Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jazrinscak

opening kitchen dining room open to living room with posts

jazrinscak
10 years ago
We have a side split house with a eat in kitchen that we want to open to living room and run through to the dining room taking serving cupboards into old dining room. Need post/pillar ideas for support.
Thanx, sorry no photos this is all new to me.

Comments (4)

• PRO
    HERE Design and Architecture
    10 years ago
    There are so many possibilities but this project requires an architect. You should use the Pro Finder to find some in your area whose work you like.
    jazrinscak thanked HERE Design and Architecture
  • touchadream
    10 years ago
    I would start with a kitchen designer, maybe you can find one at a cabinet shop locally who will come look and do a preliminary design for you. I got a design from IKEA for $199 which I like--they made changes one time without charging extra. It was worth that just to get started with layout idea for me. If I hadn't been happy with that, I could have gone to another kitchen designer...

Another possibility is a design/build firm.

Agree with HERE Design, you cannot mess with support issues without a pro, but a good contractor may be able to deal with structural issue too.
    jazrinscak thanked touchadream
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10 years ago
    It's best to consult a structural engineer to go on site and tell you which walls could be removed and how to support it properly they do get removed.
    jazrinscak thanked Dytecture
  • Chelo Os
    9 years ago
    Me gusta muchisimo su pagina. Felicidades.