Pizza Hut Roof Redo HELP!
Jennifer Chapman
We currently have this overhang over the front door of our 70's split level. We would like to update our home and increase curb appeal. Ideas??
You could most easily do something really modern / contemporary here. The flat extensions along the high parapet in front lend themselves to that - but the grids on the windows do not. Because the photo is a bit blurry, I can't tell what the mansard is clad in - but it could be squared off and even camoflauged by a horizontal grid that extended beyond it on either side - like the horizontal cedar clad modern homes. You might consider gray flannel / charcoal stain on the brick and paint out the siding over those windows in the same tone, then "block" the upper area with the left side being more of a mid-tone gray that could be repeated on the garage door elevation and some lighter shade of the same warm gray around the single window on the right, then strategically use some exterior wood horizontal cedar above the door. New mod light fixtures . . a citron green front door maybe a wider entry "deck" reaching half way to each flanking low window / stained charcoal concrete. . .
[houzz=International Style] [houzz=LG House - Exterior]
November 17, 2013 at 9:03pm        Thanked by Jennifer Chapman
claudiann
I would get a contractor(s) opinions and go from there. Some foundational plantings would be nice or it may be that what you have will grow. I'd see about making the stoop larger, maybe extend to the windows on either side.
November 18, 2013 at 1:30pm   
mmilos
Agree with libradesigneye. It would be $$$ but you could make it more contemporary by changing the finishes. Replace brick siding, mullioned windows, front door and lights with something more contemporary. Sheath the portico roof in copper.
November 18, 2013 at 1:38pm   
Fred S
Need more pictures from different angles. Can't tell what the whole house looks like. It seems a bit mixed up and added on to with the garage.
November 18, 2013 at 1:51pm     
No More Pizza Hut Overhang Please!
When we bought this house, our intention was to remodel...
Membrane Roofing for sleeping or visitor's hut detached off grid unit.
In our warm latitude, this seems to be practical and...
price of hut, and grass roof price and where from????
It's perfect. so enjoy exactly where you are today....
Pizza oven help pls
I'm building a new house and have a pizza oven in the...
Silestone Lagoon or Caesarstone Frosty Carina?
I had been struggling b/t Silestone Lyra and Lagoon...
can you use different fabrics on a sofa and love seat in the same room
I have a white slipcovered sofa and love seat. I am...
Will soapstone countertop present problem for laundry
Using soapstone countertop in galley kitchen remodel....
Using soapstone for kitchen countertop. Washer/dryer to be housed in a
Also concerned about accessibility of water shutoff...
Let's play with my living room...
Hello,any suggestions for my living , choice of colour,all...