.
1 Like   November 15, 2013 at 4:54AM
chookchook2
Navy, yellow and grey are current but you might like to be different.
0 Likes   November 15, 2013 at 4:55AM
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
advice on tiling to the ceiling
I'm considering taking white, beveled 3 X 6 subway...
lorrainemh
Master bath with no tub?
Remodeling a 1st floor master bath. Is it a bad idea...
momaimp
rredpenn
Kitchen backsplash ideas??
I can't decide on a backsplash, glass seems too contemporary...
mbocquet