Oil rubbed bronze hardware and fixtures
aliandavi
Hi All,
We are renovating a prewar apartment and like the look of ORB hardware and fixtures, and I have a few questions. The colors are generally creams with some gold, beige, etc. (we are using Calcutta and some Carrera). My mother expressed concern that the door hinges, which do not get rubbed, will remain too black and stand out. Any thoughts? Also, the kitchen sink is brushed nickel. Can we do ORB cabinet pulls with this or should we go all nickel in the kitchen? Any other insights on ORB would be appreciated. I love it but do not have experience with it. Thank you.
sstarr
I would recommend that you look at more kitchens on Houzz, to get an idea of how the various options look in real life.
November 17, 2013 at 1:07PM     
happyasaclam
Can you post some pics?
November 17, 2013 at 1:20PM     
sstarr
The only ORB hardware in my house are the new front door entry levers I put in recently. Love them. And I haven't looked at my hinges to see if they match. However, I think you're talking about kitchen cabinets.
November 17, 2013 at 1:22PM   
aliandavi
Thanks. I was talking about the hinges throughout the apartment. The kitchen is a separate area (not open). So my questions are, 1) will the dark hinges in hallways and bedrooms standout too much, and 2) are ORB fixtures ok with a nickel sink in kitchen?
November 17, 2013 at 3:08PM   
bplais
I have rubbed oil bronze handles and just had to look to see if the hinged are black because I honestly couldn't remember. Surprise, they are, and they don't stick out or look out of place at all. Our doors and baseboards are cloud white and our walls are a medium gold/beige.
November 17, 2013 at 3:26PM      Thanked by aliandavi
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Front door paint
Looking for any great paint colors for the front door....
How much room is needed between cupboards and island?
Trying to put design on paper and not sure of what...
What's the hardest thing to clean in your house?
Surely there is something in your house that involves...
Help me finish our bedroom
I need help finishing our bedroom. I want the colors...