Marsha'skitchen
mpat101
We had Uba tuba granite counter tops installed and have gold colored cabinets with black appliances. Looking for green w/gray glass tiles for backsplash. All I can find is a mixture of glass/marble. Any suggestions?
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
There's almost no room for an interesting backsplash since your countertop was installed with a "lip" at the back edge. I'd be more concerned about adding undercabinet lighting so that you can see what you're doing on the countertop! This will require a small valance around the bottom edge of your upper cabinets to hide the light source. Once you do that, there will be even less backsplash showing.

In your case I would find a glittery black mosaic with a bit of silver to accent it. I'd grout it in very dark charcoal so there's very little contrast with the tile. I would also replace the switches and receptacles with black ones so they blend into the backsplash better. greenwich village loft kitchen The Olivers House
November 17, 2013 at 10:31AM     
rinqreation
Why not just paint the rest of the walls with a washable (semi-gloss) paint?
November 17, 2013 at 10:48AM   
nechamaj
How about metal tiles for backsplash to reflect light?
November 17, 2013 at 11:19AM     
mpat101
We did actually add lighting under the cabinets which made a huge difference. I just didn't have them on when I took picture. The granite is actually a very, very dark green, which does look black, so I was trying to pull that green out so the color would show up a little better. I'm really scared of using black, but I am not good at this.
November 17, 2013 at 4:55PM   
mpat101
From Marsha's kitchen. I am attaching another photo to hopefully show you more of the color of the granite. Do you still think we should go with black backsplash? Additionally, where should I stop and start?
November 19, 2013 at 8:25AM     
rinqreation
I like the way it looks and would use a washable paint.
Even a clear coat on top of the cream would do just fine.
November 19, 2013 at 8:44AM     
mpat101
Thank you!
November 19, 2013 at 12:58PM   
happyasaclam
Those aggravating starting and stopping points! I think that dilemma is harder to solve than color dilemmas. I looked for any kind of tile that would highlight the dark green in uba tuba and came up empty. Unless you are really wanting tile, I would take rinqreation's and the others advice and paint. If you really, really want tile, go with a very highly light refective glass tile in a gray color. Your countertops are beautiful and whether you decide to paint or go with tile I hope you enjoy your udates!
November 19, 2013 at 1:32PM     
mpat101
Thank you!
November 19, 2013 at 5:06PM   
Help with organising this space needed!
Hey everyone, this is my first post on here, a relative...
Home needs some life
My wife and i are in the process of purchasing a home...
Choosing the right kitchen faucet in proportion to the sink.
In my kitchen I am putting in the large 39 1/2" wide...
I need ideas for chairs to go with a table i fell in love with
Here is the table. Medium brown /w/ a golden swirling...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...