Your tack house is great
cportera1
November 17, 2013 in Photo Questions
what are the overall dimensions
The Tiny Tack House
The house is built on a 20 foot long by 8½ foot wide (to the outside of the wheel well) flatbed utility trailer. Interior dimensions of the house are 19' 10¼" long by 6' 8½" wide. Our "great room" occupies 10' 4½" of the total length and floor to ceiling height in this room is 9' 11". Our kitchen and bathroom are found beneath the loft where the floor to support beam height is 6' 2". Our bathroom is very basic and contains a shower made out of an oak wine barrel cut in half. We also have a place for a composting toilet (though we have access to a bathroom where we are currently living). There is also a cabinet found underneath the loft on the same side of the house as the bathroom where I store much of my camera equipment as well as our hanging clothes. We also built a space for the cat litter because we did not want to deal with the unpleasant smells in such a small space. We have an entry area in the bathroom for the cat to enter his bathroom located under the cabinet :)

Our sleeping loft is 9' 5" long and 6' 8½" wide. Floor to ceiling height in the center of the loft is 3' 5". We built dormers to increase head room and promote ease of movement…the dormers were a necessity for two of us, but may not be for a single person living in a loft. The extra space from the dormers gave us room to build storage for our clothing. Our queen size bed easily fits in the loft with plenty of room to spare.

If you don’t count space taken up by furniture, cabinets, shower, etc., the ground level of our house is 133 square feet & the loft is 63 square feet (though in housing, space in which you cannot stand up is generally not counted)
November 19, 2013 at 7:28PM     
cportera1
Thank you so much. We are planning on using some of your ideas and really appreciate your help
November 20, 2013 at 6:12AM     
Still need help groveraxle,abbyjean,karemore55,and anyone else
For the sofa table, I think I'm wanting to replace...
I need brutal honesty here!! I promise I can take it. :)
We're finally finishing our basement (yay!) and I decided...
Need advice for my space
This is a apartment so there are limitation when it...
Roofing
Finally time to re-do the roof. Was wondering if black...
Need help in designing the frontyard of my renovated home
I renovated my house in Germany extensively inside...