Help needed for bathroom remodeling
42860jolle
I need to take out shower stall and install a bathtub for my 2 year old twins and baby girl. I have no bathtubs to bathe them in. What's the cheapest way to accomplish this, as budget is very tight?
vkilpatrick
We just hose our two kids down with a hand held shower head. We used to bathe them but honestly the fighting over bath toys and splashing was more than I could handle after a long day. Now their shower is done in 2mins with no mess, no fights, and way less water used. I only wash their hair about a once a week and I just wrap their towel around them and they bend their head over the tub. I have also done it by laying them down on a towel on top of the kitchen counter with their head hanging in the sink a bit and I wash it with the sink sprayer. Easy.
They are 2.5 and 3.5 and seriously I wished I'd been doing it since they were old enough to stand on their own! It's SO MUCH EASIER! Save your pennies and buy and hand held shower head at Home Depot and Bob's your Uncle!
2 Likes   November 15, 2013 at 6:05PM
Linda
It would be a shame to remove such a nice shower for the few years until your little ones are old enough not to need a tub. How about a very large sturdy container like those sold at farm supply stores? Or, an old-fashioned galvanized laundry tub? I have a very cute picture of my son bathing in a bucket when he was about 4 years old and we were visiting a place with only a shower.

You can get a sturdy plastic tub 30 inches in diameter for about $25-$30. Then just hang it on the back wall of the shower
1 Like   November 15, 2013 at 6:22PM
42860jolle
We are already using the laundry tub, but it's getting too small for the twins. They are pretty big.
1 Like   November 15, 2013 at 7:13PM
42860jolle
Really need a bath tub, need suggestions on how to make it happen cheaply. Galvanizes tubs will not work. Help needed on how to make it happen not on why NOT to do it. Thank you
2 Likes   November 17, 2013 at 12:03AM
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
My first question is whether your shower is large enough to fit a freestanding tub (with feet) inside the existing shower space.

If it is, then you can purchase the freestanding tub and place it into the shower.

Remove the glass sliding doors and replace with a shower curtain.

Install a handheld shower head with an extra long hose.

Now you have a tub inside the shower. You haven't had to destroy any of the beautiful shower. In fact, the grownups can still shower by standing in the tub and the kids can take baths.

You have only had to purchase the tub and a long hand held hose ....................
2 Likes   November 17, 2013 at 1:16AM
Do you want to install a bath permanently or do you want to remove it later...
You could probably try something like this which would fit in your shower and could be attached to the drain and use existing shower fittings ... http://www.albionbathco.com/bathrooms/short-baths-tubs.html
1 Like   November 17, 2013 at 1:31AM
42860jolle
Thank you for the ideas for the free standing tub. I think they will work. I will check out the website for tubs. Thanks again!
1 Like   November 19, 2013 at 1:04AM
Paris Flea
Remove the shower door have a contractor build a 2 foot or so wall where the shower door is now and apply the same tile in the shower inside and out. Very cheap fix and will look original. If you want to keep the shower doors -raise them up on the "tub" ledge if you have room at the ceiling.
2 Likes   November 19, 2013 at 5:23PM
Need help on Kitchen and Bathroom remodel HELP PLEASE
Please help me with my kitchen and bathroom. In the...
Need help with Bathroom remodel
I put in garden tub in 2004, and tiled around the tub....
need help remodeling a bathroom
moved into a 60's house with pink tiled bathroom with...
Need help remodeling my master bathroom.
My home was built in 1994 and the master bath is quite...
Need help for my bathroom without remodeling
I just moved into a new condo with two small empty...
Apartment with small, high windows.
Im considering moving into a flat where only 3 rooms...
Help livingroom assistance
Hello all. I could use some help on my livingroom/dining...
Do I put a round chandelier above a round table?
48" diameter table. 9' ceiling. Lake cottage. What...
Serious issues in 1937 kitchen
This kitchen is in a rental. I spent all my budget...
Selection of rug
Need advice about size and color of the rug