Pizza Hut Roof Redo HELP!
Jennifer Chapman
November 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We currently have this overhang over the front door of our 70's split level. We would like to update our home and increase curb appeal. Ideas??
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
libradesigneye
You could most easily do something really modern / contemporary here. The flat extensions along the high parapet in front lend themselves to that - but the grids on the windows do not. Because the photo is a bit blurry, I can't tell what the mansard is clad in - but it could be squared off and even camoflauged by a horizontal grid that extended beyond it on either side - like the horizontal cedar clad modern homes. You might consider gray flannel / charcoal stain on the brick and paint out the siding over those windows in the same tone, then "block" the upper area with the left side being more of a mid-tone gray that could be repeated on the garage door elevation and some lighter shade of the same warm gray around the single window on the right, then strategically use some exterior wood horizontal cedar above the door. New mod light fixtures . . a citron green front door maybe a wider entry "deck" reaching half way to each flanking low window / stained charcoal concrete. . .
[houzz=International Style] [houzz=LG House - Exterior]
November 17, 2013 at 9:03pm        Thanked by Jennifer Chapman
claudiann
I would get a contractor(s) opinions and go from there. Some foundational plantings would be nice or it may be that what you have will grow. I'd see about making the stoop larger, maybe extend to the windows on either side.
November 18, 2013 at 1:30pm   
mmilos
Agree with libradesigneye. It would be $$$ but you could make it more contemporary by changing the finishes. Replace brick siding, mullioned windows, front door and lights with something more contemporary. Sheath the portico roof in copper.
November 18, 2013 at 1:38pm   
Fred S
Need more pictures from different angles. Can't tell what the whole house looks like. It seems a bit mixed up and added on to with the garage.
November 18, 2013 at 1:51pm